Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your Survival Story

(Didn't see this thread when I posted my story earlier XD.)

My epic minibike rescue.

Spoiler: 
    Day 22:
    Survived the day 21 horde and am now off to explore.

Day 24:
    Have found my share of loot and am on my way back to drop stuff off at HQ. Driving through town looking around at buildings and zombies when suddenly a wild cliff appears...

I jump into the water to locate my bike and figure out a way to save it... No sign of it... Where could it be?...

I spot it rapidly bouncing up and down as it floats away. It gradually sinks deeper and deeper as it moves along until it eventually hits a block and comes to a dead stop. The bike still bouncing deep in the water I swim underneath then push it towards the surface as it bounces off my head ever so forcefully. Placing frames below me as I swim up, I successfully build a platform for the bike to sit near the surface. The final touch being the addition and removal of frames within water to remove water blocks in order to rest the submerged bike onto dry land.

Trying to decide what to do next, I notice that the only visible land is a small island in the distance.

I make my way over to it and decide that the best course of action would be to dig a mega tunnel across the ocean floor.

Digging a tunnel across the bottom of the ocean takes a long, long time. I decide to dig up to the dirt level in hopes that it will reduce my digging time... Which caused a few flooding incidents... Corked holes with frames. Problem solved.

Hmm, only 6 images allowed per message... To be continued...

My epic minibike rescue continued.

Spoiler: 
    Day 25:
    Tunnel complete, phew! Mining skill now at 100. With the epic tunnel complete I return to my bike and construct a bridge to be able to get my bike to the island.

Get on bike.... Left lights on... Battery dead... Luckily have crappy spare in cart!. OMW home finally!!! Get stuck in hole where it wouldn't let me place a block...

Dig down till bike begins to bounce then slide a frame underneath and make a ramp back up to the bridge. OMW home... Again!!!

Go up ramp and completely shoot past bridge... :'(... Bike is bouncing through the water once again...

Is that... Land?!

Bike bounces all the way to land.

Day 26:
    Mega tunnel and bridge complete waste of time, but my bike is back home safe and sound.

The End.

PS
    Yes yes I know dismantling is way easier, but I never dismantle (except to add better parts). It is more fun to build/dig my way out of trouble :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos5715 View Post
    My epic minibike rescue continued.

Spoiler: 
    Day 25:
    Tunnel complete, phew! Mining skill now at 100. With the epic tunnel complete I return to my bike and construct a bridge to be able to get my bike to the island.

Get on bike.... Left lights on... Battery dead... Luckily have crappy spare in cart!. OMW home finally!!! Get stuck in hole where it wouldn't let me place a block...

Dig down till bike begins to bounce then slide a frame underneath and make a ramp back up to the bridge. OMW home... Again!!!

Go up ramp and completely shoot past bridge... :'(... Bike is bouncing through the water once again...

Is that... Land?!

Bike bounces all the way to land.

Day 26:
    Mega tunnel and bridge complete waste of time, but my bike is back home safe and sound.

The End.

PS
    Yes yes I know dismantling is way easier, but I never dismantle (except to add better parts). It is more fun to build/dig my way out of trouble :P.
    Well at least you had a happy ending and we congratulate you on your perseverance.

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
    Well at least you had a happy ending and we congratulate you on your perseverance.
    Any plans to make bikes move with the road? For example right now it just stays straight at all times.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    This happened back in Alpha 12.5. I put it in my Steam review of the game.

Day 21 Aftermath
    Come nightfall, I lasted for less than an hour before the zombies got me. They clustered on the north wall until they broke through, climbing over each other's corpses. At least I could see them better this time with the torches I'd placed. I picked off some with arrows, but I should've used my meager supply of bullets. In the end they surrounded me from the inner staircase and the 2nd floor balcony. They chewed through the wall, the doors, and even halfway into the foundation, though the building's still structurally sound.

Goals for next week: forge a pickaxe and start an escape tunnel from my base to the natural cavern I found earlier. Mine for iron in the process. Add another layer of spikes around the base and repair/strengthen the walls. Stretch goal: start a garden with the corn & potatoes I've scavenged.

P.S. Suggestion to others: write your story like you're telling a friend what happened in your game. In my humble opinion, they don't need embellishment or to be written like fan fiction.

Reconstructionist
    The first night and day 2

continued...

We went upstairs and put down our bedrolls. There was a bed, but it looked as if the sheets hadn't been changed in a long time.
    The floor it was, oh joy.
    To say we settled down would be an exaggeration, but we sat down and listened for footsteps outside of "our" house. We heard at least one of those creatures. This wouldn't be a restfull night.
    I talked to my new companion, her name was Cleo. She didn't remember what happened to her either and she also had a note from this Noah guy. I felt like I could trust her. We spent the night tossing ideas and theories around, but one was worse than the other.
    She called these creatures zombies. I guess that's the best word for it.
    At dawn we decided to stay nearby the house and find water and food, get some ressources for more arrows, before moving on and finding... I don't even know what to hope for anymore? Shelter? Some human beings? An explanation?

I took all the empty jars and cans we had gathered on our first day and went outside when there was enough light.
    Soon I found a stag and shot it with my bow and arrow. I felt bad for causing him pain, but I was very hungry.
    He fled and doing so led me to some lake where he died. Quickly I tried to get some of his hide and meat, I found a large bone and sharpened it to cut some better pieces. It wasn't the best output, but I wouldn't starve today. Hearing steps around me, I realized that I was pretty close to the city, so I rushed to the water and filled every container that would hold water before running back to safety... or so I thought, because suddenly a dog was chasing after me. I suppose he smelled the meat. I ran like the devil and getting closer to the house shouted to Cleo to be careful. Luckily she had left the door wide open, I sprinted inside and shut the door.
    This was almost too much excitement for the day. I went upstairs on the balcony, seemed that the dog had stopped chasing me, he wasn't anywhere near the house.
    With a grumbling stomach a checked Noah's instructions again and built a campfire to cook my meat, it turned out a little charred, but super delicious. A cooking pot would be nice to boil the water, but since I didn't want to drink the water without boiling it, I held some of the cans over the fire.
    The rest of the day was spent chopping would, mining some rocks and looking for nests. We also found another house similar to ours on the other side of the road, there was some neat stuff in it, but also a couple of those zombies.

We decided to move on come the next morning and hopefully get some desperately needed sleep this night.

Survivor
    The sun is going down and they will be here soon. I did very well so far, first time playing in the desert. I'm giving that final touch, a last row of small spikes. The plains that I found at the edge of the desert yielded enough wood to fix all the holes in the building I'm living now. It's almost time, better get inside quick.

From one of the windows in the first floor I could se them coming from south-west, it could not be worse. The south is the side where the old entrance used to be, I blocked using wood and they will gonna tear that side so quick. So I ran to the west side and removed the wood frames blocking a hole in the wall, dragging their attention to a stronger side. The battle begins, walls are holding, the spikes didn't last very long. I'm trying to clear most of them with pipe bombs and arrows, but I fell of the edge.

I respawn naked, no backup weapons and I can't recover my stuff while they are running. So I started to search for something to close that hole. I pick up two frames that I was using to plan a room for my bed, but is too late. As soon as I place the frames in my hotbar a spider zombie climb the wall and enters. Suddenly all the noise from the zombies hitting the walls disapeared, in my mind I had only a thought "close that hole", I managed to avoid him and close the wall, but as I placed the last frame he hits me. I turned running backwards trying to avoid him. "Now I'm trapped in a death loop." "If I had a weapon." "Something to fight back." Then I looked at my hands, "I have one". I started to punch him, at first I was a little unsure, but as soon as I noticed that he stunned, I entered a frenzy of punches. I don't have any idea how long that lasted, but after he died and my attention turned to the zombies destroying the building I noticed that I only had 12hp left.

Refugee
    My first game of 7DtD (alpha 11 or something):

Scopus appeared at a random spawn point, near a wrecked car with a dead dude, backpack, box, cooler, etc., in the middle of a burning forest. Way cool. I looted the lootables and started hoofing it up the road, wondering if a) there was an end to the burned area, and b) if the flaming bunnies squealing nearby were edible. The pigs were.

Finally, playing with buttons, I noticed I could make a stone axe. Did so after gathering the materials. Lookie at all the recipes... I went to work, knowing I'd need a shelter before nightfall. I had made it to a pine forest back when trees yielded logs.

Not knowing how to play, I made log cabin wood blocks and built a hut with a wooden door. Just before nightime, I huddled. Spent the whole night not bored at all, simply playing with the UI, and reading everything. The next morning, I knew to make spikes. Why, it was almost too easy.

Then, the bear found me. I hid in my cabin while it destroyed the one-row of spikes and started destroying my wall. I finally just ran away, leading it off toward an old gas station.

I repaired the cabin, and made sure my one row of spikes went all the way around. Put a wooden fence up, too. Yeah. Total safety.

I spent the first week just running from zombies and looting everything lootable. There's a megaton of bags and debris out there if you lower your graphics and can see it amid the grass.

Then, one night, a horde of dogs and zombies burst through my door and killed me.

Not deterred, and loving the game, I played again. But then, one night a horde arrived and slaughtered me in my wood (reinforced, even) house.

My wife, who watches me play these things, was the first to get a clue. She said, "waitaminute... was it the 7th night? What is the game called, again?"

At that point, the game became even better to me. Challenge accepted.

Reconstructionist
    This took place in Alpha 12.5...

After a busy night of fending off the Day 21 horde, I became determined to explore the small prairie town several kilometers to the north. My base was secure and only needed a few repairs, but I knew that it had only been my tendency to over-fortify that had allowed me to survive the night. Corpses blanketed the plain before my walls where I had shot the zombie horde down one by one, using only my bow and arrows. If I was to survive the next horde, I would need to learn how to build some kind of firearm and maybe discover improved building materials.

I ate a hearty breakfast, packed my travel bag, and headed up the state highway towards the north. As I ran, I stopped at occasional cars to search their trunks and killed stray zombies with well placed shots. I accumulated a small pile of minor trinkets and decided that most of my loot would be valuable later. As I neared the outskirts of the town, I started to search the surrounding lands for a good place to make a base. Ultimately I settled on a steep hillside near the southeast corner of town. I quickly hollowed out a little alcove in the hillside and covered its entrance with sod to camouflage it. Then I set up my campfire and ventured outside to check out the town.

I spent most of the afternoon sneaking into houses and businesses in search of loot, and assembled quite a stash of valuables. As dusk neared, I returned to my hiding place to prepare a quick dinner and await the dawn. As I crouched by my fire, I suddenly became aware of the shuffling of many feet nearby. I froze in fear, praying that the roaming zombie horde would not sniff me out. After a time, the shuffling of feet gradually passed me by, fading into the distance, and I breathed a sigh of relief. I ate breakfast and readied myself for the light of the dawn and another day of looting.

Dawn came, and I popped out of my hiding spot, ready to go. And down the hill, a bear raised his head inquisitively at the sound. We stared at each other for just a second, then the bear charged toward me. As I sprinted away at top speed, I thought to myself, "Here goes another day in the zombie apocalypse...".
    Last edited by Fyrdrinc; 04-22-2016 at 09:49 PM.

Ranger
    Yesterday I was running around a bit and for the first time I saw a militairy camp so I approached it...huh...whats that on the ground?_? BOOM.....wtf.....damn landmines. I had to run back for some 600 loot I found that day (2 magnum parts) I was so focused getting my loot asap back (didnt equip anything new cause my bag was full) that I didn't saw the bear I was running towards and yeah he killed me.....damn all my nice shinny loot gone.
    Last edited by Umbario; 04-22-2016 at 02:51 PM.

My favorite survival story happened during testing right after we switched over to the new Unity system. One team member (The British Guy) built this really elaborate two story base out of redwood planks, with spikes around the outside.

Many of us, being too lazy to build bases every day, would mooch at the British Guy's place.

One of those moochers was The Other British Guy. I don't remember exactly what he did, but as I recall, it involved augering out a whole ton of rock nearby, eating a Venison Stew (and then leaving the rest of the stack on his belt), and then going AFK for 30 minutes.

Back in those days between the Unity update and the addition of speed trees, you could have a LOT of Zombies. Did I mention that it was time for the Feral Horde to spawn?

About 400 came, and they made a beeline for The Other British Guy. I was underground in the huge new caves, mining for my new stilt design I was playing around with. Florida Guy had his own base, and Islander Guy and German guy weren't on, so we didn't find out about it until Other British Guy came back from AFK.

The rest of us tried to help stop the carnage at Poor British guy's house once morning came, but literally-- at the end of the fight -- there was only a tiny sliver of the base left. Other British Guy died like 5 times until they killed his sleeping bag and he spawned far away. As soon as I heard what was going on I dropped one in the cave I was in.

The fight was fun, it was like murdering the entire crowd of a Lollapalooza, I had never laughed so hard in game in my life. There were so, so many dogs, though-- But I managed not to die. Other British Guy was still trying to rebuild British Guy's house when he logged in, and we laughed for a long time all over again while he tried to explain what happened.

---
    Fake Signature Line that's really just a cheap plug for my YouTube Channel

I have many stories. But this one happened not to long ago, a fresh scar if you will.

I was playing on a PVP server alone, surviving alone in the desert. I never had a home, just kept drifting. Until one day I made a small shack to last a couple of days. I spent one night in that shack, everything ok. Then I saw a plane fly over head and drop a crate so I ran to go get the crate, it was close and I got to its destination before it landed. While I was waiting a guy, who was poorly equipped as he still had plant finer clothes and a club, came up. I said hey, buzz off before I have to kill you, the guy ran away then some zombies came and I killed them. While I was killing them the crate landed and the guy took everything, so I chased him down, told him to drop the stuff or I would kill him (I gave him a chance) but he kept running so I shot him with a bow then smacked him over the head with a barbed club a couple times and killed him. Walking home, two men (who I could only assume were with the other guy according to their state) came out and asked me if I had just kill a guy, I said yes so they tried to kill me with their fists and a club. I had taken damage as I was surprised but out of anger and frustration I beat the daylights out of the one with the club until he died, then his corpse. I had taken some hits and had to run from the last guy who chased me, pulling out a bow and shooting me. I was bleeding, these people were more equipped than I thought... but I could take em'. As I healed in a valley I heard him calling my name and saying he just wanted to talk, then he began to mock me saying oh... to scared there kane? This pissed me off so I found him, the sun was setting and we both stood in a valley. I knew one man would make it out. The mocking continued, the fact that he thought I was to scared and couldn't kill him pissed me off even more. I told him YOUR ♥♥♥♥ING WITH THE WRONG GUY! We then charged each other and began beating each other to death using every advantage possible to win. By a hair of life (16) I walked away from it. But the ♥♥♥♥ show was not over... naw we then went on commercial.

I met a new guy, I said follow me. He was new to the game so I teached him how to play and took him in. I found a tazar's axe or what ever you call it and traded it for a faulty 44 magnum (I figured it was better) so I made the deal with this guy and got the 44. A feral horde and a couple days later we needed ammo and sent my new friend to go trade for some. He then told me he needed help, he told me to run faster than the wind and that this was it. Confused I ran to my new friends rescue. I never received any more info from him, until some chick said she had some. I met her on a road at night and when she was talking to me (I gave her food in return)... this where ♥♥♥♥ flung at the fan and gave the walls a new paint job. Out of the silent night light came from a hill as well as a loud boom, multiple. I saw blood spray from this girl as she was being shot to death, but something told me that they missed their target. I stood for a moment as her body fell to floor, everything was silent as she dropped then I ran and hid behind a tree and bandaged myself as a bullet or two hit me. My mind raced, trying to analyses the situation, they were better equipped, smg... or AK, my mind focused on my lost friend and saving him until I heard his voice say ♥♥♥♥ we killed the wrong guy. Anger flowed through my body so I sneaked around and followed them to their fort. I found my way in and took my revolver (and everything else they had, sabotaged everything, beds supports... it was all rigged). I was leaving but then I saw him standing in the middle of the forge area, I said hey ♥♥♥♥er and shot him a couple times then set off some explosives and watched the whole place come tumbling down as I fought off the remaining survivors and runners coming at us. By luck 2 got eaten before they flanked me as I killed the others while they were running to cover (bout 1-2 of them) then I killed the remaining zombies. That was the extent of drama and killing there. Anyway it was pretty intense and one of the best stories I have to tell.
    Last edited by kanerockwell; 05-02-2016 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosocks View Post
    One time I survived 5 whole seconds after spawning.
    Then a dog spawned behind me while I was in a menu.

//hurhur love you pimps
    must be cause yer so tasty

I woke up naked in the woods, I have no clue what happend, but i guessed it must be the Zombie apokalypse, So I gathered materials and trained my crafting skills. After half a day my hands where sore, I was sitting in a pile of stoneaxes and wooden clubs and still no Zombie... so I guess I was wrong... so i moved on, found some nests crafted a bow for hunting and arrows and there, a Zombie...I shoot him... and hammed the ♥♥♥♥ out of him with a stoneaxe until one bones where left... hmm ever heard of boneknifes? good for taking dears apart... So i moved, killed Zs. and hunted some animals... und close to night I found a descent house with a forge perfect for me. Made some Iron and arrow tips, but i was runing out of water, so i had to move on...
    Next day in a car I found a pretty ♥♥♥♥ty chainsaw...I thought whatever, ill take it...
    at night i found again a nice house, barricaded myself on the upper floor.... and at night a Zombie had found me... mourning, hitting something in the floor under me... killing my nervs... I tried to build with wood a platform so i can see it, but when i jumped on top of it, i hit a wooden bar with my head and fall onto the spikes on the flor, jumpind around I threw in panik my hammer away and graped the first thing to defend myself... the chainsaw... a clean cut and the Z stoped getting on my nerfes and relaxed through the rest of the night.
    20160503042708_1.jpg
    After that I thought i need a real defendable home and had concrete dreams... so near the city i dugg a hole in the ground, mined stone and made a lot of concrete while living of the flesh i hunted the days before. I was ready at day 7 and in the night they hit me in large Numbers... but my bunker was tough enough...
    20160503075824_1.jpg
    And in the morning my first crobs have been grown
    20160503075916_1.jpg
    I think i will survive...

Refugee
    On a PvP server, I met a guy dressed up as Preston Garvey, with the name above his head and all. He told me another settlement needed my help from raiders, with a soundboard (I was almost rolling on the floor at this point). He gives me a hunting rifle and we go to these "raiders". They have AKs and Rocket Launchers. We last about four or five seconds.

Never trust Preston Garvey, kids.
    Last edited by SherlockHole; 05-08-2016 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Typo and bad phrasing.