Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SDX Switches

SDX Switches

Hey guys,

Here's an SDX mod that adds basic switches to the game. They allow remote activation of blocks like doors and tnt.

If you're writing your own SDX mods then as long as your block implements the OnActivated method it will work for them too.

A15 Download
    A14 Download

Video

Cheers,

Hal
    Last edited by HAL9000; 03-19-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Leader
    Def sounds there can be alot of possibilities from this :-) great stuff :-)

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL9000 View Post
    Hey guys,

Here's an SDX mod that adds basic switches to the game. They allow remote activation of blocks like doors and tnt.

If you're writing your own SDX mods then as long as your block implements the OnActivated method it will work for them too.

Download

Video

Cheers,

Hal
    Thanks, this is brilliant! Any idea if this could work for turning on campfires (pre-loaded with fuel) at bottlenecks during 7th day hordes?

Hunter
    one thing i couldn't test, so I have to ask:
    if you lock a door, the switch can still open it, but it can't open locked doors, that have been locked from the start (prefabs).
    So question is, in multiplayer, if you lock a door, but put a switch to it. Will other players be able to open the door by using the switch?

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Verrix View Post
    Thanks, this is brilliant! Any idea if this could work for turning on campfires (pre-loaded with fuel) at bottlenecks during 7th day hordes?
    just tested this, it opens the crafting menu
    and it works for quite a distance. So yes you could do it remotely

Quote Originally Posted by Verrix View Post
    Hi Verrix. That's a good idea, I will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by elitelex View Post
    one thing i couldn't test, so I have to ask:
    if you lock a door, the switch can still open it, but it can't open locked doors, that have been locked from the start (prefabs).
    So question is, in multiplayer, if you lock a door, but put a switch to it. Will other players be able to open the door by using the switch?
    Yes that's by design so people can't put a switch on another person's door and open it if they don't have permission. It should work as it normally does. If you have permission, it opens. If you don't then it won't. Or shouldn't ^^ I haven't really tested for MP.

I was considering have the switches open anything and it being on the player to only put them in secure areas but there's too much possibility for abuse unless I add in some form of claim block check so other players can't just open your doors.

just tested this, it opens the crafting menu
    and it works for quite a distance. So yes you could do it remotely
    Ahh, thanks for pointing that out. I will need to remove that ability. If there's a lot of demand for it I can add it as an option but you can only link a switch to one container or it breaks the others and you can never open them again (unless you reboot/restart the game)

And it would be remote accessing the container for crafting or lighting the fire, not both, so I'll remove the container access and add in remote firing.

Hunter
    And it would be remote accessing the container for crafting or lighting the fire, not both, so I'll remove the container access and add in remote firing.
    But as for campfires, they light on fire, once you start crafting?

But as for campfires, they light on fire, once you start crafting?
    Yeah it would be access as normal but remotely

Refugee
    Any chance for an update to this mod or anyone know what I need to edit to make this mod work for 14.6?

Quote Originally Posted by yoko View Post
    Any chance for an update to this mod or anyone know what I need to edit to make this mod work for 14.6?
    Yes, it will be getting updated for 14.6

Refugee
    Yes, it will be getting updated for 14.6
    Thank you!

Updated for A14.6

Leader
    WHOOT WHOOT ty Hal :-)

Zombie Hunter
    Thanks HAL, this works great with my latest mod.

This is a very fun mod! Thanks!

[A couple questions & thoughts:
    1. Would you consider expanding on this? (If no, no further questions are relevant)
    2. Would you be willing to release a separate mod specifically for remote access so I don't have to choose?
    3. Is there any way we could set these on timers? ie. activate on clock time or repeat every 10 sec
    3a. I know this would technically be a separate mod request or expansion, just like to know your thoughts.
    4. Programmable input could have limitless potential for future mods. Ie. "activate" = "E, 2 second delay, 4"

I love automation, and the CCTV mod could be programmed to cycle through channels like an actual surveillance system. Also, I'm sure if these were actual options people much smarter than I could find good use for the extra functions.
    Last edited by GARRthePIRATE; 07-28-2016 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Lightbulb