Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha 14.6 Experimental

Alpha 14.6 Experimental

Hey Survivalist,
    We’re trying out a new concept using Steam’s beta builds program to release Experimental builds for those who want to help test builds before they are ready to go live as a stable main public build. We would like you to post problems and reproducible use cases right in the forums with output logs if possible. Thanks for the help.

Here's how to opt in and play the latest experimental branch.

1. Open your steam client.
    2. Click on Games/View Games Library
    3. Right click ‘7 Days to Die’ and select properties
    4. From the new popup dialogue box select the ‘BETAS’ Tab
    5. Under ‘Select the beta you would like to opt into’ latest_experimental
    6. The game will then update and download the latest experimental build Alpha 14.6
    7. Switching back to the latest main stable build is as easy as repeating steps 1-4 and on step 5 choose the option ‘None – Opt out of all Beta Programs’ and you’ll revert to the latest stable build

Alpha 14.6 Experimental Release Notes.

Fixed
    • Fixed: Forge/Campfire - "0" value on fuel icon and colored "Turn on" option are present in turned off Campfire/Forge UI after turning on previous one.
    • Fixed: Red Tea description has wrong use of "its"
    • Fixed: Goreblock prefabs do not not show butchering animation
    • Fixed: Several Dock POIs blocks cannot be repaired
    • Fixed: Player does not receive empty Glass Jar after eating a Jar of Honey
    • Fixed: Airdrop Supply Crate is levitating on a parachute if dropped on water
    • Fixed: Name key for adobePeachPole
    • Fixed: Solid scrap iron frames can not be picked up.
    • Fixed: Corrected name of the leather leg armor schematic.
    • Fixed: Space is doubled between "Repair:" and repair component in item statistics window.
    • Fixed: Crafted word is used incorrectly in Crushed Sand description
    • Fixed: Healing has a misleading description. (Changed it to say you have enough consumed food to slowly heal.
    • Fixed: slow swoosh sync issue (sledehammersound).
    • Fixed: Improper prompt is displayed after removing a player from allies
    • Fixed: Flagstone description lists wrong requirements.
    • Fixed: Internal Bleeding effect timer caused by eating broken glass is not refreshed after eating another broken glass
    • Fixed: Weaving cloth increases tailoring skill.
    • Fixed: Antibiotics are not listed as a cure for infection4 which is instant death.
    • Fixed: Herbal antibiotics icon is not identical to vitamins any more.
    • Fixed: Wherever possible buffs list where you got them from and possible remedies.
    • Fixed: Inconsistent use of water to put out fire if the player is on fire.
    • Fixed: Tools and Weapons are detached from character's hand in certain situations. Jumping with an item doesn't override the arms position. Now jumping with a gun the player keeps his aim
    • Fixed: Some firearms have corrupted shooting animation when player aborts aiming down the sights
    • Fixed: Flashlight sound playing for weapons with no flashlight attached.
    • Fixed: Put MaxRepeatRate of 1 second on player jump voices in the sounds.xml
    • Fixed: Boiled Meat Description Is Misleading
    • Fixed: Any item can be placed in Tools slot in Camp Fire and Forge screens.
    • Fixed: Redundant crosshair while driving a Minibike.
    • Fixed: The Fixer perk makes repairs more expensive instead of cheaper.
    • Fixed: Clicking on empty field in several UI windows, causes sounds.
    • Fixed: Lack of consistency with melee weapons' crosshair.
    • Fixed: Tooltip informing about decreased wellness appears even if character has minimum wellness.
    • Fixed: Weapon Smithing skill has inconsistent description
    • Fixed: endless blood moon hordes.
    • Fixed: Possibility to duplicate specific item parts infinitely.
    • Fixed: Fall through effect between grid in Looting Menu.
    • Fixed: Zombie Bear - Incorrect idle behavior
    • Fixed: Braking while driving minibike on cornfield moves it erratically
    • Fixed: Leaving Minibike in the water shoots it out at great distance
    • Fixed: Minibike shakes while standing on a plant or in the water
    • Fixed: Corrupted bowstring draw animation. Note that it is still possible to repro 1 out of 10 to 20 LMB spams, but it is the best that can be done with low risk changes
    • Fixed: Division Modifier not working for skill effects
    • Fixed: Corpses of enemies and animals decompose too quickly
    • Fixed: Corpses of enemies and animals now decay in 5 minutes.
    • Fixed: Character on Minibike shakes when braking in the cornfield
    • Fixed: Minibike changes location after leaving it on the cornfield
    • Fixed: Partial terrain missing on Linux systems using proprietary Nvidia graphics drivers !!
    • Fixed: Flashlight activation is shared between all weapons with attached flashlight.
    • Fixed: Both Shotguns Are Using The Same Blast Radius
    • Fixed: Water sunken POIs, high mem usage
    • Fixed: First item from each rwg list being selected instead of properly rolling random POIs
    • Fixed: Brass ceiling / wall lights do not drop brass.
    • Fixed: Digging into water body "cubes" falling water body
    • Fixed: Item being crafted may be removed from Inspect frame as resources are used.
    • Fixed: Random stone walls in the middle of road
    • Fixed: Creative Multiplayer - Bear deals no damage to the player but can cause debuff
    • Fixed: Wall Safe is put incorrectly in Navezgane
    • Fixed: Some environment objects are incorrectly placed in school in NAVEZGANE
    • Fixed: Floating sign in Navezgane from forums at 809 N 224 W
    • Fixed: Digging into water body "cubes" falling water body (Chris)
    • Fixed: Minibike shakes if the player gets off of it on the slope
    • Fixed: Character can be incorrectly rotated in the Character screen by spamming LMB
    • Fixed: Underwater graphics filter appears before character fully dives
    • Fixed: Perishton building collapses after placing a block
    • Fixed: Missing slash between letters N and A in Status column in Players screen.
    • Fixed: Banding in sky lighting
    • Fixed: Bad cave lighting during certain times of day/night
    • Fixed: Player is able to equip the item which the user is currently assembling.
    • Fixed: Invisible and redundant button in Skills screen.
    • Fixed: Misleading tooltip when trying to use unfinished weapon or tool.
    • Fixed: Plant Fiber Hat's functionality is incorrectly described

Changes
    • Changed: Rebalanced repair skills and Fixer perk.
    • Changed: Harvesting cars yields more gas.
    • Changed: Updated drop behavior on rocketlauncher and shotguns.
    • Changed: Updated drop behavior of wooden bow and pistol.
    • Changed: Updated drop behavior of tools.
    • Changed: Reduced large first aid health amount per second
    • Changed: Zombie screamers now summon a "mini" horde every time they scream loudly. This puts pressure on the player to dispatch the screamer as soon as possible. The amount of zombies the screamer summons increases over weeks past, so a screamer on day 90 will summon some nasty zombies and lots of them. Screamers scream loudly about every 20 seconds so kill them quickly or you will have a large horde to deal with. Screamers also have a low chance to summon additional screamers.
    • Changed: Reduced food dropping as loot because players never had to worry about food.
    • Changed: Updated drop behavior of guns.
    • Changed: updated art on cotton plants
    • Changed: Zombies now turn into goreblock prefabs once the lootwindow is closed and the loot is thrown on the ground

Additions/Removals
    • Added: Game option for marking air drops on map/compass. Defaults to off.
    • Added: Buff that displays when you enter the radiation zone.
    • Removed: Lineup points as they never solved the road alignment issue
    • Added: spawner wrapMode “clamp

Known Issues

• Linux still have some rendering issues we're investigating
    • Sounds on dedicated servers seem to stop player after extended periods of time. Resetting the server fixes this.
    • Some folks are still experiencing crashed we are investigating this and suspect it's a unity problem.
    • NRE can pop up after leaving a game and forces the player to close the game, we're investigating
    • Minibike disappearing issues we're investigating

See B15 additions here.

Cheers Richard
    Last edited by madmole; 04-17-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Folks let us know if we fixed the endless horde issue

Too many zombies make the game slow. (lag, unplayable)

Yay for patches .

-----------------------------
    So sayeth the minimole.

Awesome. Hope this works out well and becomes the norm.

"Experimental" ? ...... Hmmm, and idea can be pleasant to some!.... it is necessary to some

Both the wolves have eaten much and the sheep have not been touched!
    Last edited by n2n1; 04-15-2016 at 04:09 AM.

Refugee
    My game is not working since A14, crashing after few second.
    Some times, only seeing the screen focusing, some times when turning around, but the game always shut down.
    I'm on Win8.1(64x), gt640, 8Go. And I did the full uninstall/reinstall on A14.4.

So I downloaded 14.6 with hope.
    Started a brand new SurvivalistSP game and game crashed on World building.

Reloading the map, lead to few seconds of play(like all A14 version)

I don't have enought time to see any horde but I was thinking this comment could be of use.
    Move it, if it's in the wrong section.
    Last edited by Hillkoz; 04-15-2016 at 04:50 AM.

Nice fix list. Thanks to all involved. I appreciate you providing us with an experimental branch to help further test. I'll be playing both 14.5 and 14.6 due to server limitations. But, i'll be sure to report any issues I find with 14.6.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
    Changes
    • Changed: Zombie screamers now summon a "mini" horde every time they scream loudly. This puts pressure on the player to dispatch the screamer as soon as possible. The amount of zombies the screamer summons increases over weeks past, so a screamer on day 90 will summon some nasty zombies and lots of them. Screamers scream loudly about every 20 seconds so kill them quickly or you will have a large horde to deal with. Screamers also have a low chance to summon additional screamers.

I am really starting to get the idea we are at the stage of calling bugs features now:
    First we start shooting through zombies, next patch "we NOW changed it so they are in accurate".
    Then screamers start summoning without being able to see you or know you're there and NOW you "patched" it so they summon every 20 seconds.
    Even if you really changed it on purpose: why?!
    Stop fixing things that aren't broken, and stop calling things fixed that still are

Thanks TFP's, I will do my best to help.

i would like to help if we can, i have fired up a 14.6 server you can find in the servers listings in this forums where all other are.
    called experimental Patch 14.6

any logs you need i will send wherever you need them just read my post in the correct area in the forums. i left my e mail as well.

long time host i just wanna get involved and help as much as we can.
    logs whatever you need just tell me what you want from it. it is open and no managers installed.
    i know this is a community effort, so i will keep it open and continue to do so each patch you want to test.

SMS Group Leader
    Noobs Inc

Wait...you can eat broken glass?! Who figured this out?!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I am really starting to get the idea we are at the stage of calling bugs features now:
    First we start shooting through zombies, next patch "we NOW changed it so they are in accurate".
    Then screamers start summoning without being able to see you or know you're there and NOW you "patched" it so they summon every 20 seconds.
    Even if you really changed it on purpose: why?!
    Stop fixing things that aren't broken, and stop calling things fixed that still are
    I really don't think you understand the release notes. The screamers have to see you before they summon anything. They only summon about 5 zombies per scream. Its no longer the unfair "entire horde" they summon, which was bad for performance and a bad design getting a huge horde because you cooked or forged a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    I really don't think you understand the release notes. The screamers have to see you before they summon anything. They only summon about 5 zombies per scream. Its no longer the unfair "entire horde" they summon, which was bad for performance and a bad design getting a huge horde because you cooked or forged a bit too much.
    That's what I figured it was for, and I think that's a smart approach to performance \ fun. From what I understand they summon 5 per scream up to a maximum hard-coded cap of 20 and then what happens though? Do the other ones get queued in the wave total similar to night horde? So if she summons 25 - only 20 could be alive but as soon as you kill 1 - 1 of the 5 queued will take its place? Is there a max cap on the total wave value?

Question: the 300 seconds stay on death, previously a dead body would count towards the max entities so haveing a 300 second decay time wont this further delay spawning between the waves ie 300 max sombies 30 per wave after the 2nd wave you have 60 corpses the 3rd wave can only spawn 5 more to hit the max 65 then have to wait till there looted or despawen after 300 second then the remaining 25 zombies will spawn? or did you address the fact a corpse is still counted as an entity in another way?