Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Translation Tool

Survivor
    Yes i saw, that no translation exits - only english. There is just the structure done but not filled.
    Thats i thought "oh its empty but a simple csv-file - would be more easy with a tool"

Now the translation tool is ready but without a solution to change the language... at least you can you my tool to edit all other stuff in it and not only the translation.

Good implementation would be the the game reads always the english part if the choosen language not fill with some text.
    So if you use a "german" version, but not all is translated the not translated will be shown in english - maybe with a hint, that the translation isnt complete.

EDIT

yes its seems in some dll but we need a language switcher in a configfile or something thats easy to edit. Or later in game.

EDIT2
    yes i found it in the regestry:
    Language_h3872303031

0000 45 6e 67 6c 69 73 68 00 English.

EDIT3
    tried to edit it into German, but the game change it after launching.
    I think this i somehow the option to edit.
    Last edited by knarox; 05-06-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Survivor
    Sorry i have no idea how to change the language at the moment.
    I think we have to wait unti this is possible to change in the game again.

Refugee
    Can you reupload your source?

Survivor
    I uploaded it again. Nice to see that my program is still useful
    Check the updated link in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by knarox View Post
    I uploaded it again. Nice to see that my program is still useful
    Check the updated link in the first post.
    This app is awesome. Thank you knarox.
    I have been using it to add descriptions for 'custom' items that I have created vs. manually editing the loc/quests files.
    Another thing that i did with my A15 loc/quests files is that i removed all the "not my native" languages and I did notice an improvement in menu responce speed. It was just an experiment at first but I had a theory and wanted to prove it to myself and I was right (partially).

By removing all the text that was "not needed" aka french, german, spanish and klingon (haha) the game does not have to 'read' all of that extra text/characters to get to its/your desired output, therefore reducing menu delay.

The results were pretty amazing and very noticable. I will say this though, the localization file is huge and it takes a long time to completely 'clean' the file properly. So I also used a search/replace (via notepad++ and a bit of wildcard * factoring) for sections that has similar phrasing.

I have yet to tackle my A16 files but it is an 'optimization' that I will be getting to shortly.
    As always if your gonna try this ... BACKUP the file(s) first.

Once again, Thanx for the great program.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstep70 View Post
    By removing all the text that was "not needed" aka french, german, spanish and klingon (haha) the game does not have to 'read' all of that extra text/characters to get to its/your desired output, therefore reducing menu delay.
    You mean that it will reduce the lag for mods who have a lot of recipes ?
    Last edited by n2n1; 12-04-2017 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n2n1 View Post
    You mean that it will reduce the lag for mods who have a lot of recipes ?
    Yes, thats what I noticed... its not a huge difference but as the localization file get "fuller and fuller" the game routines have to 'read' thru all those extra letters to get to what you are looking for/at

example
    cambelsSoup,item,food,kgnone,cambels soup,Cambel Soup tastes really really really really really really really really really really good.,,,,
    vs.
    cambelsSoup,item,food,kgnone,cambels soup,Cambel Soup tastes good.

so you see my thinking/theory as to why omitting/removing un-needed values will speed up the display

on a lighter note... if I spoke Klingon then all my menus would be in Klingon, but alas, I only speak english
    Last edited by bigstep70; 12-04-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Hmmm....Thanks for the info!
    I think, i know how to test this quickly - I cleared a large part of the Localization.txt and see what is the result.

PS: only now i noticed about Klingon language
    Last edited by n2n1; 12-04-2017 at 08:45 PM.

yeah i have not done "major" testing
    I just pulled out languages that I cant read and slimmed down some of the descriptions, as Ive played long enough to know what certain items and blocks do... in reality I could probably blank/erase 90% of the file and still be able to play

side note :: this is all just me "messing" with things to optimize gameplay for my old-a$$ PC... like 10 year old mobo and cpu... so i try every thing i can to squeeze performance from the game
    I should have been a data-analyist/consolidator
    Last edited by bigstep70; 12-04-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Survivor
    Strange that a overloaded xml file the gamw slows down.
    XML reading is in normal case independent from the total size of xml file. You normaly using xpath or something to read direct your translations.

No, unfortunately the reduction of the content Localization.txt does not affect the lag for search recipes.

Hi,

i would translate an mod localisation. While loading the txt file the translator canceled it, whenever a line in the english section startet with ".

Can you fix it?

MfG Scomar

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Scomar View Post
    Hi,

i would translate an mod localisation. While loading the txt file the translator canceled it, whenever a line in the english section startet with ".

Can you fix it?

MfG Scomar
    Hi,

i cant reproduce this issue.
    I loaded the "Localization.txt" file and had no error, also with starting "-character.
    But if you have only on "-character the programm will crash because they have to be always in pairs. Maybe in your file is a "-character missing.

I fixed this kind of crash and showing you in which line the error happens in a MessageBox. Maybe this helps.
    New version of the program is in the first post. i also changed the way of showing the version number - its now just automatically the last building datetime.

Greetings
    knarx

Hi again,

thx for updating. now the program shows the error and then continue with reading the other lines.

i have attached the localization.txt for you, it's from the Ravenhearst Mod. This one makes the error. If you want to check it yourself, you can do this now.

Greetings
    Scomar

P.S. if i want so safe, it says the index is outside the Arrayfield and didn't safe to the file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Scomar; 02-10-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Survivor
    I found the problem:

you have to put the new line ("\n") into the quotations chars like:
    springDesc,items,Item,EnChanged,"Springs are great for making furniture, vault doors, hatches and more.\n [ Crafted in Advanced Workbench. ]",,"Schraubenfedern eignen sich prima dazu, Möbel, Tresortüren, Klappen und mehr zu fertigen.",,

and not like:
    springDesc,items,Item,EnChanged,"Springs are great for making furniture, vault doors, hatches and more."\n [ Crafted in Advanced Workbench. ],,"Schraubenfedern eignen sich prima dazu, Möbel, Tresortüren, Klappen und mehr zu fertigen.",,

The second example cant be read by the translator, because the quatation is over and all following stuff is interpredted as new part but it isnt.

Greetings
    knarox