Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Managers

Tracker
    this is a cool list
    Last edited by Highope; 10-11-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Additional Info on SM Usage

Its also wise to make sure your only running one of these otherwise you can have issues especially if your SMs set to auto connect. CBSM is the best bar far but others do have their help. One SM at a time!
    Last edited by Alloc; 10-28-2016 at 09:33 AM.

Hard to call cbsm the best by far when there is 0 support. Used it for 4 months through multiple minor updates (prior to build 15) and it was only updated once(at the beginning of those 4 months). Most the time the services weren't running and a lot of the features weren't available. Check their forums https://envul.com/forums/cloud-based...al-discussion/ they usually have people asking if its supported anymore there. What's worst is a lot of the features are paid for, so your paying for abandonware.

Some of the other tools aren't as feature rich as cbsm claims to be (no point claiming features if none of it work most the time), but they keep the server up and running. Botman seems to have as much if not more features but its rough to setup, but if he keeps on it as he has and finishes the windows installer, it will be hands down the best tool out there.

There is now a hosted Botman site..... http://www.botmanhosting.com/ Also heare there is a GUI coming for it as well as a windows installer. Looking forward to checking that out.

Rightnow We are still with CBSM but have moved some features (ping, MotD, Broadcast messages) as its not reliable anymore. CBSM still respond to steam chat when I have an issue but not always. I was told he was going to update for a 15 but havnt seen any progress. Last update posted is March 2016. So back to using ServerManger Tools 3.4 (gimme, ping limiter, server messages) and CBSM for vote rewards, GBL

The Windows build isn't my top priority at the moment. Fixing issues, adding more customisations and the web interface are ahead of that.
    The bot can co-exist with CBSM now and I'm adding detection of Server Tools and others so the bot doesn't react wrongly if another manager or tool does something that isn't reported in telnet.

I also have a new modded Mudlet with better support for IRC and no need to hex edit anything. It can be controlled by the bot to do new things such as changing its connection info to 7 Days and to the IRC server. A Docker container for easy deployments is coming too. I hope to get cracking on the web interface next week. When it is sufficiently complete I will release it and continue adding features to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smegzor View Post
    The Windows build isn't my top priority at the moment. Fixing issues, adding more customisations and the web interface are ahead of that.
    The bot can co-exist with CBSM now and I'm adding detection of Server Tools and others so the bot doesn't react wrongly if another manager or tool does something that isn't reported in telnet.

I also have a new modded Mudlet with better support for IRC and no need to hex edit anything. It can be controlled by the bot to do new things such as changing its connection info to 7 Days and to the IRC server. A Docker container for easy deployments is coming too. I hope to get cracking on the web interface next week. When it is sufficiently complete I will release it and continue adding features to it.
    Oh nice. Have been busy and just been doing quick fixes here and there, also have moved to a new host. Will def look back into it as I keep hearing good things about it. And web console would be great as Im hardly ever in-game and have to admin remotely. Again thanks for all the hard work Smegzor.

Refugee
    Any ETA on the Windows build?
    Lots of people run Windows and I was wondering this is ever going to be a thing soon.

Hunter
    I'd make a note on the OP that CBSM may be abandoned...not seeing any activity from the dev.
    Last edited by Alloc; 10-28-2016 at 09:33 AM.

I moved a few posts that are very specifc to a single manager to the manager's own thread. Please try to keep this more for general discussion of managers and if you have issues with a specific one write in the appropriate thread.

Survivor
    are there any new sever manager yet

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowViper View Post
    ... seems to have become abandonware. Hasn't been updated in months, and putting in tickets seems to be a waste of time since no one ever responds, but someone is around to take your money for their charged "services" even if they are broke. This tool had the potential to be the best of them all, but w/o support and upkeep its just a waste.
    hey Viper did you get any resolve on this. Since your comment here and on CBSM I have seen updates?

thanks Ari

Hey rm304 FRT is also available via the northern lan website. though we both know its very limited now for purpose. still good to see all actions in the console view. Which some hackers try to hide.

Anyways if you know FRT or anyone in the thread does, tell him Ill support him with unlimited traffic, a TLD, and cpanel access

there have been recent updates?? Just to keep an eye on I guess

Tracker
    I use botman on my server. I have found it to be the best of the bunch by far.

Shameless plug to my server: drhooligan.ddns.net

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    RAT is just like frt.