Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Managers

I've been using 7DTDRAT to do remote admin stuff, Nice GUI for player lists and kick, ban, give items, check inventory. Almost exactly like FRT. Has everything FRT had with the exception of two features (Arena, and region resets). It has pretty much replaced FRT.

Botman is a very good game admin, But i need a GUI with a player list, admin tools for remote management. Although there is a hosted Botman site now. Not sure if that has a gui for it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rm304 View Post
    Botman is a very good game admin, But i need a GUI with a player list, admin tools for remote management. Although there is a hosted Botman site now. Not sure if that has a gui for it or not.
    It will when I build one xD 2016 has been my busiest year so having time for that is proving tricky.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Updated the OP's post with some info. If anyone has suggestions for notes or tips, post em or PM me. If you find another manager that should be listed, do the same.

There is now a site where you can have botman hosted for your server... https://www.botmanhosting.com/

I was huge fan of CBSM.. Was a paid Subscriber.. Many had issues getting started or getting things to work. The only issues were CBSM would disconnect randomly.

Issue came in late 2016 when support became non-existent. I pulled my subscription, and discontinued use as of 3/1/17. CBSM would spam the server with ads, even after selecting the option to remove ads.

Currently using RAT, however, lacks the features I had with CBSM..

Looking forward to using Botman though.. setup is not easy for people like myself with little knowledge of all steps involved with set up.. Hopefully this will become easier, I hear Many Many good things about Botman..

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Rat's production has slowed down, but I've found that if there are certain features you want implemented then Trekkan is more than happy to put them on the list.

I have a few things from CBSM that I used often...

1) Admin LCB remove- removed all LCB's near me (it can be a pain to remove one at a time with rlp)
    2) Player LCB remove- allowed a player to remove a LCB they had erroneously placed
    3) Teleport
    4) Interval Messages different color
    5) Online map
    6) IP blocks

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    The online map is actually part of Alloc's fixes, and using Alloc's instead of the CBSM hack is WAY better. It's at your console port +2

Pretty sure the LCB commands are Allocs as well.

Yeh, 99% of the stuff CBSM does is due to the mods that you're running. It's just a niftier interface.

I run:

Alloc's
    Coppi's
    Hal's
    Stompy's
    Eek's

...and I'm able to accomplish pretty much anything I want (and more than on most servers) by creating the custom events within RAT. CBSM just has those custom events created for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    The online map is actually part of Alloc's fixes, and using Alloc's instead of the CBSM hack is WAY better. It's at your console port +2

Pretty sure the LCB commands are Allocs as well.
    I'm sure All are Alloc's fixes, just modified. I'll have to look into Allocs mapping, I've tried using before and it would not load all chunks discovered by all players over time (like it would on CBSM).

thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Yeh, 99% of the stuff CBSM does is due to the mods that you're running. It's just a niftier interface.

I run:

Alloc's
    Coppi's
    Hal's
    Stompy's
    Eek's

...and I'm able to accomplish pretty much anything I want (and more than on most servers) by creating the custom events within RAT. CBSM just has those custom events created for you.
    are you able to track player movements on map?

haha, I am one lazy sob, would rather have one SM that handles everything instead of multiple things with who knows about how many setting up is required.. oh well, I was pampered, now not so much, LMAO

CBSM uses the same map, just with ads.

My alloc map loads all chunks discovered by players. There is a default "Reload tiles now" at the bottom, where you can set a timer for faster refresh of the map tiles, and maybe Alanine defaults to that, but it's the same mod.

All server managers do is add a gui method to using existing commands/mods. That's all it can do, without direct file access to your server. Sure, they can also use external databases to add features like zcoins and whatnot, but it's still using the existing game and mods.

Quote Originally Posted by freakii View Post
    are you able to track player movements on map?
    I could, if I wanted to. The player position comes to the server manager via the listplayers command. Here's what a sample output looks like.

Code:
    2017-03-30T21:38:21 190729.260 INF Executing command 'lp' by Telnet from 10.0.0.142:62795
    1. id=94913, Vedui, pos=(493.7, 40.9, -6948.4), rot=(-5.6, 1812.7, 0.0), remote=True, health=93, deaths=1, zombies=16, players=0, score=12, level=6, steamid=<redacted>, ip=<redacted>, ping=256
    Total of 1 in the game
    ...so I could just keep writing the player positions to the database, purging at say, the last 100, thus "tracking" the players movements, then having those positions show up on the map.

What CBSM (and all server managers) offer is "one SM that handles everything" so you can be pampered. Nothing wrong with that, I write my own programs to do the same, but it's important (I find) to understand how it works.

There are other commands (that come from mods) that can give more information. Check this out:

http://bcm.guppycur.com

...you won't find that anywhere else.

Based on THAT, I could reward players who have walked 1000k with running shoes, or who have crafted 1000 items with special gloves, or better yet, send someone with a gamestage of 1000 or more a horde of 50 ferals every day.

The possibilities are there, server managers just take advantage of the data already given.
    Last edited by Guppycur; 04-13-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    I could, if I wanted to. The player position comes to the server manager via the listplayers command. Here's what a sample output looks like.

Code:
    2017-03-30T21:38:21 190729.260 INF Executing command 'lp' by Telnet from 10.0.0.142:62795
    1. id=94913, Vedui, pos=(493.7, 40.9, -6948.4), rot=(-5.6, 1812.7, 0.0), remote=True, health=93, deaths=1, zombies=16, players=0, score=12, level=6, steamid=<redacted>, ip=<redacted>, ping=256
    Total of 1 in the game
    ...so I could just keep writing the player positions to the database, purging at say, the last 100, thus "tracking" the players movements, then having those positions show up on the map.

What CBSM (and all server managers) offer is "one SM that handles everything" so you can be pampered. Nothing wrong with that, I write my own programs to do the same, but it's important (I find) to understand how it works.

There are other commands (that come from mods) that can give more information. Check this out:

http://bcm.guppycur.com

...you won't find that anywhere else.

Based on THAT, I could reward players who have walked 1000k with running shoes, or who have crafted 1000 items with special gloves, or better yet, send someone with a gamestage of 1000 or more a horde of 50 ferals every day.

The possibilities are there, server managers just take advantage of the data already given.
    whoa that link is awesome.. every info needed.. I need to learn what u guys know.. I'm learning as I go.. would be awesome if someone could show me the "ropes"