Thread: Concrete block types and their crafting cost?

Colony Founder

Concrete block types and their crafting cost?

So I just noticed that for a full normal Concrete block, it takes 10 concrete mix to craft. However, for the 1/2 concrete block, 1/4 concrete block, 1/8 concrete block, the cost to craft is also 10 concrete mix.

Would it perhaps be better to reduce their crafting costs down to an appropriate value?

Full Concrete Block - 10 concrete mix
    1/2 Concrete Block - 6 concrete mix
    1/4 Concrete Block - 4 concrete mix
    1/8 Concrete block - 2 concrete mix

I think this would be an appropriate value for the blocks. Did not go with an exact half since it would probably be better to give the impression that it is the most cost beneficial to go with a full block. But at least for those who wish to use the other block versions for various building projects, it would be at an appropriate cost value.

Likewise perhaps for the cost in upgrading to a full reinforced concrete block maybe. The cost to upgrade should mirror it.

Quote Originally Posted by Euzio View Post
    So I just noticed that for a full normal Concrete block, it takes 10 concrete mix to craft. However, for the 1/2 concrete block, 1/4 concrete block, 1/8 concrete block, the cost to craft is also 10 concrete mix.

Would it perhaps be better to reduce their crafting costs down to an appropriate value?

Full Concrete Block - 10 concrete mix
    1/2 Concrete Block - 6 concrete mix
    1/4 Concrete Block - 4 concrete mix
    1/8 Concrete block - 2 concrete mix

I think this would be an appropriate value for the blocks. Did not go with an exact half since it would probably be better to give the impression that it is the most cost beneficial to go with a full block. But at least for those who wish to use the other block versions for various building projects, it would be at an appropriate cost value.

Likewise perhaps for the cost in upgrading to a full reinforced concrete block maybe. The cost to upgrade should mirror it.
    Except then it would be imbalanced. Those blocks might look smaller but they are just as strong as the full concrete block hence why they have the same cost. If one was cheaper people would just use the smaller blocks to block off space as each one takes up 1 "block" of space when used.

It would also throw away all the work that went into unifying the blocks of a certain material so that they all extend from a master block... which is a huge benefit for keeping things working as intended.

In A12/13, every block was a unique snowflake. You had "concrete" blocks that were concrete, stone, brick, and god knows what...

Colony Founder
    Ah that's right. Did not think about the durability of the block itself and its use to block off spaces.

Though I still do think that the crafting cost could be reduced. But perhaps at the expense in that the smaller blocks would be weaker?