Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55

Thread: [XBOX and PS4] Splitscreen Issue

  1. #1
    Awesome Incarnate Clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Navezgane
    Posts
    7,566
    Rep Power
    1

    [XBOX and PS4] Splitscreen Issue

    Hi all,

    A number of people have been having problems with split screen, mostly because there doesn't seem to be a direct prompt for it. Please try the following steps:

    Start Singleplayer
    Plug in / connect second controller
    Sign in as guest or second player on second controller
    Hit start.

    This should have the game pop up in split screen for you.
    If there are further issues please let me know below!

    -Clare

    [UPDATE: The teams are working on a way to make this clearer for everyone in a future update]
    Last edited by Clare; 06-29-2016 at 09:35 AM.

  2. #2
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Online Split screen

    Is there no ability to do online Split screen. Can't seem to get it to work if there is

  3. #3
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Still not working

    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi all,

    A number of people have been having problems with split screen, mostly because there doesn't seem to be a direct prompt for it. Please try the following steps:

    Start Singleplayer
    Plug in / connect second controller
    Sign in as guest or second player on second controller
    Hit start.

    This should have the game pop up in split screen for you.
    If there are further issues please let me know below!

    -Clare

    This still does not work for me I am on a ps4 ? 😫

  4. #4
    Awesome Incarnate Clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Navezgane
    Posts
    7,566
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by aphonsefedime View Post
    Is there no ability to do online Split screen. Can't seem to get it to work if there is
    Do you mean two people on one console playing on a multiplayer map with separate people? I am actually not sure about this. Could you try starting or hosting a multiplayer game then add another person via your second controller?

    Please let me know how you get on. When I'm chatting to the teams later I'll ask them about it too.

    - Clare

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Traceybee89 View Post
    This still does not work for me I am on a ps4 ? ��
    Could you follow the steps again and then tap the Options button on the new controller for me?

  5. #5
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    From the back of the box...

    I hope this is in the correct spot. If not, I apologies admins.

    I'm going to type/quote what is on the back of the box for the game about co-op/split screen play.

    "Cooperate or compete:Two player split screen mode, with support for up to 4 players online, in Player versus Player, co-op survival, or co-op creative modes."

    "Two player split screen mode, with support for up to 4 players online..."

    That tells me that you CAN play split screen online with other people and/or friends. I have tried hosting a MP game(survival and creative) and I am not able to do the split screen option. It does work with the SP option however.

    I bought this game for console(XB1 in my case) strictly for the split screen as my GF doesn't have a PC good enough to play this game. I do like this game, however the inability to play with other people while split screening is kind of a drag.

    I hope something does get straightened out with the description about this. It is quite misleading to some.

    Although I do love the game, this is really the only "gripe" that I have. Besides the random bugs and glitches. Nothing is really game breaking ATM for me. I've had one time where I died and was unable to load back in. Just sat at a black screen for about 15 minutes. So I think 4 hours of work is gone. But it's an EA game(Early Access, not Electronic Arts), still in alpha, so I expect some issues. Regardless, good job Fun Pimps for making a great game, and Iron Galaxy for making a good port. This IMO is like Minecraft on steroids. Keep up the good work. And looking forward to future updates...AI
    Last edited by KingZher0; 06-29-2016 at 01:22 PM. Reason: failed to mention system/console im working with

  6. #6
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KingZher0 View Post
    I hope this is in the correct spot. If not, I apologies admins.

    I'm going to type/quote what is on the back of the box for the game about co-op/split screen play.

    "Cooperate or compete:Two player split screen mode, with support for up to 4 players online, in Player versus Player, co-op survival, or co-op creative modes."

    "Two player split screen mode, with support for up to 4 players online..."

    That tells me that you CAN play split screen online with other people and/or friends. I have tried hosting a MP game(survival and creative) and I am not able to do the split screen option. It does work with the SP option however.

    I bought this game for console(XB1 in my case) strictly for the split screen as my GF doesn't have a PC good enough to play this game. I do like this game, however the inability to play with other people while split screening is kind of a drag.

    I hope something does get straightened out with the description about this. It is quite misleading to some.

    Although I do love the game, this is really the only "gripe" that I have. Besides the random bugs and glitches. Nothing is really game breaking ATM for me. I've had one time where I died and was unable to load back in. Just sat at a black screen for about 15 minutes. So I think 4 hours of work is gone. But it's an EA game(Early Access, not Electronic Arts), still in alpha, so I expect some issues. Regardless, good job Fun Pimps for making a great game, and Iron Galaxy for making a good port. This IMO is like Minecraft on steroids. Keep up the good work. And looking forward to future updates...AI
    I purchased this for the same reason for my PS4. I have it on Steam but wanted to play splitscreen MP with my BF and some friends online. Clarification as to the possibility of this would be great. I also second everything you said about the game and the development. I love this game!!!

  7. #7
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Split-Screen Saving???

    First things first, I LOVE the game. My 2 favorite types of games are open-world and couch co-op. With that being said, you guys really delivered an awesome product that tailors to my game style. Seeing the split-screen option really sealed the deal so I immediately bought it. No regrets. When my roommate got home we went ahead and did the split-screen thing for a few hours because he had fallen in love with the game too. Eventually, we got tired...so we laughed about our gaming addiction and went to bed.

    Then it happened....

    The next day (today), we decide to continue our progress as the two Zombie Killing Amigos taking over the world.

    But to our dismay, once the 2nd player pressed start...ALL CO-OP PROGRESS WAS LOST.

    (I'm player two btw)
    All the weapons, wood, recipes and food I had gathered was lost. Not only that but my skill list was also reset. So now, I'm a level one scrub playing on Day 4 with nothing to my name while my Roommate a.k.a "Player One" thrives with his upgraded skills and weapons. Also, I was not signed in as a guest, but in my own gamertag.

    I was really looking forward to getting to a high day count split-screen bit it doesn't seem possible without both of our progresses being saved.

    PLLLEAAASE can you somehow make it a true CO-OP RPG??? Maybe just have a CO-OP Campaign option instead of a drop-in deal. I'll pay you more money idc

    Xbox One: scrubtonian

  8. #8
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Do you mean two people on one console playing on a multiplayer map with separate people? I am actually not sure about this. Could you try starting or hosting a multiplayer game then add another person via your second controller?

    Please let me know how you get on. When I'm chatting to the teams later I'll ask them about it too.

    - Clare

    - - - Updated - - -



    Could you follow the steps again and then tap the Options button on the new controller for me?
    Yes that is exactly what I mean.

    I wasn't the one trying it since I don't have another controller but my friends are trying on their ps4 and splitscreen will work on single player but won't when going into multiplayer

  9. #9
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Multi-player problems

    Me and 3 other buddies on day 12 absolutely enjoying this game went to adventure when the game froze (its happened before so it was not a big deal) but this time loading in the map it wouldn't load it sat on building environment for over 20 minutes before I gave up. I really do not want to restart and would like to know if anyone else had the same problem?

  10. #10
    Awesome Incarnate Clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Navezgane
    Posts
    7,566
    Rep Power
    1
    Hey guys, I have been told that Split Screen is for local multiplayer only, and isn't available for multiplayer servers online. I understand the back of the box makes it sound like it should be so I will raise that with the guys and let them know.

    Sorry about this.
    Clare

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuyIsMuzz View Post
    Me and 3 other buddies on day 12 absolutely enjoying this game went to adventure when the game froze (its happened before so it was not a big deal) but this time loading in the map it wouldn't load it sat on building environment for over 20 minutes before I gave up. I really do not want to restart and would like to know if anyone else had the same problem?
    Hi Thisguyismuzz,

    Could you start a new thread for you bug? giving me as much info a possible from the guide at the top of the forum.

    Cheers,
    Clare

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by aphonsefedime View Post
    Yes that is exactly what I mean.

    I wasn't the one trying it since I don't have another controller but my friends are trying on their ps4 and splitscreen will work on single player but won't when going into multiplayer
    I have been told split screen is not avail on online multiplayer, only local. Sorry about this.
    Clare

  11. #11
    Awesome Incarnate Clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Navezgane
    Posts
    7,566
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubtonian View Post
    First things first, I LOVE the game. My 2 favorite types of games are open-world and couch co-op. With that being said, you guys really delivered an awesome product that tailors to my game style. Seeing the split-screen option really sealed the deal so I immediately bought it. No regrets. When my roommate got home we went ahead and did the split-screen thing for a few hours because he had fallen in love with the game too. Eventually, we got tired...so we laughed about our gaming addiction and went to bed.

    Then it happened....

    The next day (today), we decide to continue our progress as the two Zombie Killing Amigos taking over the world.

    But to our dismay, once the 2nd player pressed start...ALL CO-OP PROGRESS WAS LOST.

    (I'm player two btw)
    All the weapons, wood, recipes and food I had gathered was lost. Not only that but my skill list was also reset. So now, I'm a level one scrub playing on Day 4 with nothing to my name while my Roommate a.k.a "Player One" thrives with his upgraded skills and weapons. Also, I was not signed in as a guest, but in my own gamertag.

    I was really looking forward to getting to a high day count split-screen bit it doesn't seem possible without both of our progresses being saved.

    PLLLEAAASE can you somehow make it a true CO-OP RPG??? Maybe just have a CO-OP Campaign option instead of a drop-in deal. I'll pay you more money idc

    Xbox One: scrubtonian
    Hi Scrubtonian,

    Could you please start a new thread for your bug using the guidelines in the sticky thread giving me as much information as you possibly can when answering the questions. Before you do though, if Player 1 was playing as Miguel or Clint, it could have caused the save to crash out. Please don't play as these characters for the moment, we know of their bug and are trying to fix it.

    Clare

  12. #12
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Yes. Please ask the guys to support split-screen online.
    Absolutely love the game, but cannot fully enjoy it jumping between games with different inventories to help friends.

  13. #13
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    are we going to be able to play split screen horizontally?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi all,

    A number of people have been having problems with split screen, mostly because there doesn't seem to be a direct prompt for it. Please try the following steps:

    Start Singleplayer
    Plug in / connect second controller
    Sign in as guest or second player on second controller
    Hit start.

    This should have the game pop up in split screen for you.
    If there are further issues please let me know below!

    -Clare

    [UPDATE: The teams are working on a way to make this clearer for everyone in a future update]
    THIS SPLIT SCREEN IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY VERTICALLY ESPECIALLY WHEN ON SMALL'ER SCREENS! PLEASE DO US GAMERS A FAVOR AND GIVE US HORIZONTAL SPLIT SCREEN!!!!!!!
    also the FOV is not good and should be AT LEASED, 80/90 on the FOV scale.
    please fix soon. i live in Australia and me and my brother wonted to play this 50$ game and was simply disappointed by the lack of care for gameplay and overall playability.
    BTW the render distance is ridiculously close please make it more further and if you cant due to graphic problems then, make it an option to tone down the graphics in return for a longer render distance.

    thanks for reading.
    please reply soon.
    Last edited by DomiRobbo; 07-02-2016 at 12:48 AM. Reason: help

  14. #14
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hey guys, I have been told that Split Screen is for local multiplayer only, and isn't available for multiplayer servers online. I understand the back of the box makes it sound like it should be so I will raise that with the guys and let them know.

    Sorry about this.
    Clare

    - - - Updated - - -



    Hi Thisguyismuzz,

    Could you start a new thread for you bug? giving me as much info a possible from the guide at the top of the forum.

    Cheers,
    Clare

    - - - Updated - - -



    I have been told split screen is not avail on online multiplayer, only local. Sorry about this.
    Clare
    How exactly can we play locally with two other people? How would we go about starting a split screen 4 player lan game?
    My roommates and I just want to play together and it's quite misleading that here doesn't seem to be a way to do so, when it was one of the main selling points for a lot of people.
    In other words, me and my brother want to play with my roommate and his lady who are just in the other room. :/

  15. #15
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi Scrubtonian,

    Could you please start a new thread for your bug using the guidelines in the sticky thread giving me as much information as you possibly can when answering the questions. Before you do though, if Player 1 was playing as Miguel or Clint, it could have caused the save to crash out. Please don't play as these characters for the moment, we know of their bug and are trying to fix it.

    Clare
    The back of the box is very misleading...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •