Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [XBOX and PS4] Splitscreen Issue

Sorry all,

I know the back of the box is misleading, I have brought up that issue with the team. Unfortunately split screen is only for two player, and only for local multiplayer. 2-4 multiplayer online requires everyone to have their own copy of the game.

Clare

Refugee

huge bummer...but great game!

My wife & I also got this game based on it having Split-Screen with online multiplayer. We assumed like Borderlands we could play on our 2 Xbox Ones with our two kids IN Split-Screen all 4 of us together. This isn't the case.

Still we just play with each kid in Split-Screen in separate single player sessions. Huge let down...but it is a great game & we hope the Split Screen Online (Combo+CoOp) will be an added feature.
    Last edited by Savage Sully; 07-08-2016 at 09:21 PM.

Refugee

Split screen crafting and character menus

Playing on ps4, my fiance and I can't seem to access any of our menus on split screen.

Refugee

Disfigured faces and splitcreen issue

Splitscreen works for me but it looks horrible. Tools and weapons will float around characters instead of being in their proper place in the hands. I also learned that both players also have glitched faces in the game (Their face looks like it stretched inwards into their heads and you can only see eyeballs). I don't know if I'm the only one with this issue but I'm too afraid to uninstall/reinstall on my Xbox One because of all the progress I made. Help!

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by XxAxyllxX View Post
    Playing on ps4, my fiance and I can't seem to access any of our menus on split screen.
    My daughter and I bought the PS4 version specifically to play split-screen on 1 console. After we figured out how to activate split-screen (not really rocket science), we discovered we had zero access to a backpack. Please can you explain how you are supposed to play with split-screen if neither player can access their backpack ???

I maybe know how to fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubtonian View Post
    First things first, I LOVE the game. My 2 favorite types of games are open-world and couch co-op. With that being said, you guys really delivered an awesome product that tailors to my game style. Seeing the split-screen option really sealed the deal so I immediately bought it. No regrets. When my roommate got home we went ahead and did the split-screen thing for a few hours because he had fallen in love with the game too. Eventually, we got tired...so we laughed about our gaming addiction and went to bed.

Then it happened....

The next day (today), we decide to continue our progress as the two Zombie Killing Amigos taking over the world.

But to our dismay, once the 2nd player pressed start...ALL CO-OP PROGRESS WAS LOST.

(I'm player two btw)
    All the weapons, wood, recipes and food I had gathered was lost. Not only that but my skill list was also reset. So now, I'm a level one scrub playing on Day 4 with nothing to my name while my Roommate a.k.a "Player One" thrives with his upgraded skills and weapons. Also, I was not signed in as a guest, but in my own gamertag.

I was really looking forward to getting to a high day count split-screen bit it doesn't seem possible without both of our progresses being saved.

PLLLEAAASE can you somehow make it a true CO-OP RPG??? Maybe just have a CO-OP Campaign option instead of a drop-in deal. I'll pay you more money idc

Xbox One: scrubtonian
    I am guessing that you played that session as guest on that console. If so thats the problem. This far it seems that guest players are not saved. If you dont want to lose your progress you have to create a new account on the console and use this secondary account when playing on split screen. Worked for me and my buddy on X-box.

Hi all,

To clarify for those who may not have seen it around the Forum, Menus are not brought up via the "view" button on Console in splitscreen instead you need to double tap X / Square for quick access to the crafting menu, or hold X / Square and choose your menu using the left stick.

Clare

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi all,

To clarify for those who may not have seen it around the Forum, Menus are not brought up via the "view" button on Console in splitscreen instead you need to double tap X / Square for quick access to the crafting menu, or hold X / Square and choose your menu using the left stick.

Clare
    LOL??? nice to know. i go to the menus by the second option because i thought one time X like in the single player does not work as it should because of micro lags. (our game is always lagging during autosaving or when we both are looting or going into craftingmenu at the same time)

Some other thing we noticed: Sometimes when we start the game from Main menu after loding it snows in the world even in the desert for the time until the other player loded. than it quickly returns to normal biome.

Scavenger
    Do you mean two people on one console playing on a multiplayer map with separate people? I am actually not sure about this. Could you try starting or hosting a multiplayer game then add another person via your second controller?

Please let me know how you get on. When I'm chatting to the teams later I'll ask them about it too.
    Does this mean we should be able to play split-screen online with friends? Excitement pending....

--UPDATED--

Would split-screen online functionality possibly be in a future update even if it wasn't initially intended? Like you said the back of the box is misleading therefore it wouldn't change anything. And it wouldn't be misleading haha. :P
    Last edited by RazzLn; 07-26-2016 at 02:18 PM. Reason: More information found.

Refugee

Split screen building environment

On Xbox one I am able to log in fine but when player 2 attempts to join they are stuck on the building environment load screen. Everything was working fine yesterday now today stuck. I have changed characters on both player 1 and 2 still no luck. Help.

-edit, this is a survival so game, also I have a second survival so game that we can both get into just fine.
    Last edited by Cwick; 07-30-2016 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Additional info

Refugee

Marking both players on compus

Is there a way to mark each other in split screen without opening the map all the time? My buddy get lost as do I.
    Last edited by lolabunny5891; 08-01-2016 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Title

Refugee

Player 2 not getting Trophys.

Been playing the game split-screen whit a friend. One thing we have noticed. Only player 1 gets Trophy's. Player two do not. There are no reason for player two to not get trophy's, and should be possible. (Both players, when playing Rocket League get their trophy's when playing split-screen, and yes, both have to earn it separately).

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokkun View Post
    Been playing the game split-screen whit a friend. One thing we have noticed. Only player 1 gets Trophy's. Player two do not. There are no reason for player two to not get trophy's, and should be possible. (Both players, when playing Rocket League get their trophy's when playing split-screen, and yes, both have to earn it separately).
    Yea, that would also be a nice feature to add.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaris_cloud View Post
    How exactly can we play locally with two other people? How would we go about starting a split screen 4 player lan game?
    My roommates and I just want to play together and it's quite misleading that here doesn't seem to be a way to do so, when it was one of the main selling points for a lot of people.
    In other words, me and my brother want to play with my roommate and his lady who are just in the other room. :/
    you start the game then while in game you pretty start on the second controller iam guessing you never try that

Refugee

Thank you

Hi all,

Clare
    This will please my daughter, as she thought this was an excellent game but wanted to play in 2 player mode.