Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [XBOX and PS4] Splitscreen Issue

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by DomiRobbo View Post
    THIS SPLIT SCREEN IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY VERTICALLY ESPECIALLY WHEN ON SMALL'ER SCREENS! PLEASE DO US GAMERS A FAVOR AND GIVE US HORIZONTAL SPLIT SCREEN!!!!!!!
    also the FOV is not good and should be AT LEASED, 80/90 on the FOV scale.
    please fix soon. i live in Australia and me and my brother wonted to play this 50$ game and was simply disappointed by the lack of care for gameplay and overall playability.
    BTW the render distance is ridiculously close please make it more further and if you cant due to graphic problems then, make it an option to tone down the graphics in return for a longer render distance.

thanks for reading.
    please reply soon.
    There's a reason why they don't add, and probably won't add, horizontal split screen. Pretty much all NEW TV's sold today are widescreen tv's. You know how small the menu is on splitscreen already? Now let's take a look at something. When you split an already wide screen in half you get a portrait orientation rectangle that is almost square. For the sake of argument let's say the screen width is 30" wide by 20" tall which would make the size about 15" wide by 20" tall for each player. They have 20" in height and 15" width to work with for opening menu's. Let's take this same concept and turn it around to horizontal split screen. So the screen size was 30" wide and 20" tall. If we cut it in half for split screen horizontal then we have 2 sections that are 10" tall by 30" wide. So now we're having to make the menus EVEN SMALLER to fit the menu in the player's screen. Yeah sure you get a wider field of view but are you really willing to give up being able to read the menu in order to get a wider field of view?

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by zedd2006 View Post
    There's a reason why they don't add, and probably won't add, horizontal split screen. Pretty much all NEW TV's sold today are widescreen tv's. You know how small the menu is on splitscreen already? Now let's take a look at something. When you split an already wide screen in half you get a portrait orientation rectangle that is almost square. For the sake of argument let's say the screen width is 30" wide by 20" tall which would make the size about 15" wide by 20" tall for each player. They have 20" in height and 15" width to work with for opening menu's. Let's take this same concept and turn it around to horizontal split screen. So the screen size was 30" wide and 20" tall. If we cut it in half for split screen horizontal then we have 2 sections that are 10" tall by 30" wide. So now we're having to make the menus EVEN SMALLER to fit the menu in the player's screen. Yeah sure you get a wider field of view but are you really willing to give up being able to read the menu in order to get a wider field of view?
    I agree, it anoys me that more games don't do vertical split screens (although a choice would be amazing).

Also split screens online would be awesome regardless of them not being intended, one for the future maybe.

Refugee

Ps4 split screen

I have check all my updates and there good, Internet connection isn't very good but i dont play online and I play random gen.

I've also backed up and restored the ps4.

Me and my buddy been playing as much as we can since the games come out so hope this post helps.

In our map before the patch we went 200 something days and build our base from the ground up and made a big mine below. We had tons of supplies and multiple mini bikes we couldnt use do to the crash bug. Ive notice the more we adventure the more it lagged and horde night became more laggy week by week. The dead bodies wouldnt show up if you was close and you couldnt place blocks. After our latest horde we decided to adventure till we couldnt carry. Once we got our inventory full we started to head back to the fort. We get half way home in a new area then it crashed. I go back into the game and ever 10 seconds it crashes. Even after patch 3. The enemies around are also different everytime i log in.

I hope this helps and keep up the good work.

Refugee

Can't Open Character Menu in Local

I've had seven days to die on ps4 for a while now and I absolutely love the game. Recently though I have tried to play against a friend in local split screen, but once the second player joins the character menu tab disappears and I can't turn on friendly fire why is this happening? is this happening to enybody else?

Refugee

Multiple Issues

Hello, my girlfriend and I are loving the game, but have been disappointed with multiple issues within the game. One being random crashes. I see you have fixed many but there is still more work to do there. Another issue is the food and water deplenishing doesn't seem to be working consistantly. Recently since playing, you can eat and drink till full, and then suddenly less than 10 minutes later with 5/5 in the survivor perk, you can be at 0% fed and starving. I know this shouldn't be the case. And usually it depletes slowly but this is just suddenly going to zero for food and water at the same time, very strange. Making the game unplayable as we constantly have to eat and drink and gather resources to do so. We love the game and the concept, keep up the good work, you can turn this game from good to great.

Refugee

Bugs

Hey im on ps4
    Playing navezgane
    Day 9
    My game has now started glitching an awful lot
    Im no longer able to attack zombies or have them attack me.
    I also have my miners hat light stuck on while my 2player has theirs stuck off.
    Ive also been getting stuck in menues which stops my partner frpm going into her crafting or picking up.

Refugee
    the issue is that theirs no horizontal splitscreen... plz feed us.

-Dom

Refugee
    yes...
    thanks for the reply but i really can't see it not working with the way some games are having the screen adjustment.

from the words of todd howard.
    "All of this, JUST WORKS!"

Refugee

Fog of war

Anytime I play on splitscreen my fog of war resets[Player 1] and I get player 2s fog of war. It doesn't matter if I am on random gen map or Naz. This is a big issue since I'm the one usually exploring and getting supplys while she stays and fortifys base. Also is there any update on supporting online splitscreen.

Also on the Xbox one.

Refugee

split screen losses

Me and my wife have bought the game the night it was released and played it all the time. We have started about 10+ maps averaging to about day 50 for each one before it becomes corrupt and unplayable. They have all been split screen except that we each have a single player game we play alone but have not gotten far into those since we always play together. So those have not had a chance to crash. We love the game and knew we would from the videos we had watched prior to console release. ( We had just got into minecraft about 2 years ago and other craft or survival games.) We gave the first few crashes the benefit of the doubt with it being a fresh release. (an incomplete one at that) I know some crashes have been fixed, we waited to use minibikes for we heard it would ruin the game until the recent updates, but no matter what we do the game always becomes unplayable past a certain point. We have not made it to day 100 on any game, but usually get to day 60-80 before it crashes on every load. With a 50 minute day span, it's extremely frustrating to put 50 or more hours into a single map and then lose everything you have been exploring/gathering/accomplishing. We have tried to work with the game issues the best we can, making sure player 2 is the "explorer" b/c we know that is the only map we have when we reload the game, etc. I love the game, graphics are fine with me (better than minecraft for example) and they appear to have been improving with the updates, but I just wish we could've kept everything we worked so hard for. (On multiple occasions) with only able to have 4 maps per user we have a few we're holding on to in case a patch will one day make them playable again. But we have deleted probably 200+ hours of work in total to make room for a new game that we could actually play. I can even adjust to the 1-2 sec lag that occurs quite often, even though my wife gets quite annoyed with it, as long as it would not corrupt completely. Even an occasional crash I can understand as a newer game, but it's been on PC since 2013 I believe. And the first crash usually happens after the first blood moon. (Day 8 or so) then exponentially increases in the frequencies of crashes the more we play. May occur on day 8 then 13 then 16, 17, etc until by day 50 or 60, you can not even play 5 minutes without a crash. Sometimes it starts sooner or later than on other maps. I might have had a game last to day 20 something before crashing but once it starts it only gets worse. I have been sending the error report with each crash hoping to make the game better. It's an amazing game concept, right up our alley, but the game doesn't really work long term. And I was hoping to find tips on this forum. For example, maybe just not exploring the map in a random map outside of the central town once you get there. It seems like the more you explore the more it crashes, but of course the longer you play the more you would have explored. If so maybe they should lower the radiation zone down to 1500 from center to keep less map available period. Anyways, I want to keep playing but I guess I will have to set the game aside until it's fixed. It's way too frustrating to lose the time you've put into the maps over and over. I'm honestly surprised it was released in this state with any of the developers putting there name on it. I'm sure there had to have been some testing done and I don't know how they could have released it with a good conscious. Once again I obviously LOVE THIS GAME, I can't wait until it works!

Refugee

additionally

We have been playing on ps4 btw if that helps anything. Although I don't think that would make a difference from what I've been reading.

Refugee

Couch coop issue

Lately in split screen while casually playing or running it will respawn you in the game like you just turned it on. If you are underground or in a cave it will spawn you above the hole causing you to fall and injur yourself.

Also in split screen my coop partner has a male character and sounds like a women we have tried selecting different characters and nothing seems to fix it.

Refugee

Splitscreen discrepancy

Seriously? I'm sorry if I come of as rude but horizontal splitscreen is the standard preferred method of splitscreen in modern gaming, and after being asked across numerous threads and by many different gamers, requesting this basic feature, we have been met with a Stern "no". If the visibility suffers, why not include a field of view slider in the options menu? If the gui doesn't work, why don't you just design a new one? I love the concept of this game, but I feel as though all it requires is a few minor tweets to the handling, and a HORIZONTAL splitscreen option, even if it's awful it's what your fans want, and it's not much to ask for if you consider the long list of other requests some of which are completely outrages. My wife and I would play this game every day, but without a horizontal splitscreen it seems as though I am better off trading it in fit a cheap dynasty warriors knock off.... sorry, but I wanted to be honost.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceybee89 View Post
    This still does not work for me I am on a ps4 ? 😫
    Not sure if this has already been answered but, sign in on the main account for Player one. Have them open your guys game. Once player one is loaded and in the game, player two (make sure your controller is on and signed into an account) press options and then pick the character you've been playing with, or select one if you have just started. I don't know why it always prompts player two to character select but it does and I am actually not sure if you can switch between different people if you already have an established game under one, I have personally been too scared to try to change my character.

I can confirm an Splitscreen Bug fixed, that is not described in the Patchnotes:

Since the newest update quests are shown in split screen Games. Before they were only visible in the quest screen via menu.