Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [XBOX and PS4] Checking your Patch

[XBOX and PS4] Checking your Patch

Hi all,

The teams have suggested we get everyone having trouble to check their patch and make sure that everyone got the first patch issued. Especially PS4 as the PSN went down a short while before launch - the guys are looking into this.

For XBOX

1) From the Home screen, proceed to My Games and Apps
    2) Select the 7 Days to Die icon
    3) Press the following buttons at the same time
    LB+RB+View Button (Formerly known as the BACK button)
    4)You should now see the version number. Below are the current version numbers for 7DTD XB1.

Base Game: 1.0.0.1
    First Patch: 1.0.1.0
    Latest Patch: 1.0.2.0
    Patch 2: 1.0.3.0

For PS4

I think the best way is to go to Notifications > Downloads and check if your system downloaded it when it downloaded the game. (If someone knows a better way please tell me)
    It should give you the same numbers.

You should make sure you're on number 1.03 which is the most up to date version

If you have any questions I'll try to answer below if I can, but if XBOX and PS4 users who might know the consoles better than me want to chime in please do.

Cheers,
    Clare
    Last edited by Clare; 08-13-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Refugee
    On ps4, users can press start on the 7 days to die app logo and go to "update history" to check their version of the game. My version is at 1.01 not 1.0.1, but I never saw it download anything, nor is there any notification that any update was downloaded/installed.
    Last edited by Thatoneguy; 06-29-2016 at 03:15 PM.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatoneguy View Post
    On ps4, users can press start on the 7 days to die app logo and go to "update history" to check their version of the game. My version is at 1.01 not 1.0.1, but I never saw it download anything, nor is there any notification that any update was downloaded/installed.
    Same here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thatoneguy View Post
    Me too I didn't find the update

Quote Originally Posted by End__boys View Post
    Same here

- - - Updated - - -

Me too I didn't find the update
    Thanks for letting me know guys, the way the update code is displayed on the PS4 might be different, I will check for you when chatting to the guys
    -Clare

PS4 Patch number is 1.01, and if you have the patch it will display it as such.

Refugee
    Xbox one user here experiencing loading Environment screen stuck. First patch is exactly what you stated above.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    PS4 Patch number is 1.01, and if you have the patch it will display it as such.
    Has it been released? If not when can the console users expect this patch?

Refugee

How Frequently Are Patches Released?

I was just wondering how frequent patches are going to be released...

This game has so many bugs in it and isn't fully up to standards in a gaming community. Especially if it's coming to consoles. I just think the game is unfinished.

I think your method for checking the version number is a bit outdate on the Xbox One.

Same method as before, but press LB+RB+View will bring you the the game stats page which will show you the game's version.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by insanekiller8162 View Post
    I was just wondering how frequent patches are going to be released...

This game has so many bugs in it and isn't fully up to standards in a gaming community. Especially if it's coming to consoles. I just think the game is unfinished.
    It is unfinished, the game is still in alpha on pc. It is safe to assume we are playing in the same alpha builds. There will be bugs.

Refugee
    So what does this patch do?

This patch was the first one issued with the game, it should have downloaded with the game and that's why your game should read as the current version. For the people who bought a disk the patch helps close the game between the production of the disk and the install day where some issues may have been addressed already.

I don't have the specifics of that patch I'm afraid.

Clare

Refugee
    The game is not an alpha it was sold as a completely finished game.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by PeekabooSquish View Post
    Exactly it would have been one thing if this was advertised as a alpha I don't think people would be this mad. The problem is they made it seem like this was a final copy prior to release now with all the bugs they claim the game is still in the works. Smh way to go fun pimps on your debut!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PeekabooSquish View Post
    Exactly it would have been one thing if this was advertised as a alpha I don't think people would be this mad. The problem is they made it seem like this was a final copy prior to release now with all the bugs they claim the game is still in the works. Smh way to go fun pimps on your debut!

- - - Updated - - -

This patch was the first one issued with the game, it should have downloaded with the game and that's why your game should read as the current version. For the people who bought a disk the patch helps close the game between the production of the disk and the install day where some issues may have been addressed already.

I don't have the specifics of that patch I'm afraid.

Clare
    How don't we have a list of patch notes? Don't all games including the ones you can get on your phone include patch notes typically? Your company really needs to get with the program.

Refugee
    Hi all,

The teams have suggested we get everyone having trouble to check their patch and make sure that everyone got the first patch issued. Especially PS4 as the PSN went down a short while before launch - the guys are looking into this.

For XBOX

1) From the Home screen, proceed to My Games and Apps
    2) Select the 7 Days to Die icon
    3) Press the following buttons at the same time
    LT+RT+View Button (Formerly known as the BACK button)
    4)You should now see the version number. Below are the current version numbers for 7DTD XB1.

Base Game: 1.0.0.1
    First Patch: 1.0.1.0

For PS4

I think the best way is to go to Notifications > Downloads and check if your system downloaded it when it downloaded the game. (If someone knows a better way please tell me)
    It should give you the same numbers.

You should make sure you're on number 1.01 which is the most up to date version

If you have any questions I'll try to answer below if I can, but if XBOX and PS4 users who might know the consoles better than me want to chime in please do.

Cheers,
    Clare
    Hey, change the RT/LT to RB/LB, Right Trigger and Left Trigger do nothing for me. But the Bumpers do which are the buttons above the triggers. Xbox One
    Last edited by AlphaLight; 07-05-2016 at 04:56 PM.