Thread: PS4 (digital copy) cannot play online with friends

Refugee

PS4 (digital copy) cannot play online with friends

I hope it's ok that I post here, but the issue I'm having seems to be happening to others and is mentioned by others in the forum and so I feel justified to post here.
    When I try to join a friend's multiplayer (both private and public) I will get disconnected from the server in under one minute. My friend has them same issue when he tries to connect to mine.
    We have tried both map modes, switching characters, and changing the rule sets, but the issue remains.
    We are still able to join random people's servers just not each others'.
    I pre ordered the game but he didn't, maybe that's relevant.

One pattern I have noticed is that many people reporting this issue have digital copies of the game, I don't know if that's the case with everyone or if that makes a difference but it's worth noting.

It would be great if someone from the 7dtd team could acknowledge this issue. I really like this game and I know you all want it to be all you promised and all you can make it, so I hope this helps.

If you are having this issue please replay to this thread so it will be noticed, also it would probably help if you say what kind of game (digital or hard copy) you are using. I really want to play with my friends and I'm sure you all do too so let's get this noticed and give them support as they fix this for us!

I am running version 1.01 on PS4
    Last edited by bobbybaconhat; 07-05-2016 at 03:27 AM. Reason: update version info

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbybaconhat View Post
    I hope it's ok that I post here, but the issue I'm having seems to be happening to others and is mentioned by others in the forum and so I feel justified to post here.
    When I try to join a friend's multiplayer (both private and public) I will get disconnected from the server in under one minute. My friend has them same issue when he tries to connect to mine.
    We have tried both map modes, switching characters, and changing the rule sets, but the issue remains.
    We are still able to join random people's servers just not each others'.
    I pre ordered the game but he didn't, maybe that's relevant.

One pattern I have noticed is that many people reporting this issue have digital copies of the game, I don't know if that's the case with everyone or if that makes a difference but it's worth noting.

It would be great if someone from the 7dtd team could acknowledge this issue. I really like this game and I know you all want it to be all you promised and all you can make it, so I hope this helps.

If you are having this issue please replay to this thread so it will be noticed, also it would probably help if you say what kind of game (digital or hard copy) you are using. I really want to play with my friends and I'm sure you all do too so let's get this noticed and give them support as they fix this for us!

I'm glad that this issue finally got moved to the confirmed group, as i've been waiting for the 7DTD team to notice that their are issues with multiplayer connections

Refugee
    I have the same problem. My friends and I all have tried hosting private games. Everybody gets disconnected constantly. Sometimes it is 2 minutes after joining. Sometimes it is 5, 10 or 30. The fact is we are always having people disconnected regularly. We are all using the digital version also.

Refugee
    Same problem here. Hope we all get a fix soon!

Refugee

Same issue on xbox one

It will lag up really bad the not let anyone load. Tried all the change skins and everything. Really wish this would get fixed. We bought a digital copy for everyone in the house to play.... that $30 x 5 xbox ones.... that's a lot of money for them not to update and fix this stuff.

Scavenger
    Happening constantly here on the ps4. I understand there will be bugs etc but this is ridiculous now. Multiple corrupted worlds one of which was day 17

Refugee

This seems to be the case agreed

I have run into this issue as well. I was playing my friend earlier today for the first time and he was fine we played for 40 minutes but then he got kicked. I invited him back but the gaps between getting kicked got shorter and shorter and shorter to the point where the second he would join he would get kicked straight back out. I did not have this problem when I was playing with a random person but soon as we are playing in private it just does not like it at all. we are using the digital edition to btw.

Refugee
    Posted this in someone else thread and thought I could paste it here aswell, hope you don't mind.

Yeah I hear what your saying. My friend and I are loving this game, but sometimes (not all the time) I can't get in his game or when I do it's only for 20-30 seconds or so. Same problem when my mate tries to join my game, if he even gets in at all. This becomes very frustrating.
    As for the lag/skipping frame issue, I think thats when the game is doing a quick save. But don't quote me on that, I could be wrong. It just seems to have the save logo on the top right corner every time it does this. Really annoying when your building on an edge and it skips, then you fall and break your leg and even die.
    It's clear that this game has it's problems on consoles, which is no surprise as the PC version aswell has had a ♥♥♥♥ tonne of patches and fixes.
    I'm just hoping that the devs are aware of these and can fix them A.S.A.P. I could see myself and friends losing hours and hours in this game because it's ssooooo damn addictive for some reason.

By the way we are on the digital version.

Refugee

Help please

Is it just the do version? Does the disc version have the online issues in multiplayer?
    Please let me know ill go get the disc now if that's the case

Refugee
    Same here with my friend, we both have digital copies. We've been playing for a couple weeks now with minimal issues but the last couple of days it's impossible to play more than a few minutes before I get disconnected (he's hosting). It's extremely frustrating as we both love the game but are getting fed up and I'm almost done with the game entirely.

They need fix this ♥♥♥♥, asap!

Refugee

& Seriously.

Has there been any word on when they may be fixing it? This is a lil much I actually paid for my friends copy so we could play together and we can't.....

Refugee

why did I buy digital

Quote Originally Posted by Fixitman View Post
    Has there been any word on when they may be fixing it? This is a lil much I actually paid for my friends copy so we could play together and we can't.....
    Just got the game. Already wish I did not buy it. It kicks me offline every 10 minutes or so if I try to do multiplayer. Very disappointed the more I read about the game. I find more and more negative comments about the game for console. Apparently the ps4 and xbox version is an older version of the pc game which itself is still in Alfa Stages Ive read.

Im pissed we don't have character customization, theres no online manula I can find and the crashing. I can dead with horrible ps1 graphics on a ps4 console if the game didn't disconnect every time I finnaly find a gun....

This digital copy is bunk as of atm due to multiplayer disconnecting. Guess Ill be playn gta dressed as a zombie till a beter update fixes this issue. and if it don't get fixed I will definatly NOT recommend this broken game...

Refugee
    I'm having similar issues on the ps4, hard copy. Before the update I disconnected in random variables, sometimes I could play up to 2 hours without disconnecting, sometimes I would get disconnected several times after re-joining after around 40 seconds of gameplay, sometimes I'd disconnect several times before I could even join. After the update I'd disconnect immediately after trying to join. every time. Once even my whole inventory was wiped. I can't wait until this issue is fixed, as it's just a perfect game for multiplayer, so mouldable, you can do whatever you want.

Refugee
    I too am getting the same problem as well as my friends. I've got the digital copy and without the newest update I could play with my friends all day everyday no problem and since the latest update has been released almost immediately we couldn't join... Seems this update is for the worse rather than for the better so far :/ Hope to get a response about when this will get fixed please.

Hi all,

Sorry I am late in chiming into this post. This is an issue the team are aware of and are working on getting a fix out for.

In future, please use the format in the guide https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...BEFORE-posting when reporting issues, thank you.

Clare