Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [XBOX and PS4] Overheating thread

Post [XBOX and PS4] Overheating thread

So over heating is part of the game BUT overheating to the point where it makes game play almost impossible is not.

I'm here to establish a baseline for you guys so we can figure out what is happening and how any values might need to be changed.

Every Biome has a different temp, as well as the higher you are and the lower you are, mountains and valleys basically, like the real world.

Here are examples on how to control your Temp...

* Wearing clothing that has a negative insulation value will cool down the player and is desirable for hot weather survival. F.E. the cowboy hats, plant fiber hats and all bandannas keep the player cooler in the desert.

* Wearing clothing that has a positive insulation value will warm the player and is desirable for cold weather survival.

* Getting wet by moving through lakes, rain, or snow will make the player wet and colder when he's cold and cool the player down when he's hot.

* Activity that uses stamina, like running or swinging a pickaxe, will warm up the player.

* Standing near a campfire or forge that is burning will warm up the player.

* All clothing will have a waterproof % capping how wet the player can get.

* Going indoors will warm you when you're cold and cool you when you are hot.

* Exposure to direct sunlight will warm, and shade will cool, the player.

* Some foods and drinks have temporary core temp warming or cooling properties. F.E. drinking coffee warms you while water and goldenrod tea will cool you.

* Wind speed can also cool the player down and will be seen in the new map screen under map stats.

Now, with this all being said, a lot of people are having issues with overheating anyway. So, screenshots at the ready if you can, I need all the details of your over heating, what does work (even if only a little) and what doesn't. Cold biomes seem to be where it is most obvious, but I want to see what all of ye are experiencing so I can report it to the teams. It may be the case that some values need to be fiddled with etc.

Also how long does it take you to overheat? as actions can cause this, but if you're jumping in degrees in the snow because you picked up a rock or crafted an axe, we probably have an issue.

So let me know whats up with your characters. Oh also, is it character specific? are you finding it with certain characters more than others? etc.

Thanks all for you time,
    Clare

Just checking

I would like to ask something before I submit it as a bug. When my Characters temperature raises and I go into some water to cool off it seems like I have to go underwater to cool down. This makes it to where I have to come up for air then back down to continue cooling off. Is this normal or should jus standing in the water cool me off? Maybe I didnt wait long enough. It's not game breaking and I know theres a lot more important things as I've been reading but I was jus curious about this.

Refugee

Exclamation Overheating Instantly

So let me walk you through my experience with overheating. Firstly i am going to begin by dying .
    - respawn
    -open menu to take a look at my character
    -See that core temp is already increasing quite rapidly
    - think" oh its just adjusting for normalized body temp."(not sure if actual game mechanic)
    - Go about business
    - went exploring (weather was overcast , forest biome outside of a national park)
    activities included exploring ruins for supplies looking through things like trash cans , lockers, coolers, sinks, toilets; nothing overly exhausting that could have led to me becoming over exhausted/heated. Important to note that my movement was split at around 50/50 sprint to walk .
    - give or take a real time minute or maybe two , i received a pop up stating that i was getting over heated and needed to rest - ok i thought thats fine , start heading back to base and honestly could not have taken more than maybe 100 steps or so when the heat stroke 1 popped up.
    - Moments later the second one came up as well.
    -returned to base camp removed all of my characters clothing and had some water despite the % being well over 80.
    - For a moment or two things started to normalize down from the 129/131 temp i was previously at.
    - the core temp made it down to about 112 then started to fluctuate between phase one heat stroke and phase two .
    - at this point i went outside where it was raining to assist in the cool down . This alleviated a degree or two but then the temperature began to climb again .
    - I kept climbing until eventually my health degraded and i died .
    - i thought this must have been some sort of temp glitch , but 4 or 5 lives later it continued .
    - I think its important to note that this issue on arose after my first in game death at about an hour in . Up till that point i had uninterrupted game play.

So please fix asap in addition to loading saved games and the game will at least be playable until the rest of the bugs are fixed .

thanks

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by xPATRIOTx View Post
    So let me walk you through my experience with overheating. Firstly i am going to begin by dying .
    - respawn
    -open menu to take a look at my character
    -See that core temp is already increasing quite rapidly
    - think" oh its just adjusting for normalized body temp."(not sure if actual game mechanic)
    - Go about business
    - went exploring (weather was overcast , forest biome outside of a national park)
    activities included exploring ruins for supplies looking through things like trash cans , lockers, coolers, sinks, toilets; nothing overly exhausting that could have led to me becoming over exhausted/heated. Important to note that my movement was split at around 50/50 sprint to walk .
    - give or take a real time minute or maybe two , i received a pop up stating that i was getting over heated and needed to rest - ok i thought thats fine , start heading back to base and honestly could not have taken more than maybe 100 steps or so when the heat stroke 1 popped up.
    - Moments later the second one came up as well.
    -returned to base camp removed all of my characters clothing and had some water despite the % being well over 80.
    - For a moment or two things started to normalize down from the 129/131 temp i was previously at.
    - the core temp made it down to about 112 then started to fluctuate between phase one heat stroke and phase two .
    - at this point i went outside where it was raining to assist in the cool down . This alleviated a degree or two but then the temperature began to climb again .
    - I kept climbing until eventually my health degraded and i died .
    - i thought this must have been some sort of temp glitch , but 4 or 5 lives later it continued .
    - I think its important to note that this issue on arose after my first in game death at about an hour in . Up till that point i had uninterrupted game play.

So please fix asap in addition to loading saved games and the game will at least be playable until the rest of the bugs are fixed .

thanks
    Thats been my experience as well.
    Standing in the rain doesn't seem to help, even with just underwear on.

Jumping into water doesn't always work, sometimes you have to swim down as far as you can before you even see a temp decrease. Heck ive seen where my temps has increased up past 125 degrees F while in water and died regardless how far down I went.

And this was with drinking some Yucca juice and leveled off at 100% hydration from 90% hydration level.

All this was when wearing clothing that had a cooling effect.

Everything having to do with body heat needs looked into because something is a bit messed up.

Same here. Clothes seems like they help at first sometimes (bandana, hat) but then even when I go inside it takes awhile to come down. Does having a busted out window high up let the heat in? I was in the desert in a little cabin and there was windows higher up. I wonder if all windows need to be sealed off somehow to keep heat out. Although I read somewhere that just shade is supposed to lower ur temp. I contracted the zombie virus after gettin hit jus a few times so I rage deleted that world lol. (Nothing wrong with the game, jus decided to start over fresh cause I was tired) I am still wondering if it's normal to have to go underwater to cool off or is wading in the water supposed to do it? Also, I had a thought. Does tunneling underground cool you off? Maybe thatd help the ones with bad heat problems. Not a permanent fix of course.

Refugee

Was enjoying the game until...

I was boiling water on the second day in front of a campfire in the pouring rain. My biome was the one where there are burning logs everywhere. I began to overheat and wasn't sure what to do. I stepped away from the fire and went into a cabin nearby it did have a hole in the roof but only one square. It didn't help. My heat kept rising and I soon became dehydrated so I went back to the fire and drank the 6 bottles of water I had made. This barely raised my thrist meter and did nothing to stop the heat exhaustion. I then made my way over to a nearby lake but even submerged my heat was barely decreasing and everytime I came up for air it quickly shot back up to where it was which was around 128F. If this is working as intended it's a bit much that standing in water and rain don't help. Honestly how someone can overheat during and overcast pouring rain storm, anywhere but the surface of Venus is beyond me.

Some biomes (desert, burnt biomes etc.) are far harder to manage your heat in and are not the best places to live without the right gear.
    Weather survival is still a work in progress really for the pc version.

Yes, it's a big problem. I had it too like the other posters said above me.

I also overheated while I was wet which should normaly make my character going down in temprature.

Here is a picture

Last edited by xiiMaRcLeoN; 07-02-2016 at 01:55 PM.

Refugee
    over heating hasn't been a issue for me or the guys I play with for quite some time now. yucca juice or red tea will help with that and don't build a base in a hot bio.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by xiiMaRcLeoN View Post
    Yes, it's a big problem. I had it too like the other posters said above me.

Here is a picture

my inv looks just about the same as yours, naked except for the helmet but still rising temperature

Refugee
    take off the helm to a good portion of the mechanic runs off of head gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Seperate Titan View Post
    take off the helm to a good portion of the mechanic runs off of head gear.
    It still shouldn't happen because it's raining and I'm wet. Also I only weart the mining helmet nothing else.

Survivor
    It just keeps happening. No matter where I am or what I'm doing. It makes it so I can't really even play anymore. I was fine until the rain started.

Refugee

Overheating

Agreed overheating is a problem, Im overheating standing on rain.
    How is that even posible at 20o'clock
    I supose that is a bug that should fix.