Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [XBOX and PS4] Overheating thread

Scavenger
    As an experienced player, I started on console and feel it no different than the PC version, I'll admit rain and water don't seem to decrease temp, in fact getting wet then running seems to increase but I had 0 issues with overheating in any biome other then the desert or burned lands and if you are expecting to live in the desert naked think of the nomads. They wear clothing, facemasks, hats and all that jazz and it sure isn't to keep them warm. Being naked in the desert is not superior.

I think you'd be be better off giving people biome spawn choice or difficulty causes you to never spawn in desert or burned lands as beginners simply have too much to learn, most of the time on the streams I've been watching they are going with 0% thirst in burned lands wearing a puffer jacket and complaining they are overheating.

I own 3 copies of this game, 2 on PC and one on PS4 just so I can play with different friends, but yeah it's mostly the learning curve causes heat to be a silent and deadly killer. Maybe even something more drastic at 0% thirst because a lot of people aren't noticing they are dying from it.

Another video showing how it's increasing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6fZ87Gfq9Y

Hope these videos help Clare
    Last edited by xiiMaRcLeoN; 07-02-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by xPATRIOTx View Post
    So let me walk you through my experience with overheating. Firstly i am going to begin by dying .
    - respawn
    -open menu to take a look at my character
    -See that core temp is already increasing quite rapidly
    - think" oh its just adjusting for normalized body temp."(not sure if actual game mechanic)
    - Go about business
    - went exploring (weather was overcast , forest biome outside of a national park)
    activities included exploring ruins for supplies looking through things like trash cans , lockers, coolers, sinks, toilets; nothing overly exhausting that could have led to me becoming over exhausted/heated. Important to note that my movement was split at around 50/50 sprint to walk .
    - give or take a real time minute or maybe two , i received a pop up stating that i was getting over heated and needed to rest - ok i thought thats fine , start heading back to base and honestly could not have taken more than maybe 100 steps or so when the heat stroke 1 popped up.
    - Moments later the second one came up as well.
    -returned to base camp removed all of my characters clothing and had some water despite the % being well over 80.
    - For a moment or two things started to normalize down from the 129/131 temp i was previously at.
    - the core temp made it down to about 112 then started to fluctuate between phase one heat stroke and phase two .
    - at this point i went outside where it was raining to assist in the cool down . This alleviated a degree or two but then the temperature began to climb again .
    - I kept climbing until eventually my health degraded and i died .
    - i thought this must have been some sort of temp glitch , but 4 or 5 lives later it continued .
    - I think its important to note that this issue on arose after my first in game death at about an hour in . Up till that point i had uninterrupted game play.

So please fix asap in addition to loading saved games and the game will at least be playable until the rest of the bugs are fixed .

thanks

Update on my last

Just tried to get back on today , After taking a look at a couple workarounds offered online i made adjustments . I changed my character , i am now that wierd dude with the mohawk ; aiden i think it is and also disconnected my internet . Was able to load my game quickly (15 20 seconds) and the heat stroke issue i was facing in the above post has since resolved it self . I took a look at my internal temp and it dropped 30 degrees within 10 seconds . Not sure if there has been any changes in the game but this cvurrently works for me . Let me know if any of you have similar success .

Tracker
    PLEASE READ POSSIBLE ACTUAL BUG!!!

So, I've played on pc for years now I play with friends on ps4. There have been a lot of strange things in random gen. Many POIs are NOT spawning and the ELEVATION of the ground has VERY dramatic and sudden changes and frequently. We built our base over the course of the first 7 days or so explored a good area around it. We found many sudden dramatic drops in the ground even where road existed. But just yesterday we found the craziest thing I've seen in the game. As we explored a bit further, we came to a cliff. This wasn't any ordinary cliff this was like "the end of the world" NO JOKE just a straight drop off probably 15-20 stories high. You could not see the bottom. Now elevation plays a role in player temp. If random gen is this screwy atm, and we were technically WAY WAY above sea level, hell practically breaking into putter space, would that not be a cause in players complaining about overheating. I wear NO clothes and iron armor and cowboy hat and bandana and guzzle yucca tea and yucca tea only. Soon those yuccas are gonna dry out.

Refugee

Overheating

Quote Originally Posted by Meccajube View Post
    I was boiling water on the second day in front of a campfire in the pouring rain. My biome was the one where there are burning logs everywhere. I began to overheat and wasn't sure what to do. I stepped away from the fire and went into a cabin nearby it did have a hole in the roof but only one square. It didn't help. My heat kept rising and I soon became dehydrated so I went back to the fire and drank the 6 bottles of water I had made. This barely raised my thrist meter and did nothing to stop the heat exhaustion. I then made my way over to a nearby lake but even submerged my heat was barely decreasing and everytime I came up for air it quickly shot back up to where it was which was around 128F. If this is working as intended it's a bit much that standing in water and rain don't help. Honestly how someone can overheat during and overcast pouring rain storm, anywhere but the surface of Venus is beyond me.

That area is called the wasteland! Big tip if you spawn there leave immediately!
    An overheating is in game mine gets to 115 an I always drink red tea or water in can NOT GLASS. Boiled water in can decreases heat an brings up thirst quicker. But yours is definitely doing something it shouldn't! Good luck an don't give up . On pc the first month was a struggle till they were able to fix things. Also sitting next to ur fire isn't good unless your cold so cook your stuff an walk away let it finish then go back to collect turn off fire after too.

Refugee

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by WynonaStealth View Post
    PLEASE READ POSSIBLE ACTUAL BUG!!!

So, I've played on pc for years now I play with friends on ps4. There have been a lot of strange things in random gen. Many POIs are NOT spawning and the ELEVATION of the ground has VERY dramatic and sudden changes and frequently. We built our base over the course of the first 7 days or so explored a good area around it. We found many sudden dramatic drops in the ground even where road existed. But just yesterday we found the craziest thing I've seen in the game. As we explored a bit further, we came to a cliff. This wasn't any ordinary cliff this was like "the end of the world" NO JOKE just a straight drop off probably 15-20 stories high. You could not see the bottom. Now elevation plays a role in player temp. If random gen is this screwy atm, and we were technically WAY WAY above sea level, hell practically breaking into putter space, would that not be a cause in players complaining about overheating. I wear NO clothes and iron armor and cowboy hat and bandana and guzzle yucca tea and yucca tea only. Soon those yuccas are gonna dry out.
    So just a tip I have played on pc since beta an now on ps4 so the yucca is good for overheating but I drink red tea an can water an I keep my food and water above 40 % always. It helps but that cliff is crazy I haven't seen that but it's definitely not normal ! LoL like I said though even on PC I drink red tea more the yucca it really helps also leveling one I've the skills that says it slows overheating an another thirst an food consumption is a must !

Refugee
    I'm in a grassland biome. Overcast skies. Buttnaked except for a plant fiber hat. Chopping trees should not make me overheat. It should make me hot, but never overheat to the point of almost heatstroke. It's plain common sense. I work in construction and sometimes I work in extreme hot conditions, wearing a hard hat and toolbelt. Sure, I get hot, but never am I dying of heatstroke.
    Heatstroke should only occur in the desert biome.

Refugee
    Im in a snow biome now. Overheating. Wearing only a skull cap, worn boots, and denim jeans. Im doing a lot of running but still lol. Why am I doing so much running? Because there are no POI and im constantly trying to find a place to stay.

Refugee
    As with just about everyone else, the overheating mechanic in the game is seriously broken. My first game was in a desert bio, so yes, I can understand that there would be overheating. But even then, I was indoors on the first floor of a multi-story building, not doing any strenuous activity, drinking Yucca as well as plain water, and my heat level was still all over the place. There was a stream/river nearby and I would submerge myself to lower the heat which would help, but once I went back indoors, I would start overheating again...and this was at 0300 in the morning?!?

In another game, I was in a forest biome and while the overheating issues were not as serious as it was in the desert, I still had to micromanage my temperature more than any thing else. Not fun!

Frankly, I would rather the mechanic be disabled until it is fixed, or at least make it an option that can be disabled. As it is, the game should be renamed "Overheating Simulator."

I don't think this is a console specific issue, unless you're thinking something ported wrong, but I think PC does it too iirc.

The mechanic in general may need to be looked at.

Tracker

Phew!

Yes, overheating has been the biggest issue for me on console (xb1). I've been lucky enough to avoid corrupted saves or repeated crashes (though the repeated 1 second pause keeps happening). The overheating has been the reason I'm currently not playing, and waiting for a patch. It's happened to me on several occasions under various circumstances. Once it starts, there's almost no stopping it (I did once, but couldn't tell you what helped). You can undress, not move, gulp water, submerge yourself, hide indoors in any biome, and it just keeps climbing.

While I don't think TFP will be the one patching it, I just wanted to add my experience, as some folks seem doubtful of console players' claims.
    Last edited by Greybeard; 07-04-2016 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    Yes, overheating has been the biggest issue for me on console (xb1). I've been lucky enough to avoid corrupted saves or repeated crashes (though the repeated 1 second pause keeps happening). The overheating has been the reason I'm currently not playing, and waiting for a patch. It's happened to me on several occasions under various circumstances. Once it starts, there's almost no stopping it (I did once, but couldn't tell you what helped). You can undress, not move, gulp water, submerge yourself, hide indoors in any biome, and it just keeps climbing.

While I don't think TFP will be the one patching it, I just wanted to add my experience, as some folks seem doubtful of console players' claims.
    Really? Maybe there is something messed up, I just haven't really ran into the issue on PS 4 yet. Granted I've ran into another bug though and it's made it so I haven't been able to play it much (I got the console version to play multiplayer with some friends, but now I can't connect )

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Gipothegip View Post
    Really? Maybe there is something messed up, I just haven't really ran into the issue on PS 4 yet. Granted I've ran into another bug though and it's made it so I haven't been able to play it much (I got the console version to play multiplayer with some friends, but now I can't connect )
    From what I've been reading from various sites (all to be taken with a grain of salt), is that PS4 and XB1 are suffering different issues, as well as a few similarities. I have yet to try any mode other than single player. I can also say that I have had no issues upon loading anything (game or saves). Though who knows! APB on XB1 wouldn't finish loading... turned out you couldn't have more than 20 people blocked on your console. Go figure. *smh*

Scavenger
    I had no real Problem with overheating (PS4), but I'm spending most of my time in the snow biome anyway.
    But did I miss something, or isn't it possible to change degree Fahrenheit to Celsius in the options menu or somewhere else?

Survivor
    you are in the burn lands, get out of there. you will overheat even in the rain