Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [XBOX and PS4] Overheating thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lanseril_Storm View Post
    you are in the burn lands, get out of there. you will overheat even in the rain
    Happens in other bioms too fyi.

Survivor
    are you in a random gen room? i stopped using those because i had the same issue, now i have been playing in nothing but navzgane maps and i dont have that issue at all. if im in a area or working on rocks or trees, my character may get 95-100 degrees, i take my shirt off and problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanseril_Storm View Post
    are you in a random gen room? i stopped using those because i had the same issue, now i have been playing in nothing but navzgane maps and i dont have that issue at all. if im in a area or working on rocks or trees, my character may get 95-100 degrees, i take my shirt off and problem solved.
    Yes, it's a random generated map. I also use sun glassess and a hat that should cool me down but that doesn't help either and I know that this is an issue it even exists in the PC version.

Refugee
    Small question here, i'ts my first post so hi everyone and sorry if I it's been posted but i'm experiencing a similar issue with temp:

I have my base in a forest biome. Biomes nest to it are burning forest and desert.
    When I load the game (after stopped playing) there is snow falling and my character freezes. I need to change biome (i think it fixes it) for the temp to become normal again.

Hope I explained it well enough. (EDIT: RWG World)

Refugee

This needs to be fixed

I'm not familiar with the team who made this game and who is fixing bugs but honestly you need to get your crap together. Fix the overheating problem my character is wet at night in the rain and for some god for saken reason I overheat to 130 degrees which results in death and it's absolutely rediculous. FIX THE OVERHEATING PROBLEM DIMWITS before you lose your customers entirely .

Refugee
    Most of the complaints and images/videos are from "burning wood" area. When you guys look around, don't you spot all the mini "campfire" sites. These aren't for just show. Its to let you know, you are in a burnt forest biome. I'm not even sure of the right name other than that.

You even have "Ember Zombies" (again not sure of the name at the moment) walking around and burning up. Get out of these areas, don't build a home here thinking you will be safe with four wood walls. The temperature will rise, rain will mildly help burns. Just not the ones you are getting by staying around. At first spawn, you don't have access to red tea to get the 100% cooling effect. Which really helps. I stay really cool in that area with a few red tea's. Just like how Coffee keeps you warm in the snow biome.

They do need to change it up up though for spawn points. Almost every few games I create its like 5 Ember Zone / 1 Forest / 10 Snow / 0 Desert . I walk around with nothing but just Iron Armor. Keeping Coffee for snow and Red Tea for ember biomes. The temperatures do need to be modified. And a lot of items need to have their proper stats changed.

"Oh my house is on fire, let me walk in there and grab my pants. I'm sure my body will stay perfectly safe and cool. Oh, I burned myself - hacks! broken!"

Scavenger

Hmm

Overheating isn't so bad. Me and my wife play together on PS4 and it did take a bit to figure out the heating and cooling system but once we figured it out no matter what biome we are in we stay around 74-84 degrees (unless in desert or wasteland)

I do see though like a lot in the game it does need to be polished up but honestly I could deal with that if they can just polish combat mechanics lag and general jerkiness. Also in Navezgane the bigger dock on the island in the North West near Perishton still falls apart as soon as you get on it. Idk if it was designed that way but hell there's loot stuffs in there and me and my wife want it xP

Possibly add a fast travel option as well like say only allow a set number of bedrolls and be able to spawn to them like say 5 bedrolls that's a good many spawn locations and you can spread them across the Navezgane map or random gens whichever. Anyways my opinions got off topic a bit there xP

Absolutely great game though.

Quote Originally Posted by ddjj0022jjrr View Post
    my inv looks just about the same as yours, naked except for the helmet but still rising temperature
    You are standing in the fire biome, of course you're going to over heat

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by danieltice View Post
    I'm not familiar with the team who made this game and who is fixing bugs but honestly you need to get your crap together. Fix the overheating problem my character is wet at night in the rain and for some god for saken reason I overheat to 130 degrees which results in death and it's absolutely rediculous. FIX THE OVERHEATING PROBLEM DIMWITS before you lose your customers entirely .
    I don't normally reply to post, but this game was started by a small team on Kickstarter! Have some respect bro! They know the issues and the c.m is active on here everyday trying to get info on things that need to be fixed! Games got tons of promise just have to hope it gets supported.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by xiiMaRcLeoN View Post
    You're in a burning/burnt forest of course you're going to overheat. That rain is also hot (like pouring hot water over yourself while you are already suffering from overheating).

Get out of the burning forest and get into the greens.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax_2069 View Post
    You're in a burning/burnt forest of course you're going to overheat. That rain is also hot (like pouring hot water over yourself while you are already suffering from overheating).

Get out of the burning forest and get into the greens.
    Also happens in other bioms like the greens too fyi.

Zombie Hunter
    If you see your temp raising and you're naked exit out of the game fully. Make sure application is closed and when you get back in your temp will go down. That was happening to me as I traveled. I switched skins from Lee to someone else and it hasn't happened since.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by xiiMaRcLeoN View Post
    Also happens in other bioms like the greens too fyi.
    Its manageable in the greens, not so much in the burning biom

For those of you overheating, regardless of biome to the point the game becomes unplayable (rapid heatstroke death etc)
    Are you all in Random Gen maps?

Cheers,
    Clare

Refugee
    Nope. Everytime it happened to us, we were playing navezgane. It happened several times and it seemed to start after the 2 day mark. I was already wearing a plant fiber hat when I starting to overheat (110), but it wasn't helping. I changed it to a cowboy hat and it dropped it to 90, temporarily. Its happened to us in every biome so far.