Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: SMX - By Sirillion

SMX - By Sirillion - A16 UI-MOD

Greetings survivor...

In the zombie apocalypse there are many things that require your attention, the fields need tilling, resources must be gathered, towers of impending doom must be built and of course zombie heads must be bashed in with whichever weapon your heart desires.

SMX aims to be helpful with bringing you as much information as possible about your well being and the world around you without getting in the way of your zombie slaying, gathering or building of amazing fortresses.

Happy hunting!
    Sirillion

• Pure XML mod.
    • EAC friendly.
    • Dedicated Server friendly.
    • Custom textures and sprites.
    • Modular design.
    • Optional downloads.
    • Enhanced functionality.
    • Easily merged with other mods.

• Bottom Left - Heavily reworked Unit Frames with custom textures and sprites. (M)
    • Bottom Left - Reworked and Enhanced Buff Frame with names and timers. (M)
    • Bottom Center - Heavily reworked Tool Belt with custom textures, sizes and durability bars. (M)
    • Bottom Center - Slot numbers under the Tool Belt in a light grey color to make it as discreet as possible.
    • Bottom Right - Reworked Ammo Counter with custom texture and increased font and icon size.
    • Top Right - Heavily reworked Quest Tracker with custom texture and reduced font and icon size.
    • Top Center - Reworked Compass with custom textures and directional indicator. (M)
    • Top Left - Custom Level/XP Display with circular XP bar and Day/Time display. (M)
    • Bottom Left - Custom information HUD with Elevation, Map Temp and Feels Like Temp indicators. (M)

(M) - Indicates a MODULAR frame.

SMX should be easily merged with other mods. I've tried to write this mod in a "new" way. I've done it by creating new windows, styles and controls for every frame I've reworked and added. As a result no default code has been touched and a merge with SMX should be as easy as to just copy the entire SMX section at the start of the files over to the other modded file. You might need to work a bit in the xui.xml file depending on the mod you wish to merge it with but it should still be pretty easy.

( Special thanks go out to Games4Kickz for making this installation video for SMX )
    ( Games4Kickz is using SMX for his Let's Play series. Be sure to check that out to see SMX in action! )

( DOWNLOAD )
    Build for 16.3b12

( SMX is now also part of SphereII's Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die )

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Download and unpack the archive.
    2. Copy the content of the archive into the 7 Days To Die installation. (\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die)
    3. Overwrite existing files if using the mod stand alone.

HOW TO LOCATE 7DtD INSTALLATION:
    1. Right click 7 Days to Die in the Game Browser in Steam.
    2. Select Properties from the pop-up menu.
    3. Select the Local Files Tab.
    4. Select Browse Local Files... from the menu.

This should take you to your 7DtD installation. Make sure that both the Mods and Data folder get installed properly.

HOW TO UNINSTALL:
    1. Right click 7 Days to Die in the Game Browser in Steam.
    2. Select Properties from the pop-up menu.
    3. Select the Local Files Tab.
    4. Select Verify integrity of game files... from the menu.

This should now run a small file check on the game files and revert all files back to standard.

!!! WARNING !!! ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR SAVES BEFORE INSTALLING ANY MODS !!! WARNING !!!

WHEN USING THE OTHER DESIGNS SMX MUST BE INSTALLED FIRST, THEN INSTALL THE DESIRED DESIGN
    Last edited by Sirillion; 09-18-2017 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Updated version...

Looks nice and clean i like it

Added screen and download link for those that wish to check it out.

TY, 4 yr hard work!

Thx bud you are AWESOME......

I like it! Thanks.

You are most welcome, but considering that this is a first draft test version and an "alternative" way to write mods please come back to me with any feedback considering errors and problems that you may experience.

I know there are some issues with multiplayer and I am working on fixing the issues at hand.

-S

Tracker
    nice to hear u are working on something new, hope the ds version gets ready soon, so i can implement it on my server(s), still using sirmod so far.

Edit: i miss the elevation level, for building this is good to see on the ui.
    Last edited by Devidian; 07-06-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devidian View Post
    nice to hear u are working on something new, hope the ds version gets ready soon, so i can implement it on my server(s), still using sirmod so far.

Edit: i miss the elevation level, for building this is good to see on the ui.
    I have been working overtime the last week but I hope to get some work done on it this weekend.

I will find a way to add the elevation back in.

-S

Just put up a new version of the mod. This version is to be considered a test version for dedicated servers.

It comes set up for DS play out of the box, those that wish to use the larger unit frames and/or improved buff frames can do so by editing the xui.xml file and following the instructions. All clients MUST have the smx folder on C: for the custom textures to work.

Remember that the improved buff frames are single player ONLY, they WILL crash your client upon DS exit.

I still have some work to do with the positioning of the status and info texts that inhabit the hud. I am not pleased with their current positions and will run some trials the coming days. Elevation and wind speed have not been implemented back into the hud yet due to this.

Please report back to me in this thread with anything you encounter during testing.

-S

Downloads in the hundreds and so little feedback. I refuse to believe that the mod is "flawless".

Remember guys that this is a test and I cannot work out the kinks if you don't tell me about it.

Please tell me your dislikes and suggestions for improvements and additions. I am especially interested to know if anyone have tried it out on their server yet and if there are any crashes or errors both client and server side.

-S

I'll plug 'er in to my dedi later today and let you know Sirillion. I've got a MacOS player too so I can report on both Windows & Mac clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Boa_2K7 View Post
    I'll plug 'er in to my dedi later today and let you know Sirillion. I've got a MacOS player too so I can report on both Windows & Mac clients.
    That sounds awesome, thank you

Good evening,

Tested and works with 14.8(b1) experimental build.

Works With Windows 7 x64 Dedicated And Windows 10 x64 Client - A14.8(b1)

Works perfectly on my Windows 7 x64 dedicated server, logging in/out from a Windows 10 x64 client. Good stuff Sirillion!

Will let you know anout MacOS once my buddy logs in.

...OK, he logged in and had all ??? characters for a UI. (sorry, no screenshot) I know squat about OSX, but I had him put the SMX folder in his root folder, "/" after a Google for "equivalent of C drive in OSX". Can I perhaps provide any other info for you to troubleshoot? Maybe that's the wrong path in OSX? Cheers!
    Last edited by Boa_2K7; 07-14-2016 at 03:40 AM. Reason: appended info