Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast
Results 781 to 795 of 800

Thread: SMX - By Sirillion

  1. #781
    Tracker SMiThaYe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Here. There. Everywhere!
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    1
    Do you happen to still have the UI for A13.8 by any chance Sirillion, the one as used by G4K but is no longer available? Linkage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKZqsgSLXfU

    Sorry to harp on about older alphas and UI's but I didn't get much time with A13, and my time modding the UI myself is giving me headaches despite the guides I read/watched. Send it by PM if you prefer, appreciate the mods as always

  2. #782
    Inventor Sirillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SMiThaYe View Post
    Do you happen to still have the UI for A13.8 by any chance Sirillion, the one as used by G4K but is no longer available? Linkage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKZqsgSLXfU

    Sorry to harp on about older alphas and UI's but I didn't get much time with A13, and my time modding the UI myself is giving me headaches despite the guides I read/watched. Send it by PM if you prefer, appreciate the mods as always
    I can take a look in the backups when I get home come Wednesday and see what I can find. No promises though.

  3. #783
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    473
    Rep Power
    1
    Please Please Please Update your Beautiful SMXhud & SMXmenu so that it works with 18.3 experimental Much-o-Grass-E-Ass

  4. #784
    Inventor Sirillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallon View Post
    Please Please Please Update your Beautiful SMXhud & SMXmenu so that it works with 18.3 experimental Much-o-Grass-E-Ass
    Sorry, and it is not to be difficult but I will need the time to actually make the 18.3 version. The font change kinda wrecked havoc and I will need to adjust all labels. So, there will not be a version until it comes out of experimental.

  5. #785
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    473
    Rep Power
    1
    Sad Face but I understand hehe I know you update if & when you can matey its all good haha

  6. #786
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah, completely unnecessary to change the font at this state but I guess it's just a FunPimps thing (like many other things they do and I don't understand...).

    I just updated the HUD to the new font and it was a pain in the ass since it's a lot of work and I'm still not satisfied.
    "Everything" is different, like the position and size.... and that was just the in-game HUD, don't want to know how much time it will cost to adjust everything of SMX (UI, HUD, Menu,....).

  7. #787
    Inventor Sirillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelnir.hh View Post
    Yeah, completely unnecessary to change the font at this state but I guess it's just a FunPimps thing (like many other things they do and I don't understand...).

    I just updated the HUD to the new font and it was a pain in the ass since it's a lot of work and I'm still not satisfied.
    "Everything" is different, like the position and size.... and that was just the in-game HUD, don't want to know how much time it will cost to adjust everything of SMX (UI, HUD, Menu,....).
    Well, I do understand their font change. They kinda had to when they went full language support. The old font had some issues with displaying different characters already, then imagine adding Chinese, Japanese and Russian to the mix.

    It is not just the font change, it is also Christmas, and as a family man, father and soon to be grandfather my priorities has to be elsewhere over the holidays. Like, I just spent the evening helping our youngest daughter setting up the PS4 Pro we got her for Christmas, installing Minecraft and Fortnite...and of course watching her play a bit.

    And when it comes to the updates, I do more than just change the font issue. I also try to spend some time on the mods, doing some tweaks, expand on new functions and generally attempting to make them better.

    So, when they are done I will drop them, hopefully just in time for 18.3 hits stable. Until then...Merry Christmas everyone

  8. #788
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    0
    Post removed, wrong thread.

  9. #789
    Refugee DarkWestern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Don't focus on the negative.

    Sirillion, I just wanted to take a moment to genuinely thank you for your hard work. A lot of the replies seem demanding, and ask a lot of you. If you ever feel like your work goes without appreciation, read this. Thank you so much. I honestly can't even play this game any more without the SMX mod. Happy new year, brother.

  10. #790
    Inventor Sirillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWestern View Post
    Sirillion, I just wanted to take a moment to genuinely thank you for your hard work. A lot of the replies seem demanding, and ask a lot of you. If you ever feel like your work goes without appreciation, read this. Thank you so much. I honestly can't even play this game any more without the SMX mod. Happy new year, brother.
    Thank you for the kind words, much appreciated! And a happy new year to you too

  11. #791
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    There are 3 different files on Nexusmods. Do I need to install all for the "full" effect?

  12. #792
    Inventor Sirillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    1
    Hi,

    Yes, they all do their own thing. SMXmenu does the main and in-game menus. SMXhud does the HUD of the game, what you see when moving around. SMXui does the rest of the user interface, inventory, skills, character screen, journal, map(next release).

    I did it that way to make it more versatile in regards to updates so that an update to the menu doesn't need to break the rest of the experience.

  13. #793
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirillion View Post
    Hi,

    Yes, they all do their own thing. SMXmenu does the main and in-game menus. SMXhud does the HUD of the game, what you see when moving around. SMXui does the rest of the user interface, inventory, skills, character screen, journal, map(next release).

    I did it that way to make it more versatile in regards to updates so that an update to the menu doesn't need to break the rest of the experience.
    I thought so, but wanted to make sure. Thx

  14. #794
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirillion View Post
    Hi,

    Yes, they all do their own thing. SMXmenu does the main and in-game menus. SMXhud does the HUD of the game, what you see when moving around. SMXui does the rest of the user interface, inventory, skills, character screen, journal, map(next release).

    I did it that way to make it more versatile in regards to updates so that an update to the menu doesn't need to break the rest of the experience.
    This seems to work great for a single player experience --- how do you do this for a client / Dedi server?

  15. #795
    Inventor Sirillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TechieZero View Post
    This seems to work great for a single player experience --- how do you do this for a client / Dedi server?
    First you need to install the modlets on the server then all clients that connect needs to have the modlets installed locally.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •