Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Servers for PS4 ?

Refugee

Thumbs up Dedicated Servers for PS4 ?

This Game is brilliant. However it has one fatal flaw on ps4, there is no dedicated server platform. So when you play multiplayer (which is the major attraction for me) your either hosting a game on your ps4, or join someone else.
    This means only up to a max of 4 players at one time (way too little as the map is so huge your unlikely to ever bump into another player) But the real issue is that If I join a game, I could spend 4 hours leveling up and building stuff only for the host to log off his game and for me to lose all my hard work. Who wants to do that? The only other option is to host it yourself, but then if my friends want to play I have to play too otherwise there is no host for them to join. This is a major oversight and ruins what would otherwise be a fantastic "Ark Survival" beating game. Unless this issue is addressed, players (including me) will be voting with their feet and going elsewhere.

Further to this there are other things in the pc version, which are sadly omitted on ps4. No character creation at the beginning. We are forced to choose a skin, meaning everyone looks pretty much alike. Even the most basic rpg's these days allow you to customise your characters appearance (eye colour, nose shape etc) before starting. Leaving this out takes a big part of the game away, which I think is a mistake. Sure if you want to use a pre-defined skin that's fine, but you should also be able to create a character.

An option to be able to customise your controller configuration would be handy... again most games have this option as standard or at least a few different configuration options.

There are bugs with animation and clipping, but I forgive them for this as long as it's improved somewhere along the road.

So what do you say guys? I've heard you really listen to the gamers, and I have a lot of love for this game. Are we getting servers we can all join anytime day or night? As a gamer can we comit and invest time playing in order to get the higher level stuff, or are we wasting our time? Will the maximum number of clients get raised to a reasonable figure (16 would be great) Will we get custom character creation...... or is the ps4 version of this game going to remain watered down?

Jon.

Refugee

Yess!!!

I completely agree with everything 100% and I know heaps of my friends are not buying this game because it doesn't have dedicated servers

Refugee
    Yes its annoying that if you didnt host, you cant save your progress. PLEASE FIX!

Refugee
    The game is really good, playing with friends is even better . It really is a pity that does not have dedicated servers and more players. I think I'm missing something huge. A survivor.

Refugee
    Wait, you mean I can't start a world with my friend on PS4 where we can come and go and save our progress? That was the main reason a bunch of us ordered this game! I'm enjoying it but starting from scratch each time will wear out quickly. No work around for this?

Refugee
    You can save you progress. For that , the world being a friend, that one of you to be the host. When starting the game you have in inventory a block to claim your land. Use it in your houses. so i keep my game with my friends .

Every time you give to join the multiplayer, you join a random game. For this the game needs dedicated servers.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    The word on the street is that console dedis are on the table being talked about.

Survivor
    I hope so if they do I wouldn't mind hosting a server or 2 for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    The word on the street is that console dedis are on the table being talked about.
    Stability updates > new features, no sense in adding in more broken items, that is reverse productivity.

Refugee

Question If it aint broke don't fix it, If it aint broke why not add it?

Quote Originally Posted by Labrat309 View Post
    Stability updates > new features, no sense in adding in more broken items, that is reverse productivity.
    Why does everything the developers add have to be broken? There is no reason why they can't add fully working multiplayer dedicated servers.

Refugee

Yes Please Do Fix ASAP

I to must post as I hope others will too to get this pushed closer to the top of the list maybe just behind server drops and crashes. This is a huge issue and needs to be addressed.

When I join my friends game he invites me to, and he logs out I get dropped instantly and then cannot continue where I left off unless HE continues the game he originally created that very moment. If he DOES continue that game and re-invites me I do re spawn right where I left off. So every night if hes not on I either have to join a random game or create my own game and continue that where I left off, by myself. If he then decides to get online and wants to continue the original game we created he then has to invite me (I can't join remotely, Only he can invite me; another flaw I found with multiplayer) and then I have to quit all my single player progress, and rejoin where I left off on my buddies map. Yes I layed down a bedroll and can continue right where I was while he builds and creates while I'm offline, but the point of the matter is, that I cannot get on the map we created together without him being online. This needs fixing asap as I've already lost interest as my buddy isn't always online. I've also been reading this to be becoming more and more of an issue with more and more players.

I've played "Murder Miners" A 360 game that when I (or a friend creates a map), and proceed to invite each other to join the game the person(s) joining in the loading menu downloads the map to his console so he can then edit, update and play the map. Obviously this probably isn't going to work with the procedural generated maps the game produces unless we have dedicate servers of course. But for a map like Navezgane and any other man made maps this shouldn't be an issue?

I'm now curious as to how Mine craft works with multiplayer maps, as the entirety of that game is based on map refining, creating, digging, and map making.
    Last edited by BrucrWillis24; 07-07-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Refugee

I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by DersonThePerson View Post
    Why does everything the developers add have to be broken? There is no reason why they can't add fully working multiplayer dedicated servers.
    So true. If they're not rushed and get it done correctly and get it tested beforehand there should be no reason for more bugs to be added and no reason for more angry people. Just more happy ones!

If people are worried about new features being added because of stability and bugs should be top priority. Why can't they release one big patch with some major/minor most important bugs fixed and add dedicated servers, or add the ability for players to download the created map like Navezgane to the console and continue from there at the same time? So it takes a few days you have the money rolling in I hope get some guys on the bugs, and get some more on multiplayer add ins.

Refugee
    I was thinking of the way paying for servers like you do with games like Battlefield would be a good idea(say 20$ a month) but then realised players who joined it would still lose progress at the end of the month if the payer didn't renew.

So now i think they should release large capacity dedicated/persistent public servers like any mmo or on pc.Then you pay a small sub(5$ maybe a month?) to access them so they can pay for the upkeep of the servers and the tracking of all our progress.

List of servers,you choose one and that's where you stay.Only way to go join another server is to delete your char on your 1st server(which in turn removes all your buildings etc placed in that server)

I think a small sub is best otherwise i really doubt they'll bother with large scale public servers.

Agreed though there needs to be something done,it's not fun playing alone or with a small group who can only log on when you log on.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Honourless View Post
    I was thinking of the way paying for servers like you do with games like Battlefield would be a good idea(say 20$ a month) but then realised players who joined it would still lose progress at the end of the month if the payer didn't renew.

So now i think they should release large capacity dedicated/persistent public servers like any mmo or on pc.Then you pay a small sub(5$ maybe a month?) to access them so they can pay for the upkeep of the servers and the tracking of all our progress.

List of servers,you choose one and that's where you stay.Only way to go join another server is to delete your char on your 1st server(which in turn removes all your buildings etc placed in that server)

I think a small sub is best otherwise i really doubt they'll bother with large scale public servers.

Agreed though there needs to be something done,it's not fun playing alone or with a small group who can only log on when you log on.
    Id quite happily pay towards server upkeep...but then again id quite happily pay for a dedicated server that i would defo maintain

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    They should be in the talk about it. Countless ppl want better quality online and with more ppl.

They did say that if the demand is there then they would add them.

Also OP don't be so selfish about dedis for ps4, you can't leave out us xbone users. Lol