Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Servers for PS4 ?

Scavenger
    Need it

Refugee
    So I've been working with some friends on a dedicated ps4 server. We had a Survival Multiplayer run about 5 days every evening and got to day 40, maybe one crash total. We're messing around with a new one now, but I'd seriously consider this if enough people were interested and I got an idea of what rulesets/mods people would like. (Let's also not forget only 3 people at a time could play including myself, so this would also be a deciding factor for now). I'm interested to hear back from a couple of you hopefully. Peace.

Refugee

Angry Yes Please.

Please allow dedicated servers for PS4. I would love to host my own.

Refugee
    I cannot for the life of me understand who thought it was acceptable to introduce this game as peer to peer on console, you must have known when creating it that it simply will not work and the ability for dedicated servers is a MUST HAVE for this type of game. We know you knew it was not right when you were developing this "join game" fallacy, and you did it anyway. Clearly a slap dash money grab - If this game was 15 Solo only I would be happy (current bugs and all) - but 30 for this guys... come on.

You also knew that people would within the first 2 days highlight it as a serious flaw and so you should have already had steps in place to fix the problem and have open upfront pre emptive communications on this.

The people on these forums complaining are the ones who actually care about the game and wish for it to be improved for enjoyment and to keep playing, The worry is the amount of unknown people who vote with their feet and have not even bothered writing to complain and have just moved onto another game - but then again, thats expected in a money grab scenario.

Sort this mess out.

Why make a post for only the ps4. You should have just said consoles because xb1 doesn't have dedicated servers either. Add them to both platforms

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    The word on the street is that console dedis are on the table being talked about.
    They just need to make small piece of software for Windows and let us run our own servers.

Refugee

Completely agree

All consoles need dedicated servers and more players per server to help with the life span of the game. It's such an awesome game I don't see why they can't even cross platform the servers or something would be sweet glad to finally have a game this on console other then minecraft

Refugee
    Oh my god - dedicated servers would be awesome - like especially with the ability to make them public or private so just your friends could come and go as they please
    more than 4 players would be great too!

Refugee
    Now if this game has servers that is up n can be rented like BF4 i will rent one n keep it up for LONG time, Doing this will kill DayZ n H1Z1 cus this game you will think of hordes n some seriuos PvP too, your base will not be safe for 2 reasons, thats a new ideas, instead of butting ones for free, plz the fun pimps do it, it will cost us, but look at bf4, there are tons of severs tho they rent it using real money for you to stable those servers as much as you can. We need one. Even if it takes 6 pIayers in it or maybe 10.

Here a thing, servers for free for all matches, (no ally requests can be send).
    Also, Normal servers so you can be ally with Only 2/3/4 players in 6/8/10 players server only ( Respectively ) . No more than 10 for lag reasons or CPU, this is a Team death match right there.

Refugee

Dedicated servers please

I've been waiting and hoping for a game like this on console for years. The main reason I got this game was for the multiplayer experience. Super happy with the game, but the lack of a dedicated server is so disappointing. Basically eliminates the potential for what could be a top notch multiplayer experience. But the fact people are kicked from a server when the host leaves keeps anyone from joining your game, and losing all your hard work at the drop of a dime when the host leaves is beyond frustrating. Please, if anything else is done to this game, let it be this one thing

Refugee

Unhappy Post for ps4

Quote Originally Posted by RipShaDe41 View Post
    Why make a post for only the ps4. You should have just said consoles because xb1 doesn't have dedicated servers either. Add them to both platforms
    The reason I made the post for Ps4, is because I don't have an X-box and therefore shouldn't comment on whether or not it has a dedicated server platform. How should I know, if i've never played this game on x-box? If I had commented on the x-box version and stated that it needs dedicated servers, only to find out later that it already had them I would have looked like a plonker wouldn't I.

But if you guys on the x-box don't have dedis, well then your going to need them too. Maybe a cross platform server? Now that would be cool and as far as I know, perfectly achievable.

Instead of critisizing why didn't you start your own thread for x-box owners?

Refugee

Player run servers.

Quote Originally Posted by DoucheVader View Post
    They just need to make small piece of software for Windows and let us run our own servers.
    This would be so cool. I would happily run a dedicated server. I have several pc's as I work as a web developer and network engineer and could easily set up a few servers available 24/7. But would need some sort of software to do it from the pimps.
    I suspect that instead they will go down the route of supplying dedicated servers that we (the players) must pay for. Bit of a shame as I think PC players get it for free? and don't need to pay for ps+ either. But nevertheless people would pay a small monthly sub to keep a farm of dedicated servers available for consoles.

Refugee

Totally agree

I totally agree, dedicated servers and "large" scale multiplayer / pvp are a must for this genre, quite surprised it was not a thing from the get go. Hope it gets added very very soon.

Refugee
    You guys realise that mindcraft console does not have dedicated servers either. The best chance we get is to have crossplay between pC and ps4, then we could join those servers. But dedicated servers are NEVER coming to this game that aren't player hosted some way, keep that in mind.

Hunter
    Yes we need this