Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Servers for PS4 ?

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedur View Post
    You guys realise that mindcraft console does not have dedicated servers either. The best chance we get is to have crossplay between pC and ps4, then we could join those servers. But dedicated servers are NEVER coming to this game that aren't player hosted some way, keep that in mind.
    Pretty sure you meant Minecraft and what in the world that game has to do with this one is beyond me, might aswell bring the 2d games like Terraria to the table aswell?... Also of course it's possible to have dedicated servers, pc has them, consoles can have them too, they're just checking if the demand is high enough in my opinion, as allthough we would rent servers it's still a cost factor for them too, so yeah keep that in mind... :x

Dedicated servers will have to come or this game will be dead asap, and the word travels fast as we all know, give em some time to calculate.

Zombie Hunter
    I'd have no problem in renting a server, just as most of the pc users do. The way I see it is the game is free to play (unless they bury us in paid DLC), therefore, money spent on rental wouldn't be any different to other games that require a subscription fee.

Refugee
    Yes the ps4 community needs this i also sent a message to one of the staff members about this. This should be one of the first things on the list for the next update coming out very soon. Even i would be willing to pay to have a deticated server and to also up the number of players on multiplayer. This game could very well take out dayz and other games like it if this is done. I know about 20 people that have not pulled the trigger on buying this game because of this very reason. Please let this be on the next update even if they have to delay the update another few weeks to add it in.

Refugee
    O god yes PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do this I mean I have these guys that I play with and their on the east coast and im in Hawaii, so when in can play during the weekdays their off.

Quote Originally Posted by bEAST83457 View Post
    Pretty sure you meant Minecraft and what in the world that game has to do with this one is beyond me, might aswell bring the 2d games like Terraria to the table aswell?... Also of course it's possible to have dedicated servers, pc has them, consoles can have them too, they're just checking if the demand is high enough in my opinion, as allthough we would rent servers it's still a cost factor for them too, so yeah keep that in mind... :x

Dedicated servers will have to come or this game will be dead asap, and the word travels fast as we all know, give em some time to calculate.
    The comparison to Minecraft is accurate, both are voxel games and voxel games have specific demands on system resources.
    It is far more accurate to compare it to Minecraft than something like Dying Light or Ark.

Scavenger
    For what its worth to the topic id be willing to pay a reasonable price for a dedi server

Refugee
    I would like one of the Devs speak out about dedicated servers. I would like to see where it goes. if another plan is in play if dedicated servers isn't possible or another option seems to be better on the limited power of the Xbox One/PS4 hardware

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by bEAST83457 View Post

Dude have you even played Minecraft on the consoles? This game runs almost exactly the same as minecraft and is almost identical in gameplay to, sure it's a little harder and aimed at an older audience but this game is pretty much just grown up minecraft! I mean it even has creative and survival mode.

Minecraft has one man hosting the server and all others require him to be on to play, the only difference being you can have quite a few more than 4 players at once!

Minecraft seems to be doing pretty well across the board on all platforms so it's strange for you to suggest that this model of hosting will never work and the game will die!

Refugee

Add me LiamArdoyne_UTH

I am on day 53 And have a great big world i would love to play

Survivor
    I also would like dedicated servers just for the fact that me and friends can play on one world and not worry if the host is going to be on so we can play in said world.

Refugee

We want a server

I agree with all that has been posted on this board. I want to be able to build a base/village with friends and we want to continue when we are not on at the same time, at the moment i have to wait for my friend to play before we can continue the build. This is the biggest issue with my personal game experience so far.

Refugee

totally agree!!!!!!

I really like this game and can't wait to get my hands on it, i have it on my wish list until dedicated servers are resolved, it's no use joining another lobby to end up losing everything. I really wanna join a dedicated server with friends and survive there as we meet strangers and barricade ourselves the night!
    Last edited by Goodknight47; 08-06-2016 at 01:59 AM.

Refugee

This needs to happen!

The game would be 100% more enjoyable if this was a thing

Hunter
    I don't know what's the hold up on this?

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by DersonThePerson View Post
    This Game is brilliant. However it has one fatal flaw on ps4, there is no dedicated server platform. So when you play multiplayer (which is the major attraction for me) your either hosting a game on your ps4, or join someone else.
    This means only up to a max of 4 players at one time (way too little as the map is so huge your unlikely to ever bump into another player) But the real issue is that If I join a game, I could spend 4 hours leveling up and building stuff only for the host to log off his game and for me to lose all my hard work. Who wants to do that? The only other option is to host it yourself, but then if my friends want to play I have to play too otherwise there is no host for them to join. This is a major oversight and ruins what would otherwise be a fantastic "Ark Survival" beating game. Unless this issue is addressed, players (including me) will be voting with their feet and going elsewhere.

Further to this there are other things in the pc version, which are sadly omitted on ps4. No character creation at the beginning. We are forced to choose a skin, meaning everyone looks pretty much alike. Even the most basic rpg's these days allow you to customise your characters appearance (eye colour, nose shape etc) before starting. Leaving this out takes a big part of the game away, which I think is a mistake. Sure if you want to use a pre-defined skin that's fine, but you should also be able to create a character.

An option to be able to customise your controller configuration would be handy... again most games have this option as standard or at least a few different configuration options.

There are bugs with animation and clipping, but I forgive them for this as long as it's improved somewhere along the road.

So what do you say guys? I've heard you really listen to the gamers, and I have a lot of love for this game. Are we getting servers we can all join anytime day or night? As a gamer can we comit and invest time playing in order to get the higher level stuff, or are we wasting our time? Will the maximum number of clients get raised to a reasonable figure (16 would be great) Will we get custom character creation...... or is the ps4 version of this game going to remain watered down?

Jon.
    This is so true if they would fix these issues I am sure no I guarantee they will get more daily players and people to buy this game