Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Greedy and Mislead Console Sales (Re-Post)

Refugee

Greedy and Mislead Console Sales (Re-Post)

I understand this game is in Alpha and along with that come bugs, however the AMOUNT and the way this game was sold is really misleading.

This should have been on the "Game Preview" program on Xbox.

This was sold in the normal game store, and not even a mention of "early stages" or anything. I personally knew it was in Alpha, but a comparison to the PC version makes it seem semi-stable. I basically just bought a game that I have to wait weeks-to-months to be playable.

Frame rate
    Spawning issues.
    Freezing
    Corrupted saves.

How many people even were working on the bug-fixing?

I am not gonna scream and whine about a refund. But there should be some kind of compensation.

This is ridiculous.

Even on the retail box it has no mention it is in Alpha, how can you even let this game be shipped?

If it was bug tested for even an hour it should have been apparent it needs more time.

Roland, Why was my thread closed because of one individual who is trolling? You should take action on individuals instead of prohibiting a free-discussion and punishing everybody.

Tracker
    I actually have a few things I would like to say.

1) Labeling this a "re-post" was a mistake. It's guaranteed to get closed and deleted. I do think you should have made another thread about it, though -- you should have just named it something different, like "Discussion on Potentially Misleading Sales" or something like that, because it's definitely a discussion that needs to be had. And I dunno if that belongs in the Bug Reports section, either.

2) I completely agree that your previous thread should not have been closed because of the one guy trolling. I even reported him and everything, and he still got your thread closed.

In summary, I think this is a discussion that would be great to participate in, but making a re-post in the Bug Reports section probably isn't the best way to go about doing it.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by CharityDiary View Post
    I actually have a few things I would like to say.

1) Labeling this a "re-post" was a mistake. It's guaranteed to get closed and deleted. I do think you should have made another thread about it, though -- you should have just named it something different, like "Discussion on Potentially Misleading Sales" or something like that, because it's definitely a discussion that needs to be had. And I dunno if that belongs in the Bug Reports section, either.

2) I completely agree that your previous thread should not have been closed because of the one guy trolling. I even reported him and everything, and he still got your thread closed.

In summary, I think this is a discussion that would be great to participate in, but making a re-post in the Bug Reports section probably isn't the best way to go about doing it.
    Noted, however i mainly posted in the same section hoping to get a response from the mod on why such a selective action was taken when it was clearly just one person starting trouble.

However, I will take your advice into consideration for future post.

Refugee
    I noticed your old thread got closed because of one person, which I think is ridiculous. I'm glad you reposted it though. I'm also glad that other people, and not just me, are upset by what they did. I don't think it's fair to customers that they straight up lied about their game. If they had given up a heads up that it was a glitchy alpha mess, I would of held off. People may say we could of researched the game, but we shouldn't have to when it's advertised on Xbox as a full release. At that point you've already won our trust. Not cool.

I posted a thread about how to get a refund, but I'll repost a summarized version here. Basically, go to XBox or Playstation chat or call their hotline, and just say the game was Falsely Advertised and they'll hand your money back in a heart beat. Tried this on Xbox and got my money back immediately, so I can't say the same for PS4 users, but give it a shot. Either way, post away about mislead sales.

Refugee

Really?

This is an Alpha game? I got it digital download and didn't even realize it. Kind of a bummer.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivervale View Post
    This is an Alpha game? I got it digital download and didn't even realize it. Kind of a bummer.
    That's why everyone is so pissed off. They made it seem as if it was a full release and sold it to us for $30.

Refugee
    I agreed with your previous thread. I'm willing to wait it out for some fixes but the fact that they deliberately did not inform us about the state of the game is what makes me angry.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Can I ask what y'all mean about "not inform us about the state of the game"? The console version is NOT an alpha. It is a feature complete release that has bugs, that will be fixed, and possible (and likely) DLC that will include additional content. It is comparable to the PC's alpha-14, but not an alpha in itself.

I think it's important that y'all know that, so you can adjust your expectations accordingly.

The game has been patched once already, right? The 2nd patch has been made and is in "console certification/verification hell", and should come out this week.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    The game has been patched once already, right? The 2nd patch has been made and is in "console certification/verification hell", and should come out this week.
    Can you disclose what's in the upcoming patch?

please

Also, I do agree about how it's difficult to differentiate between "alpha" and "not alpha" in this case. The PC version is in alpha, and the console version is essentially just a port of a slightly older PC version, which was also an alpha, but although it's got some bugs, it does feel very much like a full game. I don't think the video game industry, in all its time in existence, has ever really had a big game like this that blurs the line so much between alpha and full release.

In my opinion, it shouldn't really matter whether it's an alpha or not. The game is fun, and yes, it has many bugs, but those will be fixed eventually. It's not made by some huge AAA developer with tons of staff, so it's not gonna come out of the gate looking and performing perfectly. In this instance at least, what you're paying for is the right to participate in an evolving product that will get better and have additional content added over time, whether you consider it an alpha or not.

And what does "alpha" really mean these days? Does it mean that the game is unfinished? What defines "unfinished"? Does it mean that the game has bugs? Plenty of games do. Does it mean that the game will have additional content added over time? Plenty of games do that as well. I think the industry's starting to kind of inch away from the approach where all the AAA companies release their perfect cookie-cutter games on a yearly basis to cater to the lowest common denominator, and we can expect smaller studios to start pushing out creative, refreshing games like this one. The catch is that they're not going to be perfect at first, but that's a small price to pay for a necessary change in the video game zeitgeist.
    Last edited by CharityDiary; 07-04-2016 at 01:57 AM.

Oh god, I wouldn't know. I just know that the next one is in limbo. I would hope it at LEAST includes the clint/miguel issues and addresses some of the FPS stutter. A lot of the "cannot connect to server" issues seem to be peoples misunderstanding that the game HAS servers, when in fact it is peer to peer, but I know they're considering adding a dedicated server so that should help a lot with that. What's in the next patch though? No clue, sorry.

All I can assure you of is the pimps desire to make the game great. That assurance comes from my years of playing the game, and watching them work nights, weekends, holidays to ensure bug fixes come out. Anecdotal, of course, but there's a reason why we PC gamers are so vehemently defending the Pimps on this... it's because they have yet to fail us. And we have seen some seriously game breaking issues.

Refugee
    Can I ask what y'all mean about "not inform us about the state of the game"? The console version is NOT an alpha. It is a feature complete release that has bugs, that will be fixed, and possible (and likely) DLC that will include additional content. It is comparable to the PC's alpha-14, but not an alpha in itself.

I think it's important that y'all know that, so you can adjust your expectations accordingly.

Here come's Guppy with his never-ending defense of the console version that no false advertising happened. Please Guppy, give it up. Nobody but your 2014 forum buddies agree with you.

Tracker
    All I can assure you of is the pimps desire to make the game great. That assurance comes from my years of playing the game, and watching them work nights, weekends, holidays to ensure bug fixes come out. Anecdotal, of course, but there's a reason why we PC gamers are so vehemently defending the Pimps on this... it's because they have yet to fail us. And we have seen some seriously game breaking issues.
    I've never played the game on PC, but from what I've seen in the last few days, I went from steaming mad that my save got corrupted, to extremely excited to see what TFP have in store for the game.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Emo Kills Best View Post
    I noticed your old thread got closed because of one person, which I think is ridiculous. I'm glad you reposted it though. I'm also glad that other people, and not just me, are upset by what they did. I don't think it's fair to customers that they straight up lied about their game. If they had given up a heads up that it was a glitchy alpha mess, I would of held off. People may say we could of researched the game, but we shouldn't have to when it's advertised on Xbox as a full release. At that point you've already won our trust. Not cool.

I posted a thread about how to get a refund, but I'll repost a summarized version here. Basically, go to XBox or Playstation chat or call their hotline, and just say the game was Falsely Advertised and they'll hand your money back in a heart beat. Tried this on Xbox and got my money back immediately, so I can't say the same for PS4 users, but give it a shot. Either way, post away about mislead sales.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one that was shocked a mod closed a whole thread because of a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylon23 View Post
    Here come's Guppy with his never-ending defense of the console version that no false advertising happened. Please Guppy, give it up. Nobody but your 2014 forum buddies agree with you.
    What false advertisement?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CharityDiary View Post
    I've never played the game on PC, but from what I've seen in the last few days, I went from steaming mad that my save got corrupted, to extremely excited to see what TFP have in store for the game.
    Yeh, I hope a lot of that trickles down to the Console port... unfortunately, Telltale and Iron Galaxy are in charge of that, so who knows. It sucks y'all aren't having as much fun on the console port as we are in the pc version. It's more than disappointing, even from my perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

...and I'm sorry if my facts get in the way of your rhetoric, Dlyon...

Quote Originally Posted by Dylon23 View Post
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one that was shocked a mod closed a whole thread because of a troll.
    We try to keep the forums clean from "youtube comment quality posts", which was where that thread was heading.