Thread: [IMPORTANT] PLEASE submit your Crash Dumps / CrashDumps

[IMPORTANT] PLEASE submit your Crash Dumps / CrashDumps

Hi all,

I know you get frustrated when your game crashes and often the instinct is to quit for a while, or just reboot. I'm here to encourage you to PLEASE submit Crash Dump / CrashDump when you experience a crash. We really do look at these and often they can contain vital info that can help with isolating and fixing a bug.

By this I mean when you are prompted to submit a report after a crash please do so giving a short summary in the bug title if you can.

Please do not report your bugs in this thread, use the sticky guide to create a NEW THREAD for them. As always, the more info you give me in the first post using the guide the better.

Thank you all for your patience,
    Clare

EDIT 1: For clarity over what submitting a crash dump / crashdump is

EDIT 2: Thank you Hellhound for pointing out "CrashDump or CrashDumps" is the alternative way to write this.
    Last edited by Clare; 07-26-2016 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi all,

I know you get frustrated when your game crashes and often the instinct is to quit for a while, or just reboot. I'm here to encourage you to PLEASE submit crash dumps when you experience a crash. We really do look at these and often they can contain vital info that can help with isolating and fixing a bug.

When it comes to the forums, all the info you give me does help, I am reading and working through them. I'm sorry if it takes a while to get to your post but I will get there. As always, the more info you give me in the first post using the guide the better.

Thank you all for your patience,
    Clare
    How do you submit them? Is it just the PS4 submit button or is their another option

Xbox one

How do you get the crash dump? The last two crashes went directly to the Xbox dashboard. The game had to be completely restarted. One happened with a controller connectivity problem. The other was while player 2 was destroying a car and player 1 was rebuilding a house placing wood frame blocks. How do we know its not Microsoft crashing instead of the game?

The controller connectivity problem (more user error than anything had a bad usb cord) we had corrupted a saved world. The other just crashed out and we were able to reload right back where we were.

Guys please do not report bugs in here. I'm sorry if the original message was unclear, but by crashdumps I mean when your games crash and you are prompted to submit a report.

Hellhound rightly pointed out that I was saying Crash Dumps instead of CrashDumps - Some of you may not be aware of the difference between the two, but CrashDump is an alternative was to put it, so I will now edit is as such.
    Last edited by Clare; 07-26-2016 at 10:55 AM.

Refugee

crashdumps

I Dont know what a crashdump is. It doesn't tell my my map is corrupted. It just loads and loads and loads to never be loaded again. Where do I report this? Who donibtalk to to fix this so I can play this game with no worries or get my money back? Something needs to happen soon like this week.

Syankypank81

A crash dump is a file created when your game crashes that is sent as a report to the company showing why you crashed, there is not one single cause for the crash so each dump submitted can help analyse what caused the crash. The teams look at all of these for information about issues.

On PS4 when you crash you often get an error code, prompting you to submit a report. This report sends the crash drump onto the team.
    On Xbox I dont think this is very common at all to happen.

From your comment above it sounds like you are experiencing the Building Environment hang, this is not a crash but the game failing to load so there will be not report generated anyway. This is a known issue that the team are currently working on issuing the fix for and will be released asap. Please hold onto your save file as the fix may be able to save your world.

If you wish to get a refund you need to contact the vendor from which you bought the game, I can't process refunds on my end.
    Thank you
    Clare

Closing this thread as people just cannot resist incorrectly posting bugs here. This thread is simply an informational announcement on what to do IF your console gives you an error and specifically prompts you submit a report. If you are getting crashes that do not prompt you to do anything then don't worry about it.

Thanks.