Thread: Weather effects

Refugee

Weather effects

The Thunder clap effects is awesome just need to add the lightning effect especially during night time which will lit up the land to expose zombies and hordes. Brighter the lightning the louder the thunder and it will scare the crap off you..

I already posted this on Console section by mistake so I figure I just post it here too..

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by possumcake View Post
    The Thunder clap effects is awesome just need to add the lightning effect especially during night time which will lit up the land to expose zombies and hordes. Brighter the lightning the louder the thunder and it will scare the crap off you..

I already posted this on Console section by mistake so I figure I just post it here too..
    In the last patch they lowered the thunder audio because it was ridiculously loud. Its fine now.

What would be nice is if you could actually see the rain. I have never actially seen the rain.

I know that graphics aren't this games strong point, but you should be able to see the rain.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Green Day View Post
    In the last patch they lowered the thunder audio because it was ridiculously loud. Its fine now.

What would be nice is if you could actually see the rain. I have never actially seen the rain.

I know that graphics aren't this games strong point, but you should be able to see the rain.
    I've seen rain, however it was very "thin" so to speak and against the right background. I hear what your saying, downpours where vision is altered or fog effect would be awesome. On the otherhand kudos to the team for flashlight effects, I mean I see dust particles!

Thunder-snow!

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_PeaCH View Post
    Thunder-snow!
    ^^ Win!

Quote Originally Posted by possumcake View Post

I have not seen or heard ANY storms...only weather we ever see is fog...

Zombie Hunter
    It rains a lot, but I've never seen the rain, the only indication I can find is the umbrella symbol to denote I am wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Green Day View Post
    I disagree with this. It should be like in real life, where it's subtle, foggy, and the ground is wet. Most games get this wrong by having super visible raindrops that look really weird. Watch_Dogs actually does this really well, it'd be cool to see this game take a similar approach.