Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [MOD] Portable Bags

Leader
    These work brilliant. Great idea. Just wondering is there a way i can be abke to have more then 1 of each in my backpack at all please.

Not without rewriting the code no. It is technically possible though.

Carlzilla... This is my favorite. Thank you for creating it and making my life better.

Updated with a bug fix today.

I overlooked the fact that while I was storing item quality, I wasn't storing item degradation...which led to fresh items every time you pulled them out of a portable bag. This oversight has been fixed, and you can no longer fully repair your used items by placing them into a bag and picking it up.

I also addressed an apparently rare bug where having a full inventory and a full toolbelt led to the bags disappearing. The mod is supposed to drop a block like any normal time an item/block can't be picked up if your bag and toolbelt are full, and in EVERY instance where I attempted to recreate the reported bug, I could not. However in order to address it I added a new property to the bags called NoPickupOnFull. If that's set to true, the game will simply display a message telling you that you can't pick up this bag and it won't turn it into a dropped block item. The default for this setting is false, so if you're not having this bug, just leave it alone...if you are effected, set the NoPickupOnFull to true in the DuffelBgas.xml file, just like that, capitalization is important here and rebuild with SDX.

Updated again.

When I updated to fix the repair bug, it only worked on tools, it still allowed you to repair guns over and over again, this is fixed now.

The only report I've been unable to fix right now, is the fact that all ammo left in guns stored in a portable bag will be lost...so unload those magazines. So far this appears to be unavoidable, as I'm unable to query the magazine count and haven't been able to figure out a workaround. This may or may not change in the future...but for now, there's nothing I can do, so don't report it, I'm aware, I'm working on it...but so far all attempts to fix it have been unsuccessful.

Apparently my last update broke something, so I've updated again.

Hopefully this one works.

Hunter
    Not sure if anyone else has reported to you on using it in multiplayer but doesn't appear to work for me and my friends. The blocks can be made and placed and items stored in them but everything vanishes when picked up and placed again.

Tried a few ways with 2 players. Placed own bags and put items in them and picked them up and replaced them, as well as someone else placing and filling bags and first player picking them up replacing.

This was on client server and a multiplayer lan game. Don't know if running a dedicated server would make a difference.

Not sure. I don't ever play multiplayer, and have no way to test these on a multiplayer server, so if they don't work on multi, they probably won't ever work on multi. I don't use multiplayer enough to make it a priority for me to take care of.

Thanks for letting me know though, since without reports like this, I'd have no idea.

Hunter
    that's fine, I just noticed one of your earlier posts had mentioned you you were curious if it was working in MP after someone else inquired. Thought I'd let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Orphen View Post
    that's fine, I just noticed one of your earlier posts had mentioned you you were curious if it was working in MP after someone else inquired. Thought I'd let you know.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlzilla View Post
    This mod adds bags that can be loaded with stuff then picked up and carried around. You can have one bag of each bag type in your inventory at any given time. Currently there are four bag types: Duffel Bags (50 slots), Spots Bags (36 slots), Back Packs (25 slots), and Purses (16 slots). This means that with one of each bag, you can carry up to 163 stacks of items (167 total slots - 4 slots for carrying the bags).

The bags will save their inventories between plays, but due to this, the mod probably won't work very well in multiplayer. You can try it, but it's not tested or supported.

Bag types are unlocked by purchasing levels in the luggage perk.

Download:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?fgyba5ghibhg2at
    update link

Link works fine for me.

Refugee
    First of all, Great work. i just want to ask something, is this compatible with the new experimental alpha 15?

thanks =)

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraximoto View Post
    First of all, Great work. i just want to ask something, is this compatible with the new experimental alpha 15?

thanks =)
    no it isnt. as sdx will need to be updated to a15 first and i dont think they will waste their time updating on a experimental then have to redo it when full release is out.

They work in A15 with no real changes.

However, you'll need to make the manual changes to SDXCore that I posted in the SDX thread in order to get SDX to work at all.