Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Creative Kills

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by AirFalco1 View Post
    How do you deal with the cop zombies and their ranged / explosive attack
    Like other zombies they will go up and fall and as soon as they fall they climb the ladder again, therefore they won't attack you (at least it used to be in some versions ago), the top of the tower also isn't that much higher than my base roof to give them incentive to climb. Also the wall is metal trussing and iron bars so you'll be able to shoot them as they go up (or just holes if I don't have any guns yet)

Refugee

Sock

Running ankle biters over with a minibike is always good fun.

Another good one, build a pillar out of weakish material. At least 4 blocks high, then build a platform, like a roof without walls. At night the zombies will break the pillar to try and get to you and the platform will fall and take em out. And you walk away without a scratch.

There's also something extremely satisfying about shooting a bee down from way up in the air with a crossbow.
    Just adding that one in there.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah blah blah View Post
    There's also something extremely satisfying about shooting a bee down from way up in the air with a crossbow.
    Just adding that one in there.
    It's quite fun with a Bow and Arrow as well https://youtu.be/Tx1RRLkqc8I?t=1248

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPen View Post
    Another unrelated time, I accidentally cut the arms off a Zombie. We thought it was funny and cute so we completely de-limbed him. A long trek to our base and a giant steel cage later we had a pet. Well the pet got lonely, so we trapped 3 more in the same cage.

We didn't know it at the time but our pets DO eventually die. (we even let them bite us to keep them fed.) Legolass, Ted and Jennifer all died of blood loss.
    Thats pretty interesting, I image they bleed to death lol. I once had the same idea (zombie pet) and I captured one with rock ('stone').
    I then left him alone for a while and when I returned he had magically disappeared leaving no exit holes :'(
    Last edited by Leafsomniac; 08-06-2016 at 02:18 PM. Reason: stoopid typos

I was lucky enough to be chopping down a zombie seeking tree.... https://youtu.be/rvQSj359UqY

Banned
    It might not be very creative, but I learned that candy tin mines can be placed on the tip of log spikes. I'm either going to call it the Paroxysmal Thagomizer, or the Ouchie Boomie.

Refugee
    Hey all. Not sure if this has been posted before but I created a great zombie trap.

I dug out a deepish pit about 10x10 and 8 down. Then I lined it with concrete. Next my mate and I lured a bear back to our stronghold and managed to get him in the pit. Just as we were celebrating a mini horde of around 5 walkers showed up, so we led them into the pit and let the bear do the work for us. We just stood on the edge watching the bear mauling them. Will be interesting to see if the bear will respawn somewhere else. Might need a few bears for the horde tho.

We have a few other ideas that we are working on too.

Cheers.

Refugee

Bad timing

My wife was playing. Changed the channel on her. She didnt pause and came back to see a bear eating her face

i noticed since the bears attack the zombies, any time i find one, i always build a wall of re-enforced wood frames and throw ladders on there, hit the bear with a arrom, and start drawing the dead in xD good source of loot , and laughs

Colony Founder
    Well... Head shot my wife and then then a zombie behind her with back to back head shots. Felt like Legolas who just said "oops!". totally a coop game with the only PK for weeks in game... My nephew resolved that with his apt use of pipe bombs... When we realized that the pipe bomb dropping at your feet bug waaaaaaaaasn't quite perfect yet...

Reconstructionist
    A Plan for tomorrow, hoard 27 and I have over 100 fuel barrels, plan is to Nerd Pole up 3 or 4 blocks a stick a barrel on top, hoping it will kill zombies and not do block damage (I don't want to patch in Craters). I think it might work like a Fuel Air Bomb, shock wave does the killing! Also might try placing a land mine next to them to work as a trigger or I can shoot them as needed. Anyone ever try this?

Zombie Hunter
    I'm intreaged.

Banned
    I'd suggest placing doors under the red barrels.

I'm thinking about building a zombie cannon on top of a cliff and measuring how far I can launch them.
    I'll use doors to lead them up stairs to a drop chute into a holding chamber. Getting them to stay in the chamber without jamming the steel barrel-tunnel will be the tricky part. Behind them will be the fuel charges, with built in grate to light the fuse with a rifle.

If I get the geometry right, I could make it rain.

Reconstructionist
    Another Method, I have tons of Tree seeds, I going to surround my base and chop till one left for it to fall, one gun shoot to bring them down on Zeds!

Hunter