Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: 7DTD Darwin Awards

Zombie Hunter
    Inside the blackness of my skull, uh where is the way out?
    In the current world me and my sisiter are playing I went treasure hunting and one of the chests was int he wasteland, so I thought ok, then lets be carefull, crept slowly along got to the point on the map of the chest but ran out of time. built a platform attatched to a ruin, cooked the meat I had got on the way then thought, lets put some spikes around the camp, and BOOM! invisble mine in the ground texture.

Respawned grabbed so beer a shotgun and ammo and set out once more, got there, got my stuff, found the chest and was on my way back, literally 2 blocks to go to get out the wasteland BOOOOOOOOOM Me : "OH COME ON!"

Since then everytime I get one spwaning in the wasteland I have been digging safe channels through the wasteland and revealing the mines as I go, takes a while and the wasteland is getting criss crossed with safe paths but if thats how I get my treasure, then thats how I do it.

Same game and during a horde night shooting a cop, sniper needed to reload, cop blew me up cos I was not far enough away:/

Refugee
    Maybe not exactly a Darwin Award, but a weird death anyway.
    Started a map, worked through the quests at the beginning and headed for the trader, no problem. Found some plants to harvest (blueberries? corn? I don't even remember) inside the trader's fortress, but when I picked one, the ground collapsed under me and I fell into a cave full of water. More like a pit, really. The sides were virtually vertical. There was no place to jump/climb out. Anywhere else on the map, and I could have dug a ramp, or placed some wooden frames or something to climb out, but since I was inside the trader's area, I couldn't do anything. There was no way out... except one. I jumped into the water and sank until I was dead.
    Kinda annoying because my backpack was full of stuff I'd been scavenging, but there was no way to retrieve it.
    A little later in that same map I was exploring a hotel, and parts of it started collapsing just from me walking around, and nearly killed me there too.
    I ended up trashing that game and starting over with a different seed.

Refugee
    When I made my first pipe bomb I was going to scare my brother with it, I proceeded to follow him with the pipe bomb in hand, lit thinking it wouldn't explode till after I threw it. I said "hey will, look what I got!" And halfway through him turning around I exploded and died, he was badly injured but turned around to my backpack laying in a small crater. We thought it was hilarious and laughed about it for the rest of the night.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaFox93 View Post
    When I made my first pipe bomb I was going to scare my brother with it, I proceeded to follow him with the pipe bomb in hand, lit thinking it wouldn't explode till after I threw it. I said "hey will, look what I got!" And halfway through him turning around I exploded and died, he was badly injured but turned around to my backpack laying in a small crater. We watch giro d'italia live online free was hilarious and laughed about it for the rest of the night.
    Cool story!
    Last edited by gerbert; 02-21-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Survivor
    Once upon a time I was building a base and a car was in the area so I decided to get rid of it by hitting it with my pickaxe.

It was at that moment, I knew, I f***** up.

Tracker
    Dropping my last unused molotov to make room for a much needed mod during a 7 day horde, catching myself on fire and not realizing it as I'm looking for space to get the other stuff in the loot bag after making sure I'd secured the mod.

Nomad
    I was looting a POI, the one that's the shanty town of sorts. I knew about the mines guarding the gun safe, so I very carefully crouched, pulled out my trusty wrench and tried to dismantle it.

I don't know if you can harvest mines, but I do know you can't do it with a wrench.

You need a quality 6 wrench.

Survivor
    Exploring a house, I got mobbed on the upper story and decided to jump across the big hole in the floor for safety.
    As I became airborne, I saw landmines on the other side of the gap and realized my aim was "perfect".

Nomad
    So not quite a Darwin Award, but I'm obviously not learning as I've now died 3 times to mines (out of 5 from memory).

I was following the road through a Wasteland and it ended. I decided to bee line to my base and I carefully rode my minibike off road. I spied one mine which I was well clear of, and I was riding forward slowly.

I exploded. I saved the footage and I still can't see the mine.

I was about 2km from home, so that was a long run back, and then another long run home after finding that my minibike suffered enough damage that it wasn't ridable.

Annoyingly, I've died twice now within a day of horde day, which I suspect is going to blunt the strength of it.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCervelo View Post
    I don't know if you can harvest mines, but I do know you can't do it with a wrench.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    You need a quality 6 wrench.
    I tried with a 576 and a 600 wrench :
    If I hit R2, the mine just explode as you hit it as if hitting a snail with a hammer.
    If I hit L2, nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong please ?

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by irjvik View Post
    I tried with a 576 and a 600 wrench :
    If I hit R2, the mine just explode as you hit it as if hitting a snail with a hammer.
    If I hit L2, nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong please ?
    I do not think you can pick up landmines anymore. I believe you could at one time, but I think they changed that in an update. I do not believe you can pick up a landmine in console any more. Once of the reasons to avoid the wastelands, along with dogs.

Scavenger
    Wrenching landmines is a long standing joke just to get people to try it, don't do it!
    Last edited by PO_Man_3849; 1 Week Ago at 10:16 PM. Reason: Auto correct...

Tracker
    You can pick up mines by hitting alt-F4.

edited...
    Oh, duh, sorry, this joke only works on a pc... please ignore.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by btabin View Post
    That's how I died my very first time playing. Damn Army Recon Camp was too enticing not to investigate it.
    I made it into the Recon Camp via the north entrance and went out the south only to step on a land mine leaving the camp.