Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 7DTD Darwin Awards

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyeballpaul View Post
    I think I'm entitled for an award for been stuck on the building environment screen for the past week !
    but did you die? lol

(and sorry, that sucks, I really hope that gets fixed sooner rather than later)

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeballpaul View Post
    I think I'm entitled for an award for been stuck on the building environment screen for the past week !
    Yes, you are. A Darwin award does not require death only that you remove yourself from the (game's) gene pool so you definitely qualify. =)

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Yes, you are. A Darwin award does not require death only that you remove yourself from the (game's) gene pool so you definitely qualify. =)
    dagnabbit, won on a technicality!
    +1

Refugee

My epic accidental suicide....

I had just got the book to make the exploding crossbow bolt. I was super excited to try it out, I didn't have a target and it was my first time using the crossbow. I decided to shot the bolt straight up into the air, not entirely sure why I did but I did. Anyway after shooting it I just stood in the same spot looking at my inventory or something not really thinking about the bolt I had just fired. Next thing I know I'm flying up into the air dead because the bolt had fallen to the ground and exploded next to me.....server announcement that I had died, my best friend says over vent....."you blew yourself up didn't you" I was laughing so hard I couldn't even answer for like 2 min.

It was so epic and yet so obvious that my friend who wasn't anywhere near me knew exactly what I had done.

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by sukuyan.the.fallen View Post
    I had just got the book to make the exploding crossbow bolt. I was super excited to try it out, I didn't have a target and it was my first time using the crossbow. I decided to shot the bolt straight up into the air, not entirely sure why I did but I did. Anyway after shooting it I just stood in the same spot looking at my inventory or something not really thinking about the bolt I had just fired. Next thing I know I'm flying up into the air dead because the bolt had fallen to the ground and exploded next to me.....server announcement that I had died, my best friend says over vent....."you blew yourself up didn't you" I was laughing so hard I couldn't even answer for like 2 min.

It was so epic and yet so obvious that my friend who wasn't anywhere near me knew exactly what I had done.
    HAHAHAHA love it.... 7dtd lawn darts!

What goes up must come down. =)

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by griffapotomous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    What goes up must come down. =)
    I totally deserved my death no denying that and it was the funniest stuff I've seen in a long time. My body flew up in the air and I dropped like a sack of potatoes. I shouldn't have just stood there but I honestly didn't think about the fact that the arrow would come back down and land right where I was standing....it never even crossed my mind until the point that I was dead and flying through the air. ROFLMAO

Being chased across the map by a pack of ferals with a busted leg was no fun, thought I could be sneaky and get away by crossing a lake only to end up bleeding out and drowning at the same time!

Survivor
    Day 21 Horde - first attempt at the use of Pipe Bombs - proceeded to blow my self up twice as somehow threw the Pipe Bomb at my feet

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder4879 View Post
    Day 21 Horde - first attempt at the use of Pipe Bombs - proceeded to blow my self up twice as somehow threw the Pipe Bomb at my feet
    Eek! sorry Pathfinder, that might be a bug, I know certain types of blocks (wood frames and rebar frames especially) can cause the pipebomb to hit a "wall" and land on your toes!
    Sorry!
    The team is aware of it though so hopefully you can go back to blowing zombies up instead of yourself soon!

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic! lol

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Eek! sorry Pathfinder, that might be a bug, I know certain types of blocks (wood frames and rebar frames especially) can cause the pipebomb to hit a "wall" and land on your toes!
    Sorry!
    The team is aware of it though so hopefully you can go back to blowing zombies up instead of yourself soon!
    Is it a bug when they balance on iron railings, cos I might umm, know someone that happened to

Survivor
    Sorry!
    Ah that makes sense wasn't aware of that bug, thought i was just being thick lol

Refugee
    There's a few times I could have won an award like this. Once I was mining, had a huge cave in and a bunch of rock's fall on my head; THAT didn't kill me, but on the same world in a different spot on a different day, one piece of sand hit my face and instantly killed me.

Another time a "small stone" (the ones you can pick up) fell on me and decided to claim my soul. Both times I was at full health lol.

The third time is admittedly my fault as well. Saw a bird's best and got excited ( I love playing with arrows and not bullets ), I went to go loot didn't check around and in a matter of 3.2 seconds ( the time to search an untouched container) I started to get mauled by a giant bear. This game has some scary moments, but that bear made me leap outta my chair and stub my toe (i kicked my tv stand on accident) all at the same time. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPen View Post
    There's a few times I could have won an award like this. Once I was mining, had a huge cave in and a bunch of rock's fall on my head; THAT didn't kill me, but on the same world in a different spot on a different day, one piece of sand hit my face and instantly killed me.

Another time a "small stone" (the ones you can pick up) fell on me and decided to claim my soul. Both times I was at full health lol.

The third time is admittedly my fault as well. Saw a bird's best and got excited ( I love playing with arrows and not bullets ), I went to go loot didn't check around and in a matter of 3.2 seconds ( the time to search an untouched container) I started to get mauled by a giant bear. This game has some scary moments, but that bear made me leap outta my chair and stub my toe (i kicked my tv stand on accident) all at the same time. Lol
    I'm concerned about who you might be playing with that's dropping killer stones on your head....

I'm a bow and arrow player myself, I've often not checked around me when I spot a nest. Sometimes I do though, and try to risk it anyway, it rarely ends well. I've given up on chasing chickens, they often run me around near zombies which is fine until I catch it and then suddenly I'm holding delicious meat and everyone decides to look at me =/

- - - Updated - - -

Is it a bug when they balance on iron railings, cos I might umm, know someone that happened to
    Your character may need to be put in a padded cell for its own safety at this stage =/

Zombie Hunter
    Your character may need to be put in a padded cell for its own safety at this stage =/
    It wouldn't help, put ole Griffo in a padded cell on top of a mountain, on a tower, with no water, and he'd probably find a way to drown