Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Coppi MOD - New features

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmar View Post
    Awesome! You have my thanks. How easy would it be to add other similar variables of that? such as pblock target 1 will set the targeted block as position 1 rather than your player position.
    Target block you mean a block that a player is looking at or with selection to place a block? If is it, i dont know if is possible, because this kind of information is on client side, and most of informations we have are from server side. I will take a look at it, but no promisse that would be able.

A variable would be even better. Especially handy if server memory is not a concern - such as playing dedicated just for the sake of building prefabs with this mod. I can see why it could be a worry on a multiplayer server however where memory is more valuable. Having it a customization variable sounds perfect. Would such a variable be adjustable with an in-game command?
    Also, thanks again. I look forward to the next version.
    Exactly, like setUndoHistory 3 on console

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by wsummon2004 View Post
    Hi I've encounter problem on players color text, some of the players will lost the colors after server reboot

It only happens if the server is shutdowned incorrectly (without command shutdown)

Quote Originally Posted by danilocoppi View Post
    Target block you mean a block that a player is looking at or with selection to place a block? If is it, i dont know if is possible, because this kind of information is on client side, and most of informations we have are from server side. I will take a look at it, but no promisse that would be able.
    That was the idea, yes. I assumed it would be doable as the F3 menu shows you the "target block coords". I did not realize that was a client-only thing. In hindsight, it makes sense that it would be. What about a variable that tells it to set the spot beneath the players feet? So rather than be the space the player is currently it will be the block the player is standing on. This would mean we wouldn't have to no-clip through the floor or dig out a hole to get our character positioned to make the "perfect selection". If that makes sense.

Either way its not a big deal. Was just a suggestion. I love what you've done so far and appreciate that you're open to feedback on the matter.
    Last edited by Valmar; 07-19-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Refugee
    New Version Released

Version 2.2 (2016.07.19) - https://youtu.be/vEMH3CR4tPU
    - Created Commando setpundosize to define how many pundo you want to store when working with prefabs.
    - Changed pundo to get store multiples histories, as defined on setpundosize.
    - Pblock now is possible to define position p1 and then p2 with <block type> to fill places with blocks. And its possible to make continuos walls.
    - Fixed cpc to set Empty color when FFFFFF is set on a player. To avoid appears FFFFFF on logs.
    - Physics now is stored in persistent data, so if your server has py off, when you reboot the py will loaded back.

Another possible suggestion, just for a little "quality of life" tweak:

prender <prefab_file_name> <rot> <depth>

so
    prender MYPREFAB 0 -1

Will spawn the prefab on your location, with the 0 rotation, and one block deep. Or elevated up one block, if the number is not negative. If no number assigned then it defaults to 0 which would be as it is now.

Also mighty thanks for the update. Looking forward to playing around with it and feeling like a madman with the power of god. Walls, walls everywhere.

Refugee
    Another possible suggestion, just for a little "quality of life" tweak:

prender <prefab_file_name> <rot> <depth>

so
    prender MYPREFAB 0 -1

Will spawn the prefab on your location, with the 0 rotation, and one block deep. Or elevated up one block, if the number is not negative. If no number assigned then it defaults to 0 which would be as it is now.

Also mighty thanks for the update. Looking forward to playing around with it and feeling like a madman with the power of god. Walls, walls everywhere.
    Done!

Version 2.3 (2016.07.19b) https://youtu.be/cEwk-jbdzDc
    - Changed the prender to accept depth parameter.

Wow that was fast! You're awesome.

Done!

Version 2.3 (2016.07.19b) https://youtu.be/cEwk-jbdzDc
    - Changed the prender to accept depth parameter.
    Wow that was fast! You're awesome.
    Mod changes and a YouTube video showing it in about an hour.

+1 Rep!

New Version Released

Version 2.2 (2016.07.19) - https://youtu.be/vEMH3CR4tPU
    - Created Commando setpundosize to define how many pundo you want to store when working with prefabs.
    - Changed pundo to get store multiples histories, as defined on setpundosize.
    - Pblock now is possible to define position p1 and then p2 with <block type> to fill places with blocks. And its possible to make continuos walls.
    - Fixed cpc to set Empty color when FFFFFF is set on a player. To avoid appears FFFFFF on logs.
    - Physics now is stored in persistent data, so if your server has py off, when you reboot the py will loaded back.
    Only now watched the video. I know you mentioned the "continuous walls" bit but I didn't think anything of it at the time as I was too eager to get in and use the new pblock p1/p2 features.

Let me just say: wow. I thought building walls was made easy before? Hah. This is incredibly awesome.

Is it possible for pblock to have a "replace" function?

Such as
    pblock replace cobblestoneBlock flagstoneBlock

Usage:
    Replaces all cobblestoneBlock in the current selection with flagstoneBlock.

I have a request, if possible, either for Valmar or Coppi. I like using the in-game letter blocks to write out stuff on the walls (like "Welcome to Barren Realms" or whatever). Would it be possible "write" using pblock? For example, place a line of letters against an existing wall (or a new wall). For example, "/ptext welcome" and it places the letters in that order.

Smeg: this might also be something your bot can do as well.

Coppi: how does the mod currently react if the save folder doesn't exist, or is read-only? I have seen this with some game server hosts. It can also happen if the file is currently open by another process. You may want to include an option to change the folder (and make sure it doesn't crash if the current folder is read-only). It might be safer to use the Mods folder instead.

Also, does the cpc command still verify the Steam ID if only the player name or entity ID is specified?
    Last edited by Soylent; 07-20-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Another quick suggestion. Would it be possible for prender to default rotation to 0 if no rotation is assigned?

Yet another quick suggestion:

could the pdup remember what it was last duplicated? I was dupping the top of some towers the and kept getting the past off by like one or two blocks and had to undo. But each time I did that I also had to go back and copy the top again because I couldn't just pundo and pdup over and over again up I got it right.

If that makes sense.

Yet another quick suggestion:

could the pdup remember what it was last duplicated? I was dupping the top of some towers the and kept getting the past off by like one or two blocks and had to undo. But each time I did that I also had to go back and copy the top again because I couldn't just pundo and pdup over and over again up I got it right.

If that makes sense.
    I'm coding my bot (server manager) to support that sort of thing. All block commands go into a database so recall is easy.

I've been a bit busy so I still only have basic support but you can use pblock and move the block up and down. Later I'll add horizontal movement, rotation, resizing and a few crazy ideas like block follow (it locks position relative to you and will follow you) and a giant platform game with moving blocks (gonna have it remove 1 end and add to the other rather than redo the whole block).
    Last edited by Smegzor; 07-21-2016 at 11:36 PM.

Really nice work here Coppi.
    I've wanted to get my hands on the rendering commands since UberFox demonstrated it.
    I've just installed, and apart from the change to tcch behaviour which killed our chathooks, the install went flawlessly.
    I'm gonna play with the new rendering commands.
    Man! BASE COPY AND PASTE!
    Someone pinch me

Would it be possible to get a command to put items in a secure chest?
    With the ability to remove items, and the ability to add items, secure trading would be possible.
    Nom Nom