Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [XBOX and PS4] A Note About Multiplayer Issues

[XBOX and PS4] A Note About Multiplayer Issues

Just to help clear the air about the way Multiplayer is run, as some bug reports coming in are due to the nature of multiplayer.

Many of the bug reports about infinite loading screens, being kicked from a game, not able to return and unable to find my saved game are simply due to the fact that some players are joining random games online and don't know the player hosting the game.

If you join a game without knowing the host and that host decides to quit their game it kicks everyone else and they cannot join until the host decides to play again. The game is only saved to the host's console so if the host deletes the game or just never returns to it then those players' progress is basically lost so please be aware of this if you wish to join a random game.

The console multiplayer gameplay is designed to be played with friends you know and can coordinate with.
    Joining a random online game is extremely risky. You have no control over your data or of ever being able to play that world again. It is completely up to the host.

I hope that helps with some issues people are having, I know a lot of your are still having issues with kicking anyway, but I just wanted to highlight this area of it.
    Clare

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Just to help clear the air about the way Multiplayer is run, as some bug reports coming in are due to the nature of multiplayer.

Many of the bug reports about infinite loading screens, being kicked from a game, not able to return and unable to find my saved game are simply due to the fact that some players are joining random games online and don't know the player hosting the game.

If you join a game without knowing the host and that host decides to quit their game it kicks everyone else and they cannot join until the host decides to play again. The game is only saved to the host's console so if the host deletes the game or just never returns to it then those players' progress is basically lost so please be aware of this if you wish to join a random game.

The console multiplayer gameplay is designed to be played with friends you know and can coordinate with.
    Joining a random online game is extremely risky. You have no control over your data or of ever being able to play that world again. It is completely up to the host.

I hope that helps with some issues people are having, I know a lot of your are still having issues with kicking anyway, but I just wanted to highlight this area of it.
    Clare

Thank you clare, I've had to explain this numerous times to people through my different media. Also, console users, don't think pc has servers as a one up on you, it works the same way on pc, the server host can decide to shut down, kick or wipe the map without your knowledge. in any game like this its ALWAYS best to play with close friends on a closed server.

RIP sodosopa

Refugee

I don't think that's right, game kicks at other times too

Quote Originally Posted by skippy0330 View Post
    Thank you clare, I've had to explain this numerous times to people through my different media. Also, console users, don't think pc has servers as a one up on you, it works the same way on pc, the server host can decide to shut down, kick or wipe the map without your knowledge. in any game like this its ALWAYS best to play with close friends on a closed server.

RIP sodosopa

So I play this game with my family, we have 4 Xbox's in our game room and we get kicked from the game on a pretty regular basis. Sometimes we can't join each other's games either. Sometimes I even get kicked when I'm playing by myself because everyone got tired of having to join my game again after getting kicked out a few times.

This seems to be an unresolved issue with the game and not just due to people joining random servers or games.

Beefcake

Refugee

Xbox one setup?

Claire

Can you advise.
    How i setup a private game on Xbox One?

I cant connect to game with a friend and vice versa?

Do you have a recommendation on configure setup?
    Wifi or Lan?

I havent managed to find any server games as yet?

Can yiu give me some advise anyone?

Help

Mr Smythe

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post

Clare

Refugee

Multiplayer Game

I was playing in my world with my friends for weeks we got to day 35 kept getting blue ps4 errors that force close the game and eventually corrupted my save data and automatically deleted my world. There was 3 of my friends and me in the game the time it corrupted there was 4 errors in 10 minutes. We avoided the characters Clint, Miguel and Hank because i heard they glitch the game. I have spend the last few weeks on this world i was going for the 1000 score in a game trophy i got to about 798 kills 0 deaths before the game corrupted. I did upload the save data to ONLINE STORAGE on ps4 i have tried deleting the game downloading the save data again and reinstalling the game but its still not showing up the world is still deleted. Is there a way to recover it considering i have the save in online storage?

Refugee

bugs!!!!!

I've made 3! Yes 3 mini bikes and everytime I drive them my system crashes and when I go back into the game my minibike is gone. Like there's no finding it and I'm on day 67 and there is so much lag. It's getting annoying I'm going to have to just restart. When will this be fixed? When is the update suppose to happen? Don't get me wrong I love the game! It's just very aggravating when you loose really good stuff and it being from the game. Is the Xbox one version a beta? Or is that it? I'm hoping you guys will fix this. Please respond.

Game runs stable enough solo. Still laggy and stutters alot but playable. With one friend, It's still playable. The occasional crash here or there. Lagginess and stuttering is more frequent. Now with 2 buddies? All bets are off here. Do not ride mini bikes. They will be lost. I repeat, Do not ride you mini bikes. They will be lost. The game crashes very often for me when their is 3 of us in game. 7 times (no exaggeration) last night within 1 hour. Have yet to try with 4 as it's risky enough with 3...

Upload your save files to the cloud frequently. If the game crashes, load up the game and make sure your save file was not corrupted. If it wasn't, immediately close the game and upload them before booting back in to play. If it was currupted? Close the game and delete your local save file. You have to delete the local files first (after the crash the game says it deleted it, but it only deletes it from the game not the system) otherwise the game will not recognize your back ups for some reason. Once thats done now download the save files from the cloud and boot the game back up. Hopefully your previous back up wasn't too long ago playtime wise.
    Last edited by faaeng; 07-22-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Refugee

Angry Major Bike Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Purrone View Post
    I've made 3! Yes 3 mini bikes and everytime I drive them my system crashes and when I go back into the game my minibike is gone. Like there's no finding it and I'm on day 67 and there is so much lag. It's getting annoying I'm going to have to just restart. When will this be fixed? When is the update suppose to happen? Don't get me wrong I love the game! It's just very aggravating when you loose really good stuff and it being from the game. Is the Xbox one version a beta? Or is that it? I'm hoping you guys will fix this. Please respond.
    Well i say welcome to 7 days to die i've had 12 bikes disappear from crashes 6 were mine and 6 were being used by other players. everytime the game crashes with someone on a bike it's a 50/50 chance it's gone and 100% if the screen freezes before crashing. im on day 193 so its really annoying to keep replacing bikes when your running out of parts especially baskets. O man am I tired of that crap. Lets not also forget how this recent patch has made no improvements that I can see. the insult of we improved the lighting NO you didn't it's horrible now, if it wasn't broken don't fix it. NEXT FPS LAG don't get me started what ever is causing this is causing crashes. so far this last patch has done nothing but mess the game up n make it unplayable. really sad to because i really enjoy this game when it's not busted. please next time when you make a patch don't call it the cure when it's really just a placebo.

Refugee

Cool Broken Friendly Fire

(XBox1) I have been hosting a private multiplayer session with friends. We always play with friendly fire turned off. But during a hoard night we had one player accidentally kill another with an exploding crossbow bolt. We then tested it off hoard night, and once again the explosive bolts splash damage will kill another player even though the friendly fire option is selected not to.

Not sure if this is a bug or a design. But figured I would bring it up.
    Last edited by Snodacious; 08-15-2016 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Forgot to put the system

Scavenger
    Lol by now with the way random kicks happen people should know by now that it's hosted based off the player who created the map. The only issue people should be having are random individuals who join other players games just to mess up what they've done. I've had this problem myself from people just looking to cause chaos.

The only issue right now is the fact that many of us can't play with our friends on our maps or theirs due to whatever happened in that last patch. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxreigns View Post
    Lol by now with the way random kicks happen people should know by now that it's hosted based off the player who created the map. The only issue people should be having are random individuals who join other players games just to mess up what they've done. I've had this problem myself from people just looking to cause chaos.

The only issue right now is the fact that many of us can't play with our friends on our maps or theirs due to whatever happened in that last patch. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
    I am having the same problems. Never had a problem until after the last update.

Refugee

Really aggravating

Quote Originally Posted by Oxreigns View Post

Seriously though can't join my friends games, and they can't join mine it takes me 30 minutes to get into a game with friends only to be booted 5 mins later. Really like this game please fix this soon.

Scavenger

No news

Any news on about fixing the game that is broken really you can give us a update on what you people are tring to do instead of coming out with skins for the game you got to fix it first

Refugee

PS4 Local

I am interested in any information on system linking or LAN that doesn't require going through PlayStation Network.

Refugee

Stuck at day 217

Clare, I hope this is a good way to contact you. The game is great and I know you aware of most of the issues i am having with it. But there is one issue i have not read about on a forum yet. The issue is that my friend and I are currently at day 220 on the xbox one, but for some reason when the game crashes it will take us back to day 217. It doesnt always take us back when we crash. But it has happened twice in about 12 hours. We have made it to day 224 and it crashed multiples time before then. But one random crash was the one that took us back to day 217. I know the team is working on the issues but can you please respond so we know our issue is atleast being noticed? We plan on putting tons of time into this game because it has a lot if potential, there is just some game ruining issues that NEED to be worked on.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Jfarace609; 08-30-2016 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Missed and important detail.