Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: [XBOX and PS4] A Note About Multiplayer Issues

Refugee

Multiplayer Game Save Glitch

Two friends and I have a game we all play together on. However, we will get 50 days into a game and suddenly their game saves will get destroyed and they get started out at level 1. We have played multiple maps and this happens every time.
    Anyone know of a fix or have this happen?

Scavenger
    The miltplayer of the game still has alot of issues not as bad as it once was but even when you know the person you still get kicked out. When you are hosting the game yourself you either crash back to dashboard or the game kicks you back to the main tiyle screen iam sure this has been said alot my question is this why havent they fixed this yet.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by darklight666 View Post
    The miltplayer of the game still has alot of issues not as bad as it once was but even when you know the person you still get kicked out. When you are hosting the game yourself you either crash back to dashboard or the game kicks you back to the main tiyle screen iam sure this has been said alot my question is this why havent they fixed this yet.
    The reason may be the bug is hard to identify as there can great many reasons the game bugs out , that and its not prevalent to all players i have yet to have an issue playing MP and a most of my friend are in the same boat , none of us have had any MP issues so it seems to be isolated to very circumstantial environment, that makes it hard to pin down because people aren't reporting the bug with great detail , they usually just whine and ask when its going to be fixed , give as much detail about the server the settings , your router , your nat type , the console your on and your ISP . this may help the team figure out what is causing the problem . a bug cannot be fixed until it can be recreated to test it, so if you an identify how to recreate the MP issues and send those detail to the team it might get fixed considerably faster than if you just vent and ask "when is it gonna be fixed " . updates for the game have come out like clock work almost monthly so practice some patients
    Last edited by Jon Dillinger; 01-16-2017 at 11:25 AM. Reason: typos lots of typos

Quote Originally Posted by asl fateddavis View Post
    Hey Brandon
    I had the same issue until I reset my imac address on the Xbox
    Go to all settings
    Network
    Network settings
    Test your network connection
    Then test your multiplayer connection
    Now go to advance settings
    Alternate mac address
    Then press clear
    Your Xbox will automatically shut down and restart
    After I done this I've had no trouble for a good few hours
    Hope this helps ��
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Thank you for posting this information, I shall let the team know this works for some users as it may give a clue to what the problem is, and I will post your instructions with credit to you in the confirmed bugs section.
    We have been doing the cache clear via alternate Mac for some time. Although stability of the game has drastically increased, we find these results:

2 players on Online Multiplayer both with open NAT (My 100mb fiber and friends 3mb cable) can play for some time (hours normally without an issue)
    3 players on Online Multiplayer all with open NAT (my 100mb fiber, friends 3mb cable we are fine, 3rd friend 60mb cable kicked after an hour or two and unable to rejoin)
    Seems to us that whomever is the 3rd person gets the worst issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    Two friends and I have a game we all play together on. However, we will get 50 days into a game and suddenly their game saves will get destroyed and they get started out at level 1. We have played multiple maps and this happens every time.
    Anyone know of a fix or have this happen?
    I had this happen to me for the first time this past weekend, we were not too far into a session, day 7ish, but I had been a busy beaver in those 7 game days and had weapons over 300 and tools over 300!
    (Not a difficult feat!)
    I was then kicked from the game (100mb fiber, open NAT, regular cache clearer and regular full quit of games upon ending)
    Tried to load back in 3 or 4 times and when I did finally get back in I was back at level 1, no starter set (torch food water block claim block) and also teleported to 0,0 (smack dab in the middle of the hub at 21:30 day 7).

Friend was the host - 60mb cable, open NAT, regular cache clearer and regular full quit of games upon ending
    2nd player friend - 3mb cable, open NAT, regular cache clearer and regular full quit of games upon ending
    I was the 3rd... - 100mb fiber, open NAT, regular cache clearer and regular full quit of games upon ending

#3rdplayer #shortendofstick

LOL

Refugee
    I play on PS4, a private game, with my friend. The map is mine and he joins. We are constantly getting kicked from the game. Sometimes it's just him and other times it's me that gets kick and then him obviously, because it's my map. I have read/tried the suggested actions of updating the game/system. I report it everytime it happens, and it's about 12 times per day before we just give up for the day. Also I have another map that is set up as a private map, but only I play on it. It crashes also. It would be great if this can get resolved. We really like this game, but my friends said they are done until it gets fixed. They even bought a game to play until it gets fix.

Refugee

Being kicked

For the past few weeks I have been hosting and several times I get kicked out the game with an error. When I click options it says to make sure the updated version is installed and it always is. It is getting quite annoying because we have lost minibikes because of it as well. Any idea what's going on or how to fix it?

Refugee

Unhappy Shooting gun glitch

There is a glitch where after shooting a gun, the sound of the gun going off keeps making a sound even when you finish shooting. The SMG and AK-47 is the most annoying. Hopefully it gets fixed in the next update.

Refugee

game not loading when we get invited to friends game

this issue has been happaning for months now and only after the first big update 7 days did, before the update me and my group of friends used to play 7 days together, we had a massive world base set up, all high level and had some amazing things happaning, we had played for hours was clocking the days up. then the update come and one friend couldnt join me, it would kick him randomly, we put ti down to internet problams and we kept trying to get him back as he was our ammo maker, eventully a month passed and we still couldnt connect to each other. another month went by and we was waiting for updates hopeing fun pimps would fix this problam, this was about 7 months ago, today me and my friends decided we would try again after we all did the newest update. well needless to say he managed to join up with us for about 10 mins before it kicked him again and then every time we sent a invite it would say failed to connect to server, i dont find this amusing no more, a game me and my friends got cause we thought we could play it together and we cant even join each other is a bit stupid. i wanna know what fun pimps are doing to sort this problam out, or atleast try to tell me something i can do to sort this problam out, and yes before anyone askes, we have uninstalled the game and reinstalled, we have linked our accounts to the TIG and we still cant connect to each other. 7 months we have waited for this problam to be fixed and we want to know why its taking so long for a fix or patch.

Refugee

Unable to connect in mulitplayer on XBox One

I recently bought this game. I have friends who play it and recommended it to me. They have set up a private game, however, every time I attempt to join, i get an error message saying that I cannot connect to the server and try again later. I have talked to my ISP and to Microsoft and XBox support. I have forwarded my ports and have tried everything else I have read on the forum to try, and I am still unable to play with my friends. They are unable to join into my server, or when they are able to, get disconnected in about 10 minutes. I just want to be able to play with my friends.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by PFCSeamons View Post
    I recently bought this game. I have friends who play it and recommended it to me. They have set up a private game, however, every time I attempt to join, i get an error message saying that I cannot connect to the server and try again later. I have talked to my ISP and to Microsoft and XBox support. I have forwarded my ports and have tried everything else I have read on the forum to try, and I am still unable to play with my friends. They are unable to join into my server, or when they are able to, get disconnected in about 10 minutes. I just want to be able to play with my friends.
    Better you try to get your money back.
    This game is a total rip off. Mp is not working for a lot of people for over a half year and they still have no clue how to fix it.

I have contacted the legal department from Xbox and now waiting for their response.

I hope they are going to do things like on steam where u can get your money back if things like this happens.

Refugee
    They are pretty sure what the issue is, it is however hard to resolve as it is at ISP level not 7dtd. They think it's to do with packet blocking.

This post was created to help explain multiplayer setup for new players who think they might be having issues with the game. This is not the place to report multiplayer bugs or connection issues. Please report them in the Console Bug Report section by starting a new thread or use this thread - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-Disconnection

Closing thread as it continued to go off topic and to prevent further confusion for players.