Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [IMPORTANT] Please read BEFORE posting.

[IMPORTANT] Please read BEFORE posting.

DO NOT POST BUG REPORTS IN THIS THREAD, THIS IS AN INFORMATIONAL POST ONLY

Hi all,

Due to the fact that this area is getting a little out of hand, I am posting these instructions again with some added info.

1) Before posting, search the forums, your bug may already be posted. Please do not clog the forums by reporting the same post over and over. You can chime in on the bugs already reported, or sometimes even find solutions and work arounds.

HOWEVER - Please be careful of the dates of old posts. If the post is 3 weeks or older, please then create a new post referencing the older post if you need to. Necroposting and revival of old posts, especially when there have been updates, are frowned upon on the forums.

Here are some of the common reports - All of which have been logged and for the teams:

"Building Environment"
    This is where, upon loading your save back up, the load hangs in the Building Environment screen. - The original cause of this issue has been fixed, but some players still may experience it on Xbox when the console desyncs from the game. In order to resync, perform a console reset while preserving apps and saves. Instructions can be found here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...ng-Environment

Repetitive sounds
    Looping sounds of automatic weapons should be fixed in patch 8.

Corrupted Saves
    This issue has been fixed in Patch 3, now you may find your save will revert back about 30 seconds or so after a crash. Before the crash as the game now saves regularly so a safe uncorrupted save can be restored.

Achievements not unlocking
    Exactly as stated. Please note Achievements do NOT unlock in creative or cheat mode. If you are in regular modes and it is still not unlocking, please tell me.

Strip of World reverting to Day 1 state
    This can occur all over the world but is most noticeable when it reverts a base or mine. The team are working on a fix for this and all info on the issue can be found here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...rain-Rewriting
    If you wish to add the details of how it happened to you, please do so at that link.

Falling though the ground
    Loot crates may sink below the ground, and well as backpacks, if you see the icon, try digging for them as they may still be there.
    - For minibikes, making a platform to park them on can prevent them from falling through the ground.

Weather fx volume / Constant Rain
    The rain is a constant in a lot of places and rain can be heard underground and inside large buildings. We are looking at tweaking these settings.

Multiplayer Disconnect
    This is a huge issue for a large number of people post Patch 2, the team are working on getting a fix out for it asap. A lot of players were able to get back into games after patch 3, however some issues are still persisting. All info on this issue is gathered here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-Disconnection

Zombie bodies decaying too fast
    This is only part of a temporary fix to help reduce lag on horde night, the team are working on implementing a way to let everyone get their loot.

2) You may not find your issue listed above, please check the forums and the Confirmed bug reports section as well. If you do not find your bug posted by someone else or you believe it to be different or have a unique element. Use the guide below to post a NEW THREAD. Do NOT post in this thread, sticky threads or hijack threads unrelated to your issue.
    Try not to combine Bugs, if you have two separate issues, give me as much detail as possible, but separately.

Title
    Make sure the title of you post shows what console you're on at the start and use the format:

"[PLATFORM] [Type of Bug (Hitching, Crash, texture etc)] Post Title"

For example:

[XBOX][AUDIO] Auger sound constantly repeats

or

[PS4][AUDIO] Chainsaw sound stuck to Zombie

If you know what area of game is effected you can use the Prefixes (above Title when making a post) to help out too, don't worry if you don't though.
    Short brief titles are best, because you can use the body of the post to give me all the details.

Main Post
    So now that I know what console you're on I'm going to need as many details as possible about it, your game and the bug...

Setup
    Before we get to the main bug, I need to know what your setup is. So aside from console type, details about your console, what patch are you on, do you have any DLC, disk or digital etc. Basically everything that is in place before the bug happens, if you are in a world when the bug occurs, What kind of game you were playing? Map, what time of day it was, what in game day it was, which character were you playing as, what biome were you in, single player or multiplayer and anything else you think might have contributed to the bug.

Game Type:
    Map Type:
    Seed/Save Name:
    Disk or Digital:
    DLC:
    Character:
    Difficulty:
    Run:
    Aggression:
    Day length:
    Drop On Death:
    Enemy memory:
    Enemy Spawning:
    Block durability:
    Loot respawn time:
    Loot abundance:
    Airdrops:
    24 hour cycle:
    In-game Day:
    Installed Game Location (Console / HDD):
    Remaining Space in install Location:

If playing Online Multiplayer, and it is potentially a connection issue, please include:

Are you Host or Client:
    Upload Speeds (while playing the game):
    Download Speeds (While playing the game):
    NAT type:
    Wired or Wireless connection:
    Internet Service Provider (ISP):
    Router connected to console:
    How many console connected to same router:

Step by Step
    Do you know what you did before the bug? Can you repeat it by following the same steps? Please list them here, it will help isolate the issue further. Bullet point if possible.

The Bug
    When the steps are completed, what happens? Try to be descriptive as possible if you can. Any little thing you see can be a factor. If the game crashes, how does it crash? what do you see? Is there a round cursor on the screen? where do you crash to (game menu / console menu)

Media
    Any media files? One of the things that helps us out is if you have a video or screen grab of the bug occurring, this can help us test and try recreate the bugs ourselves to try find the origin. If you see a bug you can get your console to record the last few minutes and submit that to us.
    The forums doesn't allow large files to be posted, but linking to OneDrive, Imgur, Youtube or similar is fine.

Extras
    Anything else? Any other information you can think of that might help us, add it in, the more info we have, the better! User ID or Gamer profiles would be helpful too.

The more posts that follow this layout, the easier it is for us to report, test and resolve issues.

3) Do not post anything other than Bug Reports in this section, they will be moved or removed.

4) Be respectful to the staff, mods and teams working on the game as well as your fellow players. We understand you are frustrated, but being rude, spamming bugs across the forums and starting arguments in the forums are not going to get your bug seen any quicker, and could result in your post being deleted or your account banned.

5) The teams working on the game are working hard to narrow down and fix bugs reported to them. The game will be updated, console updates just take a little more time than PC ones. I will try to get info to you as often as I can, but please be patient. Silence does not mean the teams are not working.

Thank you for reading. That is all for the moment, I will update this when I can.
    Clare
    Last edited by Clare; 03-21-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Refugee

Xbox one private multiplayer

I join my mate and get kicked a minute after try restarting ad still same problem this only started after the patch plz fix ASAP

[Xb1][multiplayer issue] non public games

Multiplayer for private games is now broken after patch number 2 me and my friends did a complete reinstall of the game and it disconnects them after about a minute after they join. Nothing to do with my connection it just happens to kick them out every single time and we've been playing together since day one I have had a 62 day game and for some reason it just won't work anymore the only way to play with friends online is to join a public multiplayer match and by doing that we can't select our game options difficulty settings block hardness none of that it's just the default game-mode online
    Please release a URGENT EMERGENCY PATCH FOR THIS. IT'S REALLY RUINING OUR FUN.

Update: I told all my friends to delete and reinstall the game. Still having this issue...
    Last edited by Breeece; 08-10-2016 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Proper post

Refugee

Xbox One Private Multiplayer

Hello, my friend and I both have digital copies of the game. He has the WD DLC and I do not. He plays as Charlotte and I play as Hank. We started a private multiplayer game on Navezgane and setup at the Church close to the hub city. For some reason whenever he joins me, and unfortunately it doesn't happen every time, a horde of zombies will spawn with him inside our base or the last time he couldn't even connect and he was stuck at a loading screen and the zombies spawned in the base. The in-game time was close to mid day. I had been playing for about an hour before he joined. The game said he joined but he never actually got in and then it said he left when he force quit the game. He then started the game up again and was able to join, but zombies didn't spawn the second time. We are both on the newest patch, but this also happened on the previous patch.
    Last edited by Shannski; 08-10-2016 at 05:46 PM.

Refugee

Xbox One Private Multiplayer Crash

Hello, my friend and I both have digital copies of the game. He has the WD DLC and I do not. He plays as Charlotte and I play as Hank. We started a private multiplayer game on Navezgane and traveled up to Perishton on our mini bikes. There was a storm going on up there. The storm seemed much louder than it should have been (in my opinion). It was so loud it was drowning out other sound effects like chopping wood blocks and then all the sudden the game crashed and sent us both back to the Xbox dashboard. Neither one of us was doing anything special at the time, we were running up the street heading towards the bank when the crash occurred. Also, we both downloaded the latest patch (patch 2) before playing.
    Last edited by Shannski; 08-10-2016 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Add more info.

Refugee

plz clare read it

the game is broken😡
    Hi first i don't tallk English very well
    i preorderd the game and i think the copy i have is proken for real thers bugs every where i have video about it
    and i told my friends to buy the game
    i thought it well be fixed but it Did not
    even my friend have the same problem
    so plz can u fix it
    the latters on the menu despaird also i walk slow very slow the health bar doesnt show up
    and the world cut up and there are no zombies i have a video showing the bugs i havent played the game so u need you to fix the game

Refugee
    After patch 2, I can no longer join multiplayer games at all. All I get is the waiting for server screen and then Error you have been disconnected from the server please try later. Please help with this as I cant help but feel a little cheated here, I have paid for the game and played it as much as my job and family will allow, I have even made some new friends online through this game and now that seems to have been taken away with no support or reassurance offered. Please what do you have planned to fix this and what is the eta... I am trying to Sta loyal to the game but this is just pure disheartening now

Refugee

PS4 - Lag Horde Night

Massive lag now occurs on Horde Night.

Night 35 horde took me until 13:00 on Day 36 to actually clear out because of this.

Movement lag, reload crossbow lag, search bodies lag, hit zombie with sledgehammer lag.

Prior to patch this wasn't an issue.

Refugee
    After installing patch 2 cobblestone frames do not appear after placing them until they are completely filled with cobblestone(tested this in an world save and a new one). Only bug/glitch I have noticed since the update. Everything else is running A LOT smoother. Thank you TFP's for all your hard work.

They can still be crafted, placed, picked up, and filled. Just no texture model of the frame itself when placed or animation of the frame being filled.

Platform: Xbox One
    Last edited by D3M0 UN1T; 08-10-2016 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Clarification

Refugee
    Xbox one multiplayer issues

The private multiplayer is kicking my cousin out. My wife and i can play (dont know if its because we are on the same ip address) but my cousin gets the message error please try again later.

Refugee

Not being able to access chests

I started a new game and when I was grinding at night I tried to open my chest to clear up some space in my inventory, it worked for a little bit but then it wouldn't let me in my chests. It doesn't even give me the notification to open it plus I'm walking through my chests

Survivor

Ps4 blue screen error and friends getting kicked

Ps4 blue screen errors and friends getting kicked out of the game from the game after about 5-10 mins, I know patch 1.3 just came out and stuff an know the game still has bugs an that's ok just want stuff to run rite so I can play.

I have deleted then downloaded it again and I also did a master reset on my system an non of that has fixed it I also get lag so bad it freezes the game to the point it crashes.

Survivor
    Is there a way I can sent a picture on the forum to better describe what I am trying to say

Survivor

Lighting Issues [PS4]

After the 1.03 patch I've noticed the night cycles no longer go pitch black as it realistically should anymore, at least for me. It just looks grey everywhere, as if someone smeared vaseline all over the TV screen. I've also noticed when I'm in my mining area underneath my base, the sun light seems to be clipping through the ground causing the whole mining area to light up, and when the sun goes down, the mining area just looks the same as it does outside, grey, and highly visible. When it shouldn't be. I mean, I can literally explore deep cave/tunnel systems or scavenge for supplies during night time and not need to use a single torch or flash light because I can clearly see everywhere! - I'm playing on the psychical disc version, Navezgane map, singleplayer only. I've looked around on YouTube to see if anyone else might be experiencing the same problem after the patch, but it doesn't seem so because every gameplay video I've watched the game looks fine during night cycles or when in dark areas, in fact, the game looks darker than it did on the 1.02 patch for everyone else!? So I have no idea why this is suddenly happening to me. I haven't changed anything.

Things I've tried to do, in order to resolve the issue but didn't work...

Turning down the gamma in the options menu (which doesn't work anymore, regardless of turning it up or down)

Adjusting the contrast, brightness and colour levels on my TV

Starting a new game

Restarting the PS4, which I did several times

Uninstalling and reinstalling the 1.03 patch

Non of the above worked unfortunately, before the 1.03 patch this wasn't an issue for me. All the other games I play look fine as well. So clearly this is a bug, with this game in particular. Hopefully the new lighting and shader enhancements get some fine tuning in the next patch

P.S Thank you guys and girls over at TheFunPimps and/or IronGalaxy for tirelessly working on this game, and improving it on a somewhat regular basis. I can't imagine all these bugs and issues that keep occurring are anymore frustrating for us, than it is for you guys who are constantly trying to fix them. So keep up the great work, its much appreciated by all of us. Once these issues have been ironed out, once and for all, it'll be the best zombie survival game out there on consoles that money can buy!
    Last edited by TheDinoRhino; 08-20-2016 at 02:37 AM.

Refugee
    Hi Clare,
    I'm on xbox one, have the digital download, the DLC, and I'm running on the newest patch. I play online random gen with 2 other friends. The one with the best connection out of us is hosting the lobby. Me and a few friends have noticed that after this 2nd patch we are having new issues with the minibikes. For some reason we will get off our bikes then in order to get back on them we have to deconstruct and rebuild the bikes. We can access the inventory on the bikes but can not drive them. Also the game still crashed on us as well and having more loading issues than before. Took a very long time to load the game and had constant void areas till it would load the world in. Another new issue we noticed is when trying to build blocks would not stay. If I put dirt on the ground it would just bust and fall apart. Strange issue that we never noticed before. Please guys this is just getting ridiculous. We paid for a fully working game. Please give us what we paid for. This game is great but with all these issues it's killing it. Hope to see an emergency patch to fix these new issues soon....