Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [08/13][UPDATE] Missing metal letters on XB1

[08/13][UPDATE] Missing metal letters on XB1

Hi all,

Some of you noticed that there are no scrap metal letters in the XB1 version of the game. I reported this to the team, and it turns out this is not a bug, but by design. I asked the team for a message to explain why this was the case...

"The content in the online and offline game modes are identical across the PS4 and XB1. There are no fundamental differences between the two. However, since each console has its own account privileges and console restriction settings, the ability to offer a similar Block Lettering text input feature on the XB1 was not achievable. There are no plans to include this functionality in a future patch due to the factors outlined above. We encourage the community to continue to supply feedback and we thank you for your support."

Sorry about the delay in clarifying this.
    Clare

Scavenger
    so add a chalk board that you can type with the in game keyboard like minecraft.

That feature is coming to the PC in alpha 15 so it may show up for console in the future.

@ Claire

That statement is really confusing.

"since each console has its own account privileges and console restriction settings"

Is this saying that because a person might spell a bad word in and online game XB1 will not get letters? I'm sure your not suggesting that XB1 graphics cant handle a simple static letter. Was that statement written by a politician because they did a really good job at saying a lot with out answering the question.
    Last edited by Spider; 08-13-2016 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    @ Claire

That statement is really confusing.

"since each console has its own account privileges and console restriction settings"

Is this saying that because a person might spell a bad word in and online game XB1 will not get letters? I'm sure your not suggesting that XB1 graphics cant handle a simple static letter. Was that statement written by a politician because they did a really good job at saying a lot with out answering the question.
    Hi Spider,

Sorry for the confusion, yes I believe it is partially due to people spelling bad words, not because the console cannot handle to graphics.

Clare

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    That feature is coming to the PC in alpha 15 so it may show up for console in the future.
    ahh sounds good

- - - Updated - - -

also clare i uploaded the video about that glitch, sry to post here, just wasn't sure if youve seen it. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...893#post476893

So to be clear in a game that you can chop off a humans arms legs and heads, shoot another human in the head with multiple different types of fire arms , catch players on fire and hear the most perverse profane language talking directly to other players on line. The line is drawn in the sand at spelling the word [email protected]# on a building.

Ahhhh the moral prioritys of the entertainment industry.

I know you have nothing to do with this Claire I just find it funny

Refugee

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi all,

Some of you noticed that there are no scrap metal letters in the XB1 version of the game. I reported this to the team, and it turns out this is not a bug, but by design. I asked the team for a message to explain why this was the case...

"The content in the online and offline game modes are identical across the PS4 and XB1. There are no fundamental differences between the two. However, since each console has its own account privileges and console restriction settings, the ability to offer a similar Block Lettering text input feature on the XB1 was not achievable. There are no plans to include this functionality in a future patch due to the factors outlined above. We encourage the community to continue to supply feedback and we thank you for your support."

Clare

I understand your just the messenger, so this isn't directed at you personally.

1) I am finding it hard to believe that this can't be achieved due to the fact Minecraft was able to get around this on Xbox 4 years ago.
    2) To all the gamers it is beginning to look like Playstation is getting an exclusive here.
    3) How can it be hard to put in the game when there is a book in the game called "Minibikes for Dumb♥♥♥♥s"?

Again I am not directing this at you, but what has been said just adds more questions from the community.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    So to be clear in a game that you can chop off a humans arms legs and heads, shoot another human in the head with multiple different types of fire arms , catch players on fire and hear the most perverse profane language talking directly to other players on line. The line is drawn in the sand at spelling the word [email protected]# on a building.

Ahhhh the moral prioritys of the entertainment industry.

I know you have nothing to do with this Claire I just find it funny
    What is also funny spider is most games disclaimer it if they are online games.

EG:
    "Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB." This notice warns those who intend to play the game online about possible exposure to chat (text, audio, video) or other types of user-generated content (e.g., maps, skins) that have not been considered in the ESRB rating assignment.

Well sorry Xbox being too PR.

I know in Playstation I have spelled out lots of crap lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi all,

Clare
    Okay, if XBone is not getting block letters, then hopefully signs that we can put text on may be a thing?
    As a hoarder, and so are my friends....., we are in DIRE need of a solution to our chest organization!
    Full in game nights have past while the 3 of us organize stuff!
    I am sure our OCD doesn't help.......but a sign would ! :-)

I'd prefer actual signs anyway, big block letters are a bit too much for me. I would like a book or scrap paper that you could write on though, so you can tell a story of your survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Snodacious View Post
    1) I am finding it hard to believe that this can't be achieved due to the fact Minecraft was able to get around this on Xbox 4 years ago. .
    You can't use profanity on Minecraft on Xbox and removing the signs would just be silly and they can't exactly stop you spelling out words with blocks. In 7DTD the lettering is a bit different as each letter is a separate entity so its easier to remove them and they won't impact the game much by removing them. Doesn't mean you can't use something else though.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by The Red Leader View Post
    I'd prefer actual signs anyway, big block letters are a bit too much for me. I would like a book or scrap paper that you could write on though, so you can tell a story of your survival.

You can't use profanity on Minecraft on Xbox and removing the signs would just be silly and they can't exactly stop you spelling out words with blocks. In 7DTD the lettering is a bit different as each letter is a separate entity so its easier to remove them and they won't impact the game much by removing them. Doesn't mean you can't use something else though.
    True. But using the logic that states you can't have letters because someone might spell profanity, is just the same as the following,
    Don't add anymore guns, cause a player may kill another player or even maybe a zombie
    Don't add anymore zombies, they may kill players.
    Don't add more materials in the game, some one may use them to make giant genitals
    Zombies no longer can rag doll, cause sometimes they fall in suggestive poses
    need I go on.

Stuff like this takes the sand box out of the sand box game. You can build and do anything you want, as long as its within these parameters.

True. But using the logic that states you can't have letters because someone might spell profanity, is just the same as the following,
    Don't add anymore guns, cause a player may kill another player or even maybe a zombie
    Don't add anymore zombies, they may kill players.
    Don't add more materials in the game, some one may use them to make giant genitals
    Zombies no longer can rag doll, cause sometimes they fall in suggestive poses
    need I go on.

Stuff like this takes the sand box out of the sand box game. You can build and do anything you want, as long as its within these parameters.
    You are very right and I agree with you. Like this game is rated 18+ and stuff like profanity, nudity etc. are expected to be in a game of such age rating, and I know the ESRB or Pegi don't rate online interaction but in my belief the rating carries over anyway. So removing lettering from an 18+ game because of profanity and such makes no sense at all, apart from 'protecting innocent children' but then they shouldn't be playing/looking at it anyway but then that's the way the world works now.

I understand your just the messenger, so this isn't directed at you personally.

1) I am finding it hard to believe that this can't be achieved due to the fact Minecraft was able to get around this on Xbox 4 years ago.
    2) To all the gamers it is beginning to look like Playstation is getting an exclusive here.
    3) How can it be hard to put in the game when there is a book in the game called "Minibikes for Dumb♥♥♥♥s"?

Again I am not directing this at you, but what has been said just adds more questions from the community.
    Yes it is ABSOLUTELY looking like PS4 is getting the better end of things here....i really hope it is both equal for xbox one and ps4... i love my xbox....

Scavenger
    "Wait, what?"

is what i said over and over again after reading this

"The content in the online and offline game modes are identical across the PS4 and XB1. There are no fundamental differences between the two"

then

"However, since each console has its own account privileges and console restriction settings, the ability to offer a similar Block Lettering text input feature on the XB1 was not achievable."

"There are no fundamental differences between the two"

"no fundamental differences"

"fundamental"

I get it. But, wait...what? xbox wont allow lettering? is this real? should we grab our pitchforks and head for http://forums.xbox.com/ ???
    Claire tell the team to clean this statement up a bit.

"The content in the online and offline game modes are identical across the PS4 and XB1"

-First sentence, next sentence reiterates that. then the next says they are different.

give me a second my head is exploding. this really has nothing to do with the lettering in game, but at the same time has everything to do with the lettering in game... are you following? because im not. i need a reason not to do this on the xbox forums x10. any reason.

EDIT: this seems like im mad at fun pimps/IG. im not, but xbox tho.
    Last edited by DrDaan; 08-19-2016 at 03:19 AM.