Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [08/13] Message from the team - Horde issues.

Banned
    Thanks Weasle,

I've been thinning the lumberjack herd in hopes of calipers. I ended up reloading horde day when my bike apparently decided to go exploring by itself so they never showed, which is fine since I've gone a little Z-Nation FFS in building my outer defense wall. Need another week just to cook all these half pillars.

-S

Scavenger

Game was good now going downhill due to update

I've only played a couple of weeks. It was good to start, except would freeze for a second every now and then.

But now when the 7day hordes come or anymore than 4-5 zombies the lag makes it unplayable.

10 seconds to reload and be able to shoot again, then after actually doing that and somehow sticking out the horde for a minute through this insane lag the game kicks me..

Please fix... Something you included in last update changed something I think..

EDIT: The problem isn't the spikes for me, it's the actual hordes or 5+ zombies at a time, then during this the game has a 3-4+ second delay. Then even longer while I try to reload.

Having said that the spikes aren't the problem, the bodies do seem to stay longer and take longer to clean up since the update.

I spent hours clearing some mines and spikes thinking I had too many.. And that that was causing the lag..
    Last edited by zackjm; 08-14-2016 at 11:51 PM. Reason: .

Refugee
    I had my Day 77 Bloodmoon last night.

The lag was crazy, but I got through it without the game crashing (Even though it crashed 3 times at less stressful times during day of playing, like picking goldenrod in the afternoon ).

The Bloodmoon was an epic battle that lasted until 4pm the following day. Clean up took until 12AM. A lot of the reason clean up took so long was because all the zombie corpses would become invisible when i approached them. Once looted, the remains would often disappear. But for the rest of the night, when I thought I had destroyed all of the bodies around my fort, i would come out to do house maintenance, and there were heaps of remains around the building again. So I broke them all up again. This happened at least 4 or 5 times.

Anyway. Epic game. But Consoles are missing Auger Parts, Chainsaw Parts and Mushrooms, in the campaign map, even though I have the chainsaw schematic. Making it useless.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by JS1HUNDRED View Post

Anyway. Epic game. But Consoles are missing Auger Parts, Chainsaw Parts and Mushrooms, in the campaign map, even though I have the chainsaw schematic. Making it useless.

I cannot speak for the mushrooms on navsgane, however auger parts and chainsaw part are in there. I have a complete auger and chainsaw on day 42, but it does not want to give me calipers.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansonsirhc View Post
    I cannot speak for the mushrooms on navsgane, however auger parts and chainsaw part are in there. I have a complete auger and chainsaw on day 42, but it does not want to give me calipers.
    Good to know the chainsaw parts exist. But they seem very rare. In 80 days, I still have only 1 set of calipers.

Refugee

Are you jokeing?

I cant even get to the bodies to loot i get hit by invisble zombies the frame rate on horde night is a joke this is terrible and the head lamps light is all messed up too they're usless now bring the old patch back untill you fix this one game is unplayable not much fun when you have to reset every horde night

Refugee

Exclamation Doing your best but quicker is more important

I am glad they have worked on the problem and that you have communicated all the information that you have however I beg you to make this a quicker patch than the last one. Weeks of this issue will kill console sales, spread poor word of mouth about the game, and lower your user base dramatically.

Hunter
    ALL I HEAR IS RAIN AND ITS FOREVER DARK!!!

THIS SHOULD BE CALLED 7 DAYS OF RAIN AT NIGHT...

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by JS1HUNDRED View Post

The lag was crazy, but I got through it without the game crashing (Even though it crashed 3 times at less stressful times during day of playing, like picking goldenrod in the afternoon ).

The Bloodmoon was an epic battle that lasted until 4pm the following day. Clean up took until 12AM. A lot of the reason clean up took so long was because all the zombie corpses would become invisible when i approached them. Once looted, the remains would often disappear. But for the rest of the night, when I thought I had destroyed all of the bodies around my fort, i would come out to do house maintenance, and there were heaps of remains around the building again. So I broke them all up again. This happened at least 4 or 5 times.

I've found mushrooms before, in a mine, desert terrain. Not sure about the chainsaw parts though. I'm still searching

Refugee

Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Rabisy View Post
    The rain please sort the rain out raining all the time in the same area it's so loud even after trying to adjust it in settings to the extent that now I can't game for long
    I thought I that was the only one that didn't want to play when it rained! It's ridiculously loud! Even when you're in a shelter or mining underground! I turn the game-volume down on my headset just to be able to hear my friends on the chat. But that makes it harder to hear zombies...smh.
    My solution to this problem is....when it starts to rain, I exit the game and come back. It usually has a different weather effect when i come back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danpeet91 View Post
    I've found mushrooms before, in a mine, desert terrain. Not sure about the chainsaw parts though. I'm still searching
    I've found a chainsaw blade (ps4)....search the garages. Haven't found the auger blade yet though...

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by JDiceArt777 View Post
    I thought I that was the only one that didn't want to play when it rained! It's ridiculously loud! Even when you're in a shelter or mining underground! I turn the game-volume down on my headset just to be able to hear my friends on the chat. But that makes it harder to hear zombies...smh.
    My solution to this problem is....when it starts to rain, I exit the game and come back. It usually has a different weather effect when i come back.

- - - Updated - - -

I've found a chainsaw blade (ps4)....search the garages. Haven't found the auger blade yet though...
    I'm on XB1, but thanks for the info, I will try that 😊

Hunter

Will There Be An Update Tomorrow?

Will all the issues from the new patch be addressed tomorrow (Tuesday is usually update day), or is it going to take longer?

Scavenger
    I got a full chainsaw from a lumberjack
    Was surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi all,

Below is a message from the team relating to the issues some people are now facing with hordes after patch 2

Hello Survivors! Some of you have informed us on a performance drop that could occur during and after horde attacks. We’ve since identified an issue in Patch #2 where dead zombie corpses would remain in the world for far too long. For example, if several waves of zombies were to walk into and die in a field of wooden spikes, those zombie corpses and their associated expense on hardware would cumulate over time eventually causing a noticeable drop in performance. We’ve since implemented a fix to prevent these corpse from remaining in the world past their intended expiration time. We intend to release this fix in the next patch. In the meantime, the best way to work around this issue is to either loot the zombies or destroy them after they die. Doing so will remove those corpses from the world and improve performance.

I will keep you guys updated on when the next patch is due once when I hear more,
    Clare
    maybe pass on the bag drop mod, from the pc mods i made it makes the zombies drop bags instead of corpses, so its not an entity the ai is then removed eating up less memory/cup. they just become loot containers liek any other trash pile/birdsnest in the game. that would beef up preformance whithout havent to reduce the ability to loot the corpses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPi00f0g0TE
    Last edited by Deccypher; 08-15-2016 at 05:18 PM.

Refugee

Agreed the rain needs an upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Rabisy View Post
    The rain please sort the rain out raining all the time in the same area it's so loud even after trying to adjust it in settings to the extent that now I can't game for long
    I have the PS4 and I don't know who initially had a problem with the audio levels of the rain, BUT NOW, holy moley its WAY too loud and Constant making it super difficult to hear anything else especially my own thoughts in head. UGh, please fix that immediately along with the funky lighting issue/ atmospheric Steroid problem where everything pass 20 ft in front of you Fades out into nothingness. Brutal for extended periods of playing.