Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [08/13] Message from the team - Horde issues.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Thtzwtsh3said View Post
    Me and my wife split screen. With the update our map resets everytime we load our game as if we hadn't traveled anywhere. You have to hit x multiple times to access your inventory and we get 1 sometimes 2 hordes every single night since the patch. On day 76 with 60 minute days, but honestly it's a great game. We haven't had any of the issues that all the other people are having.
    The XB1 patch was kind of a mess...

Not to mention that the helmet light, before the patch, was better and the daytime looks like night time in some areas since the patch. Hunting in the rain is impossible now.

I've come back, to older save games, to find a ton of progress gone and water blobs just appearing in certain areas.

Honestly, i think the patch made a bunch of things a lot worse and there are gamer(s) who agree with me on this even though the masses (here) may not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy5150 View Post
    Not to mention that the helmet light, before the patch, was better and the daytime looks like night time in some areas since the patch. Hunting in the rain is impossible now.

Honestly, i think the patch made a bunch of things a lot worse and there are gamer(s) who agree with me on this even though the masses (here) may not.
    this is often how things go you realese a fix to A to please the customers demands but fixing A breaks B,C,and D, being too dark isnt unplayable its just not optimal play, they will fix it on PC we had the same issues in A11 it was fixed pretty quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Deccypher View Post
    maybe pass on the bag drop mod, from the pc mods i made it makes the zombies drop bags instead of corpses, so its not an entity the ai is then removed eating up less memory/cup. they just become loot containers liek any other trash pile/birdsnest in the game. that would beef up preformance whithout havent to reduce the ability to loot the corpses
    Yes...this ^^^^^^ There is no need for the gore corpse, just get rid of it and have bags left behind for looting.

Also, there are no feral zombies on the 7 day hordes since the patch. Xbox one.

Exactly, something is just causing this insane FPS drop. It's UNBEARABLE.

Scavenger
    No 7th day horde showed up on day 49
    I'm now thinking I'll get a horde every night
    But I hope that's not the case

Scavenger
    lol, I died trying to get rid of the corpses while more zombies come. I think it's better you guys sort this out. I can't afford to do another zombie horde night with an extreme slow frame rate. It's becoming unplayable.

Day 35 and Day 42 Hordes with 3 survivors (2 killing and myself looting and destroying gore blocks) FPS dropped so bad that it actually crashed the game both times. Fortunately it didn't crash until the horde was done, and when we reloaded the game the lag was gone. But during the horde it is nearly impossible to move, loot, or transfer loot to a drop chest. Looking forward to a fix, but I fear it may not come in time for our 49th day horde.

Refugee

Split Screen Item Access- Needs Fixed

We also are having Inventory access problem in Split Screnn - Offline tried only- It's so bad we stopped playing! X will work maybe 1/20 times and by the time you use the defalt open select and reselect method you have a likely chance to get killed. OTHER functions like map seem sluggish, as well. Having to move to a new location just to read where you were BEFORE you moved-only to have to retrace your steps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thtzwtsh3said View Post
    Me and my wife split screen. With the update our map resets everytime we load our game as if we hadn't traveled anywhere. You have to hit x multiple times to access your inventory and we get 1 sometimes 2 hordes every single night since the patch. On day 76 with 60 minute days, but honestly it's a great game. We haven't had any of the issues that all the other people are having.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Greiver524 View Post
    Another 7 days has gone by since day 14 no horde night, and now on day 21 I get nothing again..... your update completely broke the mechanics for me. Same thing happens even if I start a new game. I think it's time for me to get my money back from sony.
    I found that if you save and quit at any time during the horde day you will not get a horde, maybe this is your issue? Try to start your horde day right at the start of your playing time so you can play all the way thru that day without quitting

Refugee
    Before patch 2 was released everything was fine but after i received huge amounts of lag during hordes and i noticed some bodys dissappear when you get close but there just invisible but one i loot all the bodys or quit n rejoin its just fine anyway to get rid of this issue ?

Refugee
    I found that if you change the zombie spawn setting to more or less that it will allow the zombies to spawn on horde day. I had 3 straight horde nights that I didn't get any hordes. Changed my settings to warrior from scavenger and put zombie spawn to 125%. Due to lag is ues on horde night I also changed the zombies to always walk. This helped out with lag issue slightly. Should work at least until patch. I still crashed during 98 day horde last night when horde was almost done. Logged back in and all bodies and remaining horde gone. Was annoying we used all that ammo to not be able to loot any bodies. Hope that helps!

Refugee

Xbox one crashing

I'm really getting tired of my game getting really lagging on 7th day hoards and make game crash are we getting a fix for this and what is up with the saving it happens way to often. I live the game but really starting to hate the game and you don't even have the game right and bringing out dlc for it I mean come on guys would love to play the game the way it should be played.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi all,

Below is a message from the team relating to the issues some people are now facing with hordes after patch 2

Hello Survivors! Some of you have informed us on a performance drop that could occur during and after horde attacks. We’ve since identified an issue in Patch #2 where dead zombie corpses would remain in the world for far too long. For example, if several waves of zombies were to walk into and die in a field of wooden spikes, those zombie corpses and their associated expense on hardware would cumulate over time eventually causing a noticeable drop in performance. We’ve since implemented a fix to prevent these corpse from remaining in the world past their intended expiration time. We intend to release this fix in the next patch. In the meantime, the best way to work around this issue is to either loot the zombies or destroy them after they die. Doing so will remove those corpses from the world and improve performance.

I will keep you guys updated on when the next patch is due once when I hear more,
    Clare
    We generally loot and destroy all bodies in our world as running in to gore blocks at inopportune times can slow you down and get you in to trouble. With that said, we have issues with the horde as it starts ... before anything dies. The massive influx of running zombies is causing an issue as well. We've set the game so that zombies never run and we're able to play a bit more, or even get through a horde now. This shouldn't be needed of course but so far it has helped our gaming experience.

Question to you all, if no one is in other areas of the map, are all of those bodies / those old bases (blocks, items, etc) all rendered in all the time (so that when the horde comes you've now got a compounding problem that the console can't handle - simply too much to render) or do they render in as a player approaches the area?
    Last edited by PixelCrisis; 08-19-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nawaf044 View Post
    Hi

I play private game with my friends ( we are 4 ) and each 5 hours the host get an error and kicked pit of the game( game timing) + too much lag and also things disappear, we spent 20 days to gather the needed staff for 4 minibikes and when everyone got his we went to the city by the bikes, suddenly I got an error ( the host ) and when we get back to the game we weren't on our bikes? all of them are gone! please fix this.
    Another thing is the zombies attack on day 7,14 etc.. we expected big attacks but only 20 zombies came? we want huge waves of zombies our base is big and well protected. when 4 players are playing you should double the zombies. note; we play VERY HIGH SPAWNING AND FEARL
    Tbh, we already have enough server load issues, fps drops, and lag as it is. Why would you want to strain the servers even more than they already are? I would prefer to fix the horde lag before messing with the spawn recipe. If you haven't experience the lag yet, you are lucky.