Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Known Issue] Minibikes Vanishing

[Known Issue] Minibikes Vanishing

[STATUS: FIX INBOUND - MONITORING]

This issue can occur when the minibike simply falls through the world (parking it on top of some blocks rather than leaving it on the road / ground helps)

The most common occurrence is when the minibike vanishes if the player is riding the minibike when the game crashes. Sometimes it is found down the road, off to the side of where the player spawns in or even with the handlebars sticking out the ground so it can be dug out. But in most cases the bike will be gone entirely.

------

Patch 7 - A fix was added to help prevent bikes from falling out of world. If a bike slips out of the world, the bike will be teleported to the nearest open air layer. If it was in a mine, it will be the ground above, if there is a building in the way, it my be on the roof.

Some players are finding this is too sensitive and bikes that were normally fine in mines are teleporting up. The team are looking into this to see what kind of adjustments can be made.

-----

From Patch 8 - Minibike Map Icons – In this patch we tracked down the cause of minibikes disappearing after a crash and changed the way minibike data is saved in order to remove the chances of this happening again in the future. In addition to this, we are adding minibike icons to the map and compass. This should help you locate where the minibike is during gameplay as well as after a crash:
    o Minibikes that have been claimed by a player (by that player adding a padlock to that minibike’s parts menu) will appear on the minimap and compass to that player only
    o Minibikes that are unclaimed will appear to all players
    o This can be toggled on or off in the game settings for local and private games

* When “On,” Minibikes that have not been claimed by a player through use of a Padlock will be visible to all players on the Map.
    Last edited by Clare; 03-13-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Refugee

Question

When will this be fixed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    This issue can occur when the minibike simply falls through the world (parking it on top of some blocks rather than leaving it on the road / ground helps)

The most common occurrence is when the minibike vanishes if the player is riding the minibike when the game crashes. Sometimes it is found down the road, off to the side of where the player spawns in or even with the handlebars sticking out the ground so it can be dug out. But in most cases the bike will be gone entirely.
    This happened to my party last night with all of their high level items. Is there a known work around or fix? Yes they parked it on a road right outside of Perishton in Navezgane map, since our random gen is unplayable without several rejoins and crashes

Quote Originally Posted by Loneranger View Post
    When will this be fixed ?
    Next patch should be fixed.. just may take some time, because 1.05 is broken. Patience will pay off this game gas so much potential. And remember this game is still in full development.

Refugee
    Also just had mine disappear on me today. Luckily all I had was some extra gas stored on it but a bummer as I have my main bed done now. Was going to start to explore rest of my map. Mine was parked in my base underground when I logged in the about an hour later it disappeared guess I'll wait to make another one.

Scavenger
    Don't know about anyone else but I always park my mini bike on wooden blocks , 2 wide 3 long with ramps , since doing this I've not lost a bike , always park the bike a small walk from were I'm exploring / looting but always on wooden blocks , playing on PS4 Navs game , Day 218 .

I just lost my first mini bike today. Player 2 destroyed the car that I parked it by. The game crashed.... Then load it back the car spawned back in and no mini bike near it. Maybe when the car is spawned in, it erases the area around it so that it doesn't spawn on anything? The car was at a brick building with a driveway near the radiation zone northern part of the map. Frustrating cause it was probably a foot away from the car at least. I wasn't even messing with the minibike when the game crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Specky_Geek View Post
    Don't know about anyone else but I always park my mini bike on wooden blocks , 2 wide 3 long with ramps , since doing this I've not lost a bike , always park the bike a small walk from were I'm exploring / looting but always on wooden blocks , playing on PS4 Navs game , Day 218 .
    This is absolutely brilliant +1 for sharing your process with all of us! I will try to practice this great process and hopefully we don't lose any more purple loots..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveman87 View Post
    Also just had mine disappear on me today. Luckily all I had was some extra gas stored on it but a bummer as I have my main bed done now. Was going to start to explore rest of my map. Mine was parked in my base underground when I logged in the about an hour later it disappeared guess I'll wait to make another one.
    It really sucks to lose something that some covet oh so much, my players have even put locks on their bikes, and store their travel gear in their as well. We each have 30 frames, some ammo for our primary weapon, axe, pick, and a few morsels of food a, and enjond water. But when one of my main players lost his bike he rage quit, and said he will not be playing until this bug is fixed..lol I told him to get his pantys out of a twist and enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BRS View Post
    I just lost my first mini bike today. Player 2 destroyed the car that I parked it by. The game crashed.... Then load it back the car spawned back in and no mini bike near it. Maybe when the car is spawned in, it erases the area around it so that it doesn't spawn on anything? The car was at a brick building with a driveway near the radiation zone northern part of the map. Frustrating cause it was probably a foot away from the car at least. I wasn't even messing with the minibike when the game crashed.
    Game crashes are rough, especially when we lose our stuff. The mini bike issues I think are the biggest pain in the butt. I hope this fix comes out with the next patch.. or, the devs are following this forum and see the mini bikes are prize possessions and sneak that fix in..lol

Refugee

This needs fixed ASAP

I have lost a third minibike. This is, by far, the worst part of the bugs in this game. It is so bad, that I am done playing until it is fixed. I am also done praising the game for others to come play.

I realize this is an alpha on the PC, but it was brought to the console, it should be able to not lose important items.

As far as pertinent information, each loss has happened when the game crashed while riding the bike. I have searched the area directly around where the game loaded into, as well as back the route I had taken up to that point.

A suggested possible fix, make an option that will show the location of any bike frames you have on the map.

Refugee

Lost lots of minibikes

I and a friend of mine have lost 8-9 minibikes in one game, mostly related to crashes while riding the bike, but couple of times it just vanished while parked off the road.

And once i drove into a unloaded chunk and just got stuck there. Thought when the chunk loaded i unmounted the bike and marked the spot and dug out 5-7 deep 20 wide just to check if it where down in the snow.

And we lost crazy ammounts of good loot like this. Would be much appreciated if it got fixed xD tired of loosing our best quality bikes and loot.

Scavenger
    Also slightly frustrated at having lost multiple minibikes to game crashes and glitches.

But I think I get even more frustrated misplacing my minibike in the weeds.

Therefore, I'd like to have a key fob added where I can click it to have my minibike lights flash and horn beep, please.

And thanks for a great game.

Tracker
    I really think the least that can, and should, b done is a map marker for mini bikes. Even if it fell under ground, a map marker would indicate where to dig

Refugee

minibike

hi i'm tired of losing my bike me and my friend lost 8 minibikes the game always craches in multiplayer with my friend plus i lost half of my base replace by rocks and lost all that was in chests. We 've put many hours in the game and all was lost. I loved the game but now its over if i ever see a game made buy you guys again i will certainly not buy it.

Refugee
    Has anyone had an issue where the minibike somehow rolls off by itself? My minibike rolled off into some spikes I had and my friend ended up falling in them trying to get it out and the game crashed. Every time he joins my world now I crash. I removed and dismantled the minibike as well as the spikes. Still no fix. Has this happened to anyone?

P.S. I'm new to the forums so I'm still learning how to post and all that so I apologize if I did something wrong.

Refugee

[XB1] Alternative to fixing Mini-Bike Issue?

[XB1] 1.0.9.0 My husband and I have lost 7 mini-bikes with this game - most of them containing full baskets. This happens with split screen when either 1) we are riding the bikes and get hit with a system crash (BSOD). 2) Park a bike to explore and get hit with BSOD or 3) Receive any of your most 2 recent patches where patches of ground (where a mini-bike was parked) get rewritten with Day 1 terrain.

I saw Clare's post that the bikes are in the world somewhere. This is not something I truly believe unless they were spawned 10+ M below ground. We have searched, we have dug, we have cried but cannot find squat.

Is there any option, seeing this issue has been around since day 1 and the BSODs are getting worse (we average 1 per hour during split screen game play) that you can offer an option to CRAFT Batteries and Baskets? Theses are both non-renewable resources and with all of the lost bikes we have - it is becoming harder and harder to rebuild them as we lack both batteries and baskets that are easily found.

BSOD = Black screen of death

PLEASE do something! this game is becoming more an more frustrating to play versus a game we enjoy playing.

Refugee

mini bike #8 gone

This is really getting annoying. I enjoy playing this game with friends until stuff like this happens. This makes 8 bikes now. When will this be fixed ? I really wish users could save the game manually to load up lost inventory.