Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Known Issue] Minibikes Vanishing

Refugee

Missing Bikes

I'd like to add that I've also lost 2 bikes just this weekend alone due to crashes.

The scenario:
    Single Player Game
    Split Screen play
    One player riding a bike trying to meet up with another who is on foot.

Split screen crashes occur for us around once an hour. Most times when it crashes while on a bike, the bike can be found nearby, almost at my feet. This weekend, each crash on a bike resulted in a bike loss. This especially sucks because both were pretty high grade bikes.

This just now happened to me. I rode my minibike outside of my house, parked it out front on level ground so I could take care of a couple of zombies. The game crashed, and when I reloaded, my minibike was gone. And I had a level 500-ish battery! All my inventory, gone, my uber engine, etc. I guess I could vent and complain, but the doctor gave me pain pills for a hand injury and life is good right now LOL. So yeah, it's not fixed, and yes it is really annoying because it took me bloody ages to find that battery....

Community Moderator MutilatorJuice's Avatar
    Do what has been working for others. When you are done using your bike, take it apart and store it in a chest nearby. I realize it's a hassle but will ensure you lose nothing. Walk when you can. No point in riding it for a 30 second drive. Most people who lose their bikes are the ones who think this can't happen to them, so just try not to be ignorant. Enjoy those happy pills

Refugee

I am almost over this game

Just water TFP's to know that there are a lot of frustrated customers out here and maybe they should hire some outside consultants go help fix this game before it's too late. I just told my buddy to not bother buying this game due to the endless bugs and glitches. Not just that it has glitches but these glitches have been around for almost a year with no fixes.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by zootal View Post
    This just now happened to me. I rode my minibike outside of my house, parked it out front on level ground so I could take care of a couple of zombies. The game crashed, and when I reloaded, my minibike was gone. And I had a level 500-ish battery! All my inventory, gone, my uber engine, etc. I guess I could vent and complain, but the doctor gave me pain pills for a hand injury and life is good right now LOL. So yeah, it's not fixed, and yes it is really annoying because it took me bloody ages to find that battery....
    It has been suggested that parking it on player-laid blocks rather than naturally generated terrain is more stable and less likely to result in a loss of minibike.

Refugee

Mini bikes

The mini bike glitch is still happening while riding the bike when the game crashes have we heard anything about fixes beside the player laid blocks?? Would be nice to know.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyitswes View Post
    The mini bike glitch is still happening while riding the bike when the game crashes have we heard anything about fixes beside the player laid blocks?? Would be nice to know.
    Some people are saying that the bike is still there after a crash, but could be stuck in the ground and can be dug up. That's not the case for everyone. Unfortunately, there hasn't been a fix for this yet. It's a long standing issue and they are working on it.

Refugee

about the bike issue

Having lost a number of bikes myself while playing splitscreen on my friend's X-Box One, I thought on how this might be fixed. A player's inventory items never disappear, so the bike should stay locked as a special part of the player's inventory, with a screen for assembling it from the character's menu (same way you look at your inventory, map, journal, quest list, etc.), that way if the game misplaces it after a crash, you can just disassemble it and put it back together so you have it in front of you once more. I'm not sure if the basket would work with this option though since it has items in it. A character menu for the bike WOULD be exploitable since you'd never have to go to the bike again, you could just bring it to you, but that beats the current issue with this glitch rendering minibikes almost pointless due to losing them so often.

Quote Originally Posted by MutilatorJuice View Post
    Do what has been working for others. When you are done using your bike, take it apart and store it in a chest nearby.
    Brilliant. I have only lost one bike and that was due to me parking it in tall grass and forgetting to set a quick waypoint before I wandered off. Before you know it 21:30 rolls around and it's time to run, not walk, back to base. Bye bye bike.

I will now be storing my "portable minibike" in a chest whenever I use it, at least until a fix is published.

Refugee

annoying

I had 3 minibikes disappear yesterday all because of the stupid game kicking us out. We searched high and low and could not find them. Thought it was suppose to be fixed months ago.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by TheITVP View Post
    [XB1] 1.0.9.0 My husband and I have lost 7 mini-bikes with this game - most of them containing full baskets. This happens with split screen when either 1) we are riding the bikes and get hit with a system crash (BSOD). 2) Park a bike to explore and get hit with BSOD or 3) Receive any of your most 2 recent patches where patches of ground (where a mini-bike was parked) get rewritten with Day 1 terrain.

I saw Clare's post that the bikes are in the world somewhere. This is not something I truly believe unless they were spawned 10+ M below ground. We have searched, we have dug, we have cried but cannot find squat.

Is there any option, seeing this issue has been around since day 1 and the BSODs are getting worse (we average 1 per hour during split screen game play) that you can offer an option to CRAFT Batteries and Baskets? Theses are both non-renewable resources and with all of the lost bikes we have - it is becoming harder and harder to rebuild them as we lack both batteries and baskets that are easily found.

BSOD = Black screen of death

PLEASE do something! this game is becoming more an more frustrating to play versus a game we enjoy playing.
    This same thing happens to my wife and I (Also playing splitscreen on XB1). Pretty sure we had somewhere around 5 crashes in an evening of play time (about 4-5 hours).

My wife and I were using the kitchen of the house we took over to use as our base as our store room. We're running in a random gen world. From one single crash the other night we lost both minibikes (with full baskets) that were parked in the garage (several squares away from the kitchen), 4 supply crates full (seriously... 80+% full crates - we're pack rats), ammo, weapon parts, and ammo crafting ingredients, 1 crate about 75% full of spare/situational/cool clothing/armor items, 1 crate about 40% full of miscellaneous items, 1 cupboard full of spare minibike parts, 1 cupboard full of fuel... and a couple of other cupboards that I can't recall off the top of my head. And yet (luckily) the crates with all of our food and medical supplies were left untouched. They were located 2 squares away (in the same room at the same height) from the crates that got wiped out of existence... and they were between the kitchen squares that were reset to day 1 and the garage

All from 1 crash. I darn near uninstalled the game.

Refugee

My tale of Whoa! No more minibike!

So, while attempting to get ahead of the next horrible MD5 base reset error, I was cruising on my most amazing near perfect purple 500 point minibike, delivering half of our stash to n alternative site when the next worst error took the minibike right out from under me.

You all say it's possibly buried under the ground where it vanished? Like at bedrock level or surface level or anywhere in between??

IT WAS ALMOST PERFECT PURPLE, PEOPLE! 497 basket and 498 battery but everything else 500+!!!

And, worst of all, my lady love is upset by the glitches and Grey's Anatomy is new this week!!

HELP!!!

Refugee
    We have lost 10 Mini bikes on XBOX one 1.0.9.0, Most were crashes while driving. The last 3 were lost when they were parked on Wood flooring. The Area surrounding them reset and they disappeared. At the same time. An area kiddy corner from that area containing 3 Forges also reset.

May be related.
    Each of the 5 times we have experienced a 31x31 or 20x20 area repopulate has had the coincidence of have either:
    2 or 3 Campfires
    2 or 3 Forges
    3 Minibikes.

I suggest that you do not have your campfires, forges, nor minibikes within 31 blocks of your base, anything you want to keep, or near your storage. Just in case this is related. We have not had an issue with 1.0.10.0 yet. We have moved our forge away from the base. And we do not have 2 forges near each other.

Refugee

another tale of whoa! another bike bites the dust

Platform: XB1 digital download.
    World: Navezgane, Local Game, multi-player split-screen
    Settings:
    Difficulty: Scavenger
    Zombies: Never Run
    Aggression: Normal
    Daylight Length: 18 hours
    Enemy Spawn: Medium
    Loot: 200%
    24 hrs: 120 minutes
    Character: Clayton
    Day: 34
    Time: appx 9:00 am
    Summary: Minibike stolen by glitch at Diersville

So, it seems that every afternoon at 5:30pm CST something might cause my cable interwebs to reset, which causes 7 Days to glitch out. Iíve noted the time of the past several glitch reboots, and without fail, one such reboot occurs at 5:30pm CST

The latest glitch reboot happened while I was playing solo (girlfriend refuses to play since the last massive loss)

So I'm racing back home after a successful scavenging run on another fine minibike, on Day 34, at around 9am in-game, when the game freezes and resets to Start Screen.

So I power down the XBOne, pull the plug hard reboot the system, only to discover I still lose my minibike and fully loaded basket of goods, including 3 very nice small engines, 2 batteries and several schematics, along with a few worn out wrenches. I was driving on the road, just parked at the Working Stiff shop near the bridge west of Diersville when the glitch booted me.

Some of y'all suggest the bike might just be buried? would it be buried where I was parked or where I spawned when the game restarted ( since, as usual, the game reset a few seconds and I spawned across the bridge instead of at the shop)

This is bad.

Now Iím certain my girlfriend will not play any more. Worse yet, Iíll be forced to find out who McDreamy is, since Greyís Anatomy will be back on and all new eps until Spring

Thanks a lot 7DtD!!!

Refugee

4 sets of houdini bikes later

I'm glad to see the houdini minibikes