Thread: [and PS4] Constant Building Environment

[and PS4] Constant Building Environment

Hi all,

There are a number of people experiencing an issue where no matter what they do, once a game saves, and they exit it, they can't get back in. Where before it sometimes only effected the one save, this issue is effecting all 4 saves at once and leaves players hanging in the Building Environment Screen.

One of the community member's - kellenspov - mentioned in a post that they found resetting the console fixed this issue as the problem was with the XB1 update that caused a bit of desyncing. Two other players, RubberQuack and RelosE have also confirmed that this worked for them. RelosE also kindly posted some steps on how to reset the Xbox.

1. On Xbox One went to all settings
    2. Then System
    3. Then Console info & updates
    4. Then Reset Console
    5. Chose "Reset and keep my games & apps" press A
    6. After that I hit b button to go back
    7. Console restarted (after a minute or two)
    8. After console automatically reboots, log in.
    9. Start the game (a message will come saying that it is syncing the game)

While this seems to be more common on Xbox, if you are seeing this on PS4 please check that your console, as well as the game, is up to date

Thank you,
    Clare

Refugee
    I'm on the ps4 and have a Mp file that does not show whenever I go to play it I even have it backed up on a USB port and have reset/rebuilt my database and it still doesn't show but I have a sp file save on the same USB port and it shows up whenever I load it back on to my system storage please help CLAIRE

Hi Wtfixdisish,

It can be tricky to get save files back, could you try create a new save with the exact same name and settings as the one on your USB then delete that file and try import the save again.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi Wtfixdisish,

It can be tricky to get save files back, could you try create a new save with the exact same name and settings as the one on your USB then delete that file and try import the save again.
    thank u CLAIRE that worked I appreciate so much n can't wait for the update because I really do enjoy the game when it's running smooth

4. Then Reset Console
    What is the PlayStation compatible version of these instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by DoucheVader View Post
    What is the PlayStation compatible version of these instructions?
    Sorry DoucheVader, only seeing your comment now. There doesn't seem to be an option like that on the console, however, another player mentioned perhaps trying to remove the profile info and save data from the console completely (backup saves first!) and then resyncing the game and saves by adding the profile and the saves back to the console. I haven't tried this myself so I'm not entirely sure if that'll work.

Clare

Refugee
    Hi all,

There are a number of people experiencing an issue where no matter what they do, once a game saves, and they exit it, they can't get back in. Where before it sometimes only effected the one save, this issue is effecting all 4 saves at once and leaves players hanging in the Building Environment Screen.

One of the community member's - kellenspov - mentioned in a post that they found resetting the console fixed this issue as the problem was with the XB1 update that caused a bit of desyncing. Two other players, RubberQuack and RelosE have also confirmed that this worked for them. RelosE also kindly posted some steps on how to reset the Xbox.

2. Then System
    4. Then Reset Console

While this seems to be more common on Xbox, if you are seeing this on PS4 please check that your console, as well as the game, is up to date

Thank you,
    Clare

I just recently experienced a crash on a multiplayer I was the host and the game had been crashing randomly so I would rejoin and invite friends to it constantly but the last time the game crashed I loaded on top of the house and when I went inside everything that we had inside the house was gone like the game reset only inside the house lost all storage and everything that was inside of it. Its a bad bug for anybody to experience hopefully it can be fixed. Still a great game

Refugee

tried reset and power delay did not work

I tried the xbox reset and unplugged my console for 10 min. This did not work.

Please do NOT post bug reports in this thread - this is an information thread ONLY

If you have an issue (including this method not working for you) please post in the CONSOLE BUG REPORTS section. I do NOT chase bugs here.

Refugee

Delete forum account

Hello Clare OR other administrators. I wish tot delete my forum account, but the settings wont allow me. Could you help me?

Refugee

World Corrupt(?)

Hello,

I believe this is the same problem as fore mentioned. However, I figured I might as well try posting about it.

Day 11. ( I had about 15 hours logged. Settings were for the longest possible days so I could prepare well in advance of Blood Moons ) I unlocked the achievement for surviving for Nearly Immortal. My game froze. Crashed. I reloaded and the terrain respawned. Which was fine. My structure was sound. My walls were there. However, all of my chests, eight full of items disappeared. Forges. Mixers. Campfires. Workbenches. Any ideas if this is linked to the achievement

Best of wishes,

Refugee

Building Environment

Hi all,

2. Then System
    4. Then Reset Console

Thank you,
    Clare

i have tried this myself, and it did NOT work, still stuck on Building Environment. do you know what is causing this? i love this game, as do my mates, but i cant see me playing this if i cant get my game to load. i can start a new game, but three of my saves do not work, and i cant justify starting a new game if its going to happen again. i paid full price for this game, and just want to play it. the amount of hours we have put in has been wasted other wise. i have asked before on this forum, but can not seem to:
    A) get a solid reason as to why this has happened to me, and so many more
    B) know what to do about it, other than that mentioned above
    C) willingly play a game for it to make me constantly restart over

look forward to a reply
    HarshDaz242

Refugee

Building environment

Hi Clare,

I have reset my Xbox like you have advised and nothing. I died and when the screen popped up to ask where to spawn at the my Xbox lost connection like other people have mentioned. Now when I try to reload the save game it just shows building environment with the "dead music". It never reloads. Please help. On day 208