Thread: [Known Issue] POIs Missing in Random Gen

[Known Issue] POIs Missing in Random Gen

[STATUS: FIXED FOR PATCH 5]

A large number of Random Gen seeds are not generating any POIs or will only generate the Hub City.

Fix update: This has been fixed for Patch 5. The fix only works for new random generation games. If a player continues an existing random generation game created in Patch 4 or earlier, the fix will not apply.
    Last edited by Clare; 10-14-2016 at 09:30 AM.

Scavenger
    Hey Clare, hope you guys can get that issue fixed with the next patch, ive been dying to play random gen with the random POIs generating on every dirt road or finding a camp site im the middle of nowhere, because right now it feels so soooo empty and it really breaks the inmersion, im a bit jealous of pc players

I know its not easy, but if you can drop it with the next patch it would be like the best thing eveeeer, thanks for the support!

Scavenger
    Also looking forward to this patch. Tired of following side paths that have nothing at the end

Refugee

Agreed

Yeah. Not only on the console version here can we not see where the trail leads but alas 70% of the time it leads nowhere or to another road. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by OldJerry View Post
    Yeah. Not only on the console version here can we not see where the trail leads but alas 70% of the time it leads nowhere or to another road. *sigh*
    70% of the time is generous, try more like all the time. Every dirt road I have traveled in Random Gen has led to nothing..

Tracker
    One last question and youll see me vanish from these forums. Well, almost, I'll be very eager to know about A15 features coming to console. As I've said before, I play on console and pc but my friends are on console and I prefer playing on console anyway even tho my pc is plenty strong enough (take that pc master race) anyway, WHEN can we expect this fix? During the weekend by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post

A large number of Random Gen seeds are not generating any POIs or will only generate the Hub City.

Fix update: This has been fixed for Patch 5. The fix only works for new random generation games. If a player continues an existing random generation game created in Patch 4 or earlier, the fix will not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Gennev101st View Post
    Hey Clare, hope you guys can get that issue fixed with the next patch

SMH!!!

Refugee

Seeds....

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post

So, just curious. Sometimes when You start a new game and say I liked my friends random gen map he got, I can name my new game the same thing he named his and I got the same map...

1st question...Is that by coincidence, or is that a thing?

2nd question...If that is indeed a thing, If I start a new game on patch 5, will selecting a seed name from patch 4 generate POI's this time? If question 1 is not a thing then well I guess it doesnt matter then huh? lol

1st question is indeed a thing, the name that you select for your game is called a "seed" that determines the layout of the map.
    2nd question question, I suppose we'll have to wait for patch 5 to be sure but I think that this is the intention.