Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566

Thread: Guppy Server

I turned down the polling to 5 second intervals instead of 1 second. Eventually I'll try and find a way to execute the commands without it spamming the logs needlessly.

Can change the rate in the config file in the inetroot folder (milliseconds, so 5000 for 5 seconds etc)

I think what I'll do is modify allocs web mod and add an extra api web handler for just the main info call. I could build it into my mod but then I'd have to open an extra port for it, so will just adjust allocs for now.

That will allow for doing the data grab at a high refresh rate without spamming the logs

Dang! Nicely done! Can we hide the player ip behind a login? People are strangely touchy about that...

What's progress? Quests?

Oh, updated bcm.guppycur.com to point to that url. Forgot to mask it though, Oh well, will do it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    What's progress? Quests?
    xp for lvl / xp required (% of current level)

Dang! Nicely done! Can we hide the player ip behind a login? People are strangely touchy about that...
    I've commented out the ip line in index.html for now.

I'll have to add in some MVC stuff to do the logins for it. You can copy and paste the index.html page and mess with the template to hide/show whatever fields you want. You dont have to change the data model for that.

Once I get a no log spam data thing working I will up the refresh rate again and then start working on adding all the other sections like buffs/quests/inventory/crafting etc

I have an idea about making the api mod do a push to the web app rather than the web app requesting the updates. Doing it that way means no log hits and can have it only send data when someone is online.

Stats aren't up. At least on my phone, this very minute. You may be updating something, I dunno. I'm out of town.

Stats aren't up. At least on my phone, this very minute. You may be updating something, I dunno. I'm out of town.
    I'm away from home for the weekend so cant really work on it atm, but it appears there's a problem when more than one browser is viewing the page.

Not sure offhand why that is since it is supposed to do a broadcast to all clients, but I probably messed something up with the threading setup and its not keeping the data for multiple instances correctly. I'll debug it tomorrow and do some testing with multiple browsers open and see what its doing in the code.

The SignalR stuff is very new to me still so got a bit of learning to do.

I've got it set up to only poll for the offline list one time on server startup, after that it relies on checking the online list and updates the offline list without rechecking it with the server.

I have an idea for having the game server send a post to the web app rather than polling with the web app for data, so this will both eliminate the log spam and mean no traffic when no players are connected.

not so vital on a small server but with large player counts this will be a good change.
    Last edited by StompyNZ; 1 Day Ago at 06:33 AM.

Just did some testing on my desktop at home via vpn and it seems to work fine, so must be an issue with the setup on the 6200 server.

It's actually the first time I have deployed a .net app to iis in 20 years so I probably didnt set something up right.

For the signalr stuff it requires a websocket connection and it seems to be only allowing one at a time. The html is coming through fine but the data only comes though when the previous one closes.

Will have to research that a bit see if there's anything obvious

We are both out of town this weekend, so fuggit.

...sounds like a Monday problem.

Colony Founder
    Guppy you should also pencil in some time for yourself to try out the Starvation mod
    It even has a launcher so you don't have to even try and understand any SDX wizardry lol.
    Radiation zones, electricity, npc system and colony mechanics, animal husbandry, fishing.
    There is a ton of great content in there

I've been more or less keeping up with their thread...

We are both out of town this weekend, so fuggit.

...sounds like a Monday problem.
    Not sure what version of IIS that machine is running, but it might be related to an issue with using the full IIS version on a non server windows build. Apparently it is limited to 10 connections whereas using IIS Express on windows 10 allows unlimited.

Havven't been able to find much else to explain it. The only other thing I can think of that it might be is the .net version isn't new enough (unlikely) or web sockets isnt enabled on the server