Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 1

Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 1

Questions and Answers with Madmole is back and we have some nice cushy seats all reserved for you on the Alpha 16 hype train.

Rules

1) One question per person. Period. Additional questions will be deleted so ask your best one first if you plan to be a rule breaker.

2) Please do not answer anyone else's question. This is not a discussion thread. Simply ask your question, step to the left, and receive your soup.

3) Keep the questions focused on Alpha 16 or on "behind the scenes" development curiosity. Far future possibilities, next game, console status, etc. are off the table.

4) Read the threads and do not post duplicate questions. Please note: Turrets? and Flamethrowers? and Cars for passengers? are all duplicate questions. (Psst...the answer is: maybe)

And Finally....

Q: When is Alpha 16 going to be released?
    A: When it's done.
    Last edited by Roland; 10-06-2016 at 08:03 PM.

Only one question and I have so many! Better make it a good one!

Can you describe, in as many words as possible, the current or future (if applicable) AI system used by game.
    Last edited by The Gronk; 10-06-2016 at 08:21 PM.

Can we have a block shape selection window open on mouse right click and rotation of block mapped to middle mouse button or other keyboard button? Something like this:

Madmole, with the breadcrumb system will the issue of zombies spinning in circles directly below players when the player is out of reach on an upper floor be resolved for all regular zombies? I'm happy about the new ramming special ability but I'd like to see some behavior change in all the regular zeds (when they can't reach you) as well.
    Last edited by Roland; 10-06-2016 at 10:26 PM.

Colony Founder
    Do you think you will have some time in A16 to put some emphasis on the telnet output? I write the 7D2D RAT server manager and it would be nice to get information such as when someone kills a zombie, what type of zombie it was, what weapon was used, etc. I could go into more detail, but will save that for another thread post, if you answer that you might have some time to improve that area a little. =) Of course, if it is easy to do, you can always do it in an A15 release and I'd be okay with that.

Will we be seeing a change with the current issues of zombies spawning in right behind you?

Any additional transport options coming in A16 e.g. quadbike, gyro-copter (ala Far Cry 4!).

Since you guys are re-doing pigs, why not model them after javelina since they would be really accurate for the AZ setting. It could also be something you would need to worry about attacking you. since they are at times pretty agressive IRL.

So, madmole, Alpha 16 dude!

What can we expect in terms of electricity? New traps? mechanisms that move blocks like Minecraft? (if it's planned for A16 that is)

Madmole - A15 is amaze-balls!

My question: How deep are you planning on taking the NPC system. Will there ever be more than just traders? Will there be factions and can we expect anything in this regard in A16?

Leader
    i usually give ya a hard time at times (sometimes its the morphine. sometimes its a bad sleep other times I completely disagree and sometimes its all 4 :-P ) but i am loving a15 totally and look forward to seeing this game in a16. what if i have only asked 1 question in like 15 Q and As lol do i get bonus questions :-P......

my question is - is there any chance that a16 might see bigger block ids at all . that way you guys can add alot more content hehe withoout stepping on those mods that add more stuff themsleves. Modders are crying out for more block ids. (PS: Roland said he will pay the wages for the day to get this done lol..he did I swear haha)
    Last edited by Roland; 10-06-2016 at 10:23 PM. Reason: I only pay in fertilizer mats...just so ya know.

Refugee
    MM, will there any greater threats to players other than ferals/bandits be added to the game?
    (e.g. Bosses, Events(disease,radioactive rain(damage to entire structure)fires,earthquakes,sinkholes, flooding)

First off, I want to say that I absolutely love 7 Days To Die and believe that it has more potential than any other survival game right now, but something needs to be said about its current state.

QUESTION: Can you guys NOT add anything in Alpha 16 and spend an entire build just doing bug fixes, balancing, and optimization? Mostly optimization.

It would be best to save all the cool new features (like Bandits and Sleeper Zombies) for Alpha 17 when the game runs smoothly. The problem is that you guys keep adding cool new features without fixing the previous problems. Yes, I read the change logs during each update, but the game is still a broken mess. Alpha 15 runs about as bad as Alpha 13 did. Alpha 14 had the best performance.
    Last edited by AiRJacobs; 10-06-2016 at 09:33 PM.

Animal Farming

Madmole, great work on the game so far! I like A15 and am excited for the changes coming in A16.

I have always wanted to see animal breeding/farming (at the very least farmable chickens for a source of feathers and eggs). Would it be possible to put animals in a fenced off area (or perhaps a craftable chicken coup for chickens) and have them spawn in baby animals after a certain amount of time being in close proximity to another animal of the same kind? Also chickens could spawn birds nests or perhaps just harvest eggs straight out of the chicken coup.

Will we be getting bigger default backpacks or some kind of additional pack we can carry at any point of development?

Maybe we can have some loot specific sacks we can carry like a Dufflebag (for guns, ammo and parts) or a mining bag for raw materials, food bag, etc... but you can only have one equipped at a time? I think that would rock!