Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 1

Reconstructionist
    Are there any plans to update zombies, such as grab and bite animations, rather than usual hand slap animation?

Survivor
    when can we get a preview of the world creators tools someday ?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    As I lay in a hospital bed on dilaudid, my only question is about vultures... What will their new purpose be, and what behavior changes will you make from bees.

(It's the same question, roland, leave me alone. )
    Last edited by Roland; 10-06-2016 at 11:19 PM. Reason: you made me google dilaudid....

Refugee
    Cars. Still thinking about them? To start with, even just a 2-seater would do, though eventually of course, 4 would be better. If you're not the driver you should be able to look around, open inventory, craft, shoot through the windows, all that good stuff, but not actually move (outside of getting in and out of the vehicle, regardless of whether it's moving or not).

Outside of that, keep up the good work guys

Refugee
    Hello madmole. Love A15 and can't wait for A16.

Question: I saw "survivors" NPCs in the spawn list menu in debug mode, could you elaborate your plans on these NPCs? Will they be UMA too?

Reconstructionist
    Have you considered a re-look at some of the "early game" recipes for basic survival? For example, why can't I pour a bottle of murky water into an empty can to make a can of murky water (so I can cook it on a fire). Or have sod actually be useful for construction in some cases, whereas right now it's basically obsolete from the start? I think some of these would greatly enhance the new player experience.

Ranger
    Hi Madmole, thanks for doing this Q&A. Have you considered adding a melee weapon that can be used effectively on horde night? Perhaps a pike that can reach zombies from the top of walls?

Any chances of getting skills to mod existing items like adding a flashlight to helmets/bows, or hardening metals to make things stronger and sharper?

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    As I lay in a hospital bed on dilaudid, my only question is about vultures... What will their new purpose be, and what behavior changes will you make from bees.

(It's the same question, roland, leave me alone. )
    Are you really in the hospital or trolling?

Umm all I can promise is hornets that look like vultures. Hopefully we get something better than that, but that is what I can get done for sure. And I can justify that because zombies have no stamina and a limited CNS function, so they could in theory just hover around like the current hornets do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrdrinc View Post
    Have you considered a re-look at some of the "early game" recipes for basic survival? For example, why can't I pour a bottle of murky water into an empty can to make a can of murky water (so I can cook it on a fire). Or have sod actually be useful for construction in some cases, whereas right now it's basically obsolete from the start? I think some of these would greatly enhance the new player experience.
    Because we don't want to clutter the recipe list up with a jillion recipes. Then you'll want a can of goldenrod tea and other stuff. Sod probably needs to just be removed from the game, its pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Because we don't want to clutter the recipe list up with a jillion recipes. Then you'll want a can of goldenrod tea and other stuff. Sod probably needs to just be removed from the game, its pointless.
    but then how will i make hobbiton?

Colony Founder
    Are there any plans to add RWG tweaks to new game creation? I.e. biome sizes, max lakes, max mountain height, sliders for this kind of stuff?

tl;dr: There was some discussion of melee combat improvements in the Alpha 16 Dev thread. Would keeping it as simple as in Shadow Warrior be adequate with just combos like: Forward + Forward + Attack be adequate?

Keeping it simple yet interesting.

Examples Given: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLT6sMfAI_M

Tracker
    I have so many questions and ideas it's hard to pick just one lol.

I'll go with the simplest one and hope for a second round of questions.

Will A16 be like A15 where the community test and report bugs and if so when will it start (no exact date required just a rough estimate will do)

Thanks Flix

Quote Originally Posted by Jackelmyer View Post
    Are there any plans to add RWG tweaks to new game creation? I.e. biome sizes, max lakes, max mountain height, sliders for this kind of stuff?
    Someone should make a thread called: Interesting Seeds.

People beiefly describe the area and maybe a map or view screenshot.