Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 1

Hey MM and TFP. Quickly wanted to say thanks for such a great game. I have been playing since A6 with almost 700 hours and really love how the game has progressed. I love how you guys are active in the forums to answer our questions and take feedback from the community.

Would be cool to see a video or some pictures of some battle stations and/or the guys working on the game.

Are there any plans for new weapons and/ or traps? I feel like we have had for the most part, the same traps or variants of the same traps for quite some time. One of my ideas is to have a metal plate with spikes on it that swings to really create some damage. For example, have the plate in the ceiling that swings down when something is about to walk by.

Ranger
    Awesome game I have over 2400 hrs playing and growing.
    Question: will Alpha 16 RWG Map become borderless like it used to be back in the day ?

Thanks for all the hard work you and the team has put into 7D2D.

Refugee
    Thanks Pimps for making 7DTD. It was always my 'go to game' when I didn't know what to play, since Alpha 15 it's all I've played.

Q: Now that the problem with zombies not making any sound seems to be fixed can we get a 'Creeper Zombie' that doesn't make any sound?
    I used to love getting the crap scared out of me by noiseless zombies, usually while I was whacking away at some wood (damn, I've typed it so it must stay).

Cheers

What about socket road system? Socket river system? Interstate highways?

The current RWG world really looks great, but without interstate highways it looks... like a disjointed unrealistic mess of hills and erm... more hills... and some lakes, in the way of a few towns dotted around. Not trying to insult, what we have is great, but it could be so much more!

Interstate highways going from city to city would make travel so much more interesting, with abandoned cars\buses\military vehicles along the way. Off\on ramps, rest stops with fast food joints, bathrooms...

I am very curious about the next iteration of RWG, and I am guessing we won't see this in alpha 16?

Have you ever considered the possibility of allowing us to loot zombies thru iron bars?

Railroads?

Hi Madmole - thank you for a wonderful and very scary game!

The new road system looks great and made me wonder whether it could be used to make railroad tracks as well? With the exception that when passing a hill or mountain, the railroad would tunnel through rather than go over it.

The horrors of walking through a long, dark tunnel with zombies hiding in small openings would be great!

Wrecked trains on the line could provide interesting loot, and new POIs such as stations, water towers and industries would add new interest to the random world.

My one Question is Will we see NPCs,
    Will we be able to interact with them? will they have quest related to them,or could we recruit them as companions or pets?

Hi MM

Loving A15, really nice work on the distant terrain.

Question: Any chance of the backstory of the apocalypse as seen in 7DtD getting fleshed out in A16?
    More quests that lead the player to the backstory or books that can be read as per Skyrim?

Inquiring minds want to know

Is it possible to give the pig and stag the random chance of copying the ramming behavior of the Fat Hawaiian Shirt Zed, whenever you get that going..? So we can have that moment of suspense when we hit the critter! (Because Guppy stole my question...)

Hey MM - A15 is the pinnacle of your creation without a doubt, so thanks dude.

Question; Can you expand a bit more on "volume based Sleeper system" please? i.e. are we talking Splinter Cell type affair where players actions have differing sound values which will incrementally add until X decibels reached, when Sleepers will then rise? So basically like Heat but with sound? A visual representation might be a good idea in general and especially for any players with hearing issues such as a sound meter / bar in the HUD which shows the accumulation of sound and limit for sleeper spawns.

Please keep up the awesome, awesome work!

Thanks Madmole (and the rest of the Team) for all the hard work, keep it up I love it so far and this is the best Alpha yet!

Question:
    Is A16 going to see the implementation of Clothing Buffs? The current system for weather protection is far from perfect and having clothing items be able to apply buffs or debuffs on players would open up a whole new level of itemization for this game.

Colony Founder
    Will there be more survival? like water not everywhere. faster hunger and thirst degradation. (yes would be unrealistic, but i can spend the whole daytime of a 90min day (0nly for testing this so itīs basically one and a half day on default) outside without eating or drinking, thats no survival at all. not even a bit.)

Refugee
    Q. Will there be controller support

Hey stud, what are you thoughts on adding an environmental(?) hazard that will add some cons to underground living, in order to keep the survival feeling real? Like having to craft fueled air filters, or something similar?

PS: You guys are an inspiration to Unity users with this thing you've made

A15 distance terrain rocks - a total immersion booster - well done!

Do you ever foresee a Fallout 4 style settlement system (but with actual uses) ever coming to 7DaysToDie?