Thread: A little help with a conversion to SDX

Survivor

A little help with a conversion to SDX

Ok trying to convert SMX Hud to SDX but I get an error when loading the game and can't pin point what or where to fix it, any help? here is error and below the SDX code i made of the original mod.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=760811752

20160909162632_1.jpg

Here is the XML code I made for SDX any help or pointers?:
    http://pastebin.com/eW4hs7Lh

and here is the output TXT log:
    http://pastebin.com/mVyjsn38

and this is the end of the ouput TXt with the error:

Code:
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
       at  System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,XUiFromXml+StyleData].Add  (System.String key, StyleData value) [0x00000] in <filename  unknown>:0 
       at XUiFromXml+StyleData..ctor (System.String _name, System.String _type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
       at XUiFromXml.D (.XmlFile ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
       at XUiFromXml.Load (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
       at WorldStaticData.Init (System.String _name, .XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
       at WorldStaticData.V (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
       at WorldStaticData+XE.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
       at GameManager+JL.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
       at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext  (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in  <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

2016-09-09T18:07:27 193.091 INF OnApplicationQuit

Thanks for anyhelp!

When you created your config file, did you add the complete SMX changes to it?

I believe FrontEnd.exe merges the config files with the existing controls / styles / windows. If so, that could explain why you have duplicates in those files.

-SphereII

Survivor
    Yes but he also has edit on those as you saw on the SMX xml i did with the append as they shuold be. so maybe only take out the edits, and load them?
    Last edited by elpuertorro; 09-09-2016 at 11:06 PM.

You may want to try using his Xui XMLs as a base to your SDX, then merge the other SDX mods into his, rather than trying to merge his Xui into vanilla.

-SphereII

Survivor
    Update!!

Almost there, now I just need the backgrounds for the Lvl/day/time and Health/Stamina to show up!!

20160910013835_1.jpg

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    You may want to try using his Xui XMLs as a base to your SDX, then merge the other SDX mods into his, rather than trying to merge his Xui into vanilla.

-SphereII
    I think i get what your saying but this is not only for me!! I'm doing the conversion for all who use SDX if i go your route then anyone who wants to use it has to alter their files,

The whole purpose of doing it and asking for help is that they just DL the file, add to SDX, then click on the SDX to add to the mods, compiles, then launches and works!

it's way easier to just merge the files to the game, but that's not my goal, I'm hoping this community picks 1 or 2 tools for modding as for example Skyrim, you have the Nexus manager and Mod Organizer, and what ever mods are made they make them to be used with both.

Here you have, Manual Edit Mods or SDX Mods but the guys who make Manual edits Mods are not willing to learn/use SDX as they think is complicated and is actually not I already did 1 conversion the Autowall by Valmar easy and simple, this one on the other hand since the Modder is REINVENTING the wheel of how to mod the XML files, well adds more unneeded complexity, yet I can't criticize him for it because is a new way of doing things even if it means the PLAYERS HAVING A HARD TIME to get them to work to enjoy the game.

So that's my goal make this work on SDX as simple as DL the file, add to SDX, compile, hit play and enjoy!

Survivor
    New problem can't see the mod anymore only vanilla, in the screen above had left over code from merged xml's in to vanilla,

What i did notice is that SDX compiles and adds the code to the bottom of the vanilla and i think that is where the problem is, I'm no expert on SDX so don't know how to go about making SDX merge the xml keeping the structure and not just pushing them to the end, but I'll figure it out, hopefully before Alpha 16 is out lol!

As far as I got a bit time left I try to help you...but atm all my time goes into the current mod project me and Mortelentus and 2 other guys are working on. But we are getting closer

I think I understood what you were trying to do, and sadly, I'm not able to help you in that regard.

As Pacco mentioned, most of the SDX crew are working on a new mod, and do not have a lot of free time.

Spider is taking a leap into SDX with his True Survival, and I'm watching his development closely. I see XML and SDX modding as mutually beneficial, and I see them both coming together to provide great combined mods.

I think part of the challenge with what you are trying to accomplish is that the UI needs to be able to work intimately with the mods, in that if not done properly, some workstations will not work with an extra UI mod. I think this will always be challenge until TFPs separate the workstation UIs from the main overlay UI.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacco View Post
    As far as I got a bit time left I try to help you...but atm all my time goes into the current mod project me and Mortelentus and 2 other guys are working on. But we are getting closer
    Thanks Pacco no problem man i know you have your hands full, but was reading the How to write my own config and i THINK i got it so i'm gonna be testing in a bit to see if i can do it correctly.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    I think I understood what you were trying to do, and sadly, I'm not able to help you in that regard.

As Pacco mentioned, most of the SDX crew are working on a new mod, and do not have a lot of free time.

Spider is taking a leap into SDX with his True Survival, and I'm watching his development closely. I see XML and SDX modding as mutually beneficial, and I see them both coming together to provide great combined mods.

I think part of the challenge with what you are trying to accomplish is that the UI needs to be able to work intimately with the mods, in that if not done properly, some workstations will not work with an extra UI mod. I think this will always be challenge until TFPs separate the workstation UIs from the main overlay UI.
    No problem man I'll figure it out 1 way or the other with or without help it's something i want to do for me personal and won't quit until I get it or someone from the SDX says is not possible for x or y reason. well here i go keeping at it! wish me luck!

ps: I think you got the xml vs tool wrong what i meant by that is, if you ever played Skyrim or Fallout they have tools like SDX already mentioned in previous replies on this thread of course they use the xml to edit but the END USER doesn't have to touch them or mess with them, that's what i'm getting at, modders will always use the xml and what not but i'm talking about the END USER not having to touch any of it just DL the Mod Install with the Mod Manager (SDX in this case) and press play!
    Last edited by elpuertorro; 09-10-2016 at 11:53 PM.

Survivor
    Well almost got it but since i don't know much of coding xml there is a few things that need to be REPLACED i manage to get 1 done using the SDX Tutorials after absorbing a lot and I do mean a lot of info lol, but using the same code can't "FIND" the other section that needs to be replaced with the Mod's XML files. still working on it in case anyone is interested.
    Last edited by elpuertorro; 09-29-2016 at 05:43 PM.