Page 1 of 341 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: [WIP] STARVATION by SDX team

[WIP] STARVATION by SDX team

STARVATION

The new Mod Pack from SDX Team

V15.2.9.15

A16 INFORMATION

The idea is to make a mod that tries to make things harder, more interesting, but also highly rewarding later in the game. Again, coding have been made by me, and most graphics where made by Pacco.

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD THIS MOD, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD OUR TERMS OF USE.

IF YOU'RE WANDERING ABOUT A16 STATE

A VERY WELL DESERVED THANKS to the important contribution of:
    • Pacco for all the graphics, xml, patience and dedication
    • Matite for the numerous assets we're using, made by him (garage door, drawbridge and numerous plants)
    • Dissolutionskey for providing resources for development and testing, for the awsome ideas, and for all the moral support
    • xtended2l for his extensive review, cleaning and balancing of the xml (still in proggress)
    • OzHawkeye for his ideas and suggestions, and for the time he spent testing gameplay (and still is)
    • Well, myself for... scripting?
    • Stallionsden for his testing and suggestions.

ALERT - This mod is demanding. It is stongly advisable that you have a bare minimum of 8GB ram, preferably 16GB.

I would put some enphasis on some of the new stuff we're trying to incorporate. The most visible aspect will obviously be the player colony. Player colonies give you, the player, the possibility to recruit and employ survivors. This "survivor" NPCs can be assigned a multitude of tasks, from cook to guards, and many of the end items will somehow require you to developt and maintain a well structured colony, which you can do alone or with your friends...

This is just the most visible "tip of the iceberg" since we're trying to incorporate so many of our previous mods in a way that makes sense. We're refining them, adapting them as needed and even making new interesting things, hoping that in the end this package can provide an experience as interesting as possible. While realism plays a important role, it's not what it's all about. There are still fun and illogical stuff. Because it's fun!

During this development stage we will providing the mod using our custom launcher, since there are still many things that will unavoidably change or be added/removed.

We feel that it is finally ready for public testing, so we are providing both client and server launcher links.

The launcher will replace / update all necessary files, so even if you have no contact with SDX, this should be straight forward. I would advise you to keep a copy exclusively for this pack, for now. We had to reuse a lot of IDs (i've made a small tool to find and assign free ids, that I can share if there is enough interest), so keep that in mind if you want to integrate it with other stuff.
    Again, this is work in progress, there may be an ocational error that we missed, and balancing problems, but I don't expect anything to bad. Please remember that if you decide to help us.

IMPORTANT NOTE: there are so many new things, that I strongly advise you to take a quick look at the OVERVIEW DOCUMENT before playing (translated versions on second post). Another thing to keep in mind is that this mod is INTENDED to be HARDER then vanilla... Zombies are just the least of your worries on your day-to-day life.... Keep attentive to sounds, watch where you step, plan your actions...

INSTALLATION:
    Check THIS POST for installation instructions!

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS START THE GAME FROM THE LAUNCHER. It needs some parameters. Also remember to restart the launcher after an update or it may download again, sorry about that.

NOTE: to install on a server you can simply use the server launcher if you have full access... If you only have ftp access, things get a bit tougher and it requires some knowledge not only of SDX. As usually, we'll try to help if at all possible, but in the end it will be down to your server provider.

I leave you with Pacco's small preview video.

You can also check "Modding Chronicles" for more info about the Colonies, armor buffs and other interesting stuff.

we started working on a wiki for the mod, here
    if you want to help with building it up, contact rentechd or any Starvation Team member

Here is a Poll for the latest update, would be nice if you let us know what you think

F.A.Q.:
    When it will be available for a16?

We will try our best to get it done asap, but it will take few weeks, depending on how much we have to change, and the spare time the team members will have...
    And no, there will be no experimental a16 version of this mod

"Failed to create an empty document" fix:
    this issue mostly happens on computers, where windows 7 has been upgraded to Windows 10. Check this video
    Also, check if you have administrative privilegies on PC. Are you sure you are PC administrator?♥
    Also, maybe UAC blocks the administrative privilgies for the launcher. Are you sure you run it "As Administrator"?

If you checked all of this, I can only advise you to reinstall the operating system, because the problem is there.
    Last edited by Mortelentus; 08-28-2017 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Update to 15.2.9.15/F.A.Q./Poll link

INSTALLATION PROCEDURES

ALERT - This is a DEMANDING MOD! It is stongly advisable that you have a bare minimum of 8GB ram, preferably 16GB.

This post serves the purpose of explaining installation procedures. From this time forward, we will only provide updates via launcher (direct auto install) or github (SDX mod).

So here are this available links and what they have:

• Client /Server Launcher - This link contains our new launcher, created by Xtended2l. After you configure the correct paths, all you have to do is press update if needed, or START. It will also create a shortcut that you can use to start the game. This new launcher uses incremental updates, so after the fist install it will only download / replace newer files. If you notice something, please contact Xtended2l or myself

donate.png

Here are a couple of fan helpful resources you can check for installation help:

Check Written instructions HERE

Or check this video:

NOTE ABOUT DEDICATED SERVERS:

First of all, let me start saying that I'm very thankful and honored that this mod is getting so much attention. I have been impressed and even overwhelmed by the amount of reactions, good or bad, that we've been getting from everywhere... So thank you all, like it or not, for all the help and support!

Now, I've been trying my best to help everyone asking me for dedicated server help. The truth of the matter is that I/we simply cannot help everyone, and I cannot keep taking all my free time on that. We don't have the time nor the resources to try every server provider out there. Some will allow you to use SDX mods, some wont. We are using servers provided by one member of our team and, as such, we are somewhat privileged in the type of access we have. We do know that some players have it already on some server providers, but that's all I know.

My advise to you is experiment with your local servers, understand SDX and the files it needs, and only then try to move to your server providers... I do have a guideline what is needed, from files to startup parameters, if you need it just ask me.

Xtended2l is also working hard on making the launcher as easy as possible to configure dedicated servers, if you happen to have full access to it (like a local machine, or a cloud virtual machine with RDP for example). The launcher is also very helpful to configure your local servers, which you can then use as base to update remote servers via FTP.

In the end all I / we can do is providing a small generic guideline of what is needed to run a SDX server and make the launcher as easy as possible for those who can use it, but that is it!

Maybe together we can can up with a list of providers that allow SDX mods, but we'll need everyone collaboration for that

Again, thank you all for understanding and for the support!

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: IF you need to upload files to a server (via FTP for exemple) and need an example of a settings.ini file, please put the FOLLOWING SETTINGS.INI on your managed folder (7DaysToDie_Data\Managed), replace "c:\mygamefolder" with the correct path.
    Last edited by Mortelentus; 03-27-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Wow! speechless.....

.....and what are TFP pushing back and not including in A15? Looks like everything you are adding.
    Last edited by Spider; 09-11-2016 at 12:51 AM.

Oh I am sooo PMing you both right now
    Can't wait to try this out, have been watching the YouTube clips as they come out I am subscribed to both on you on YouTube just so I see the new stuff you are working on

Nice guys loving it so far, no issues installing and playing.
    Doing a legit play through as opposed to creative mode testing.
    Have noticed some new crops that I have not seen in Headbands (cherries for example) and I saw a yellow thing in the wasteland and ran over thinking is that a new plant? it was a python! Nice
    Oh and that survivalist armoured car/truck prefab, awesome work did not get to loot it as it was surrounded by zombies and was locked but wow it looks great and I REALLY need to loot it now to check out the goodies
    New food recipes and reduced food stack sizes also.
    Only just moved to day 2 (just after midnight day 1) so I will post more once I have seen more

Hunter
    Glad you are enjoying it! If you have more feedback please be as descriptive as possible. Also please feel free to suggest balance tweaks if you think something needs to be adjusted. Most important though.... HAVE FUN. A lot of passion went into this.

Yea mate, glad you're enjoying

We'll probably make a small update tonight, mostly xml and a special prefab .

And we'll probably make the launcher link public after that, see if we can push a "full release" in the meanwhile

Here is another preview Video now to the full working Power Plant....

to the Plants and Trees, here is a list whats in atm, btw all of them with own plant/tree model and different grow stages......
    - OrangeTree
    - LemonTree
    - LimeTree
    - PeachTree
    - PearTree
    - CherryTree
    - Eggplant
    - Sunflower
    - Carrot
    - Onion
    - Salad
    - Strawberrys
    - Sweet Pepper (Paprika)
    - Garlic
    - Coconut Palm
    - Date Palm
    with big thx to matite:
    - Banana Plant
    - Apple Tree
    - Sugar cane
    - Tobacco Plant
    - Wheat
    - Tomato Plant
    - Bamboo

most of them with own fruit model and many recipes to cook with them
    Last edited by Pacco; 09-12-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissolutionskey View Post
    Glad you are enjoying it! If you have more feedback please be as descriptive as possible. Also please feel free to suggest balance tweaks if you think something needs to be adjusted. Most important though.... HAVE FUN. A lot of passion went into this.
    Will do
    Was running through the forest and suddenly got injured and a debuff, thought 'must have been a snake...' turned around and it was a spider lol.
    That debuff for the spider bite was especially nasty on the stamina, could not see any antivenom recipes on the campfire or in backpack crafting so I assume it is either on a different workbench or loot only.
    I got killed before I got to see how bad it was going to be over the whole duration so next time it happens I will check it over the whole duration.
    Pretty nasty on the wellness drops tho with a long duration 1.5hrs by memory.
    Loving it and will continue to test and advise
    Last edited by Doombringer101; 09-12-2016 at 10:43 AM.

Lol the World is a bit more dangerous now.....and there are 2 more of those "traps"
    But you could mix yourself a Cube Libre to get a bit wellness back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacco View Post
    Lol the World is a bit more dangerous now.....and there are 2 more of those "traps"
    But you could mix yourself a Cube Libre to get a bit wellness back.
    Yeah I liked it how you made them traps gotta watch where you are going in the wilderness

Awesome work SDX team! Love that wood spear for the early game, so much to discover, the new launcher works like a charm! Thanks

Refugee

Stack sizes

Hey,

First of all i really like the mod, played like 3-4 hours and made some progress and noticed things i would like to adress.

Was out there hunting for forge materials and noticed that raw meat only stacks to 5, which i find a bit harsh if u want to store some food and loot different things

Also noticed that wooden spear seems to be pretty op when power leveling, but after all was really impressed with the work u have done! Keep up the good work and i'm sure we have something on the way that will change the gaming experience for many ppl.

Also would love to see materials ex. Wood, Stone, Iron, Clay to stack like 5000 mostly to make bag space handling a little bit easier when farming and scavenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Derppis View Post
    Hey,

First of all i really like the mod, played like 3-4 hours and made some progress and noticed things i would like to adress.

Was out there hunting for forge materials and noticed that raw meat only stacks to 5, which i find a bit harsh if u want to store some food and loot different things

Also noticed that wooden spear seems to be pretty op when power leveling, but after all was really impressed with the work u have done! Keep up the good work and i'm sure we have something on the way that will change the gaming experience for many ppl.

Also would love to see materials ex. Wood, Stone, Iron, Clay to stack like 5000 mostly to make bag space handling a little bit easier when farming and scavenging.
    Hi and thanks for the feedback, and glad you're enjoying this first test version.

We've already received some more feedback about the melee, and we're already trying to tweak them, to make them a little less overpowered. I'm also drastically reducing the revolver/magnum drop chance.

As for the food stack, we did that on purpose... One of the main goals of the mod, is to make players feel the need to build up and maintain a working survivor colony, and making food scarce was on our top list. On top of that, I'll probably add bag food spoilage soon, to be honest ...

Let's see what other people say about stack sizes (both food and raw mats), but we'll probably keep it like that unless there's a huge demand to change them. I'm really a sucker for inventory management, and I may influencing that part a bit too much, so we'll see

This mod moto is a bit different from Headbanger's, which is much faster paced and relaxed, while this one intends to be harder and more "brainy". But keep in mind that all this configurations, even bag food spoilage (not in container, just player bag) when it comes, will always be configurable via xml, so people will be able to change them to their personal preferences.
    Last edited by Mortelentus; 09-12-2016 at 07:55 PM.

IMO, cooked food being by stack of 5 only is somewhat OK.
    It's mostly annoying very early ,but after 2-3 days you have a stash of stuff placed somewhere. As you come back often to put you junk inside it, you can just eat at this moment and don't bring food with you. It also make more valuable thing that have more hunger value.

However, the raw food is really harsh. Hunting require so much slot in your inventory that if you want to hunt more than 2 animals you won't be able to grab much more stuff.

ATM I just trow away the meat half the time and keep my slot for scavenging. I doesn't appeal me to have only so little value for one slot in my inventory; I just eat what I find on the go. And if I took the perk to slow down the need to eat, I guess I would do this even end game.

EDIT : When I think of it, if you really wanted to make the game harder for the food, you should just change how hunting works because it's extremely easy (even by accident) to get a bug that allow you have tons of meat anyway.
    Last edited by Oragepoilu; 09-12-2016 at 08:44 PM.