Thread: Water World

Survivor

Water World

Hi guys

So after reading about random gen maps and the name of the world altering to suit I decided to create a new random gen called " Water World" and HOLY S&*t

so I spawned in and ran about 1 minute at this time there is nothing different, the I come across this HUGE Lake and decide to trace the outside of the lake to look at how big it really is, was I in for a shock.

It took me 1 1/2 days to map this Lake I found some roads that had been cut off, then I was thinking these Biome's are strange, waste land then forest waste land forest. So I checked my map.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5onitmr3tj...orld1.jpg?dl=0 (sorry for image quality took photo on my phone)

So as you can see the lake IS huge as the land I mapped was an island in the lake

on day 3 I decided to see if there was any other land took me about 10 mins of swimming to find more land I was going off the lake bed looking for rises on the bottom that I suspect would take me to land.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxocjvmpi3...orld2.jpg?dl=0

So if any one is up for a challenge id highly recommend this, lots to explore and searchable items are not that common.

Good luck.

Swanny

Survivor
    Insanity! Where does the hub fall on the map?

Survivor
    I've just found the hub at 0.0 that's also on an island not much bigger then the hub itself.

Hey at least we don't need to build a mini bike

Survivor
    At least it isn't underwater!

Yeah, I'd say a minibike is pretty useless on this map. Time to add canoes!

Survivor
    Definitely that would be awesome. Also need scuba diving gear as on day 6 now and all but 1 air drop landed in the water.

Refugee
    The ability to craft and loot parts to make some sort of raft would make sense to add in future updates. Especially on a map like that.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny82 View Post
    Definitely that would be awesome. Also need scuba diving gear as on day 6 now and all but 1 air drop landed in the water.
    Oh, ouch! Those air drops are basically a lifeline early game. I think if you're centered in the larger island before they drop, they shouldn't land in the water anymore. It seems they only land so far away and that Island seems large enough for them to land on the outer edges in the very least.

Survivor
    Check out No Mans Land RG using random gen, would like too see someone on PC if this would be the same on PC and try this on creative and uncover the map we can't fly on ps4 yet? It has a lot of high steap cliffs and lots of water in the north half.

I would like way to make bridge eaiser like blocks that won't break and they can make support as they drop in water durablity would be low or something like a styrofoam block ever 6 block appart that would float!

or something like scuba gear but needs a limit just long enought to get supply drops and build suports for birdges.
    Last edited by gtasthehunter; 09-11-2016 at 10:24 PM.

Hunter
    if you like water maps try " los angelas" the entire map is water with a few dozen islands, most of them connected by roads.

before anyone says it, yes i know its spelled wrong.

Refugee
    im down, hope i can get a picture of what it is lol

Tracker
    I always thought the ability to build a raft that is 6 blocks long and 4 wide would be awesome. Build empty gas barrels to make it float.

I delete maps that have too much water. Water is such a waste of time getting around or jumping on the water to go across it.

But this is all wishful thinking. TFP are done with this game on console. They got their money to keep it going on PC how they dont care about it.......... skyler thunder will come in here and post that they cant do anything because TTG went out of business, but that's bs.

Such a good game with so much potential and they leave us without saying anything. Such a horrible company

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by TrippySly2222 View Post
    im down, hope i can get a picture of what it is lol
    Use your stone shovel to dig up clay, not 3 year old posts