Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pimp Dreams Console Edition

Pimp Dreams Console Edition

Lets get a thread going of what we would like to see added to the console side.
    This is not a thread for anyone to complain, but simply hope the right people will read the thread and add some of our ideas.

I'll start with two simple things;
    1. 90 min day length. 60 is great once you are a couple days in and 120 is a bit long. I loved the 90 min for the first 3 days to get established.

2. The ability to scrap from whatever your looting.
    So many times my bags are full and I have room for the scrap version of the loot but now have to play musical bag slots in order to simply scrap something.

Zombie Hunter
    1. A16 lighting

2. Scrapping from outside you satchel (loot window)

3. 5.1 sound.

to be fair 1 & 3 would make me happy i can deal with the scrapping from the loot window

Tracker
    1) unicorns
    2). Lasers for mah unicorn
    3) revamped aiming.

I know I've got a better shot at 1 &2 than 3, but a man can dream right?

Man...I sort of made this one up but I like the sound of it.
    An additional bow and recipe. Not the wooden bow, but a recurve. Make it so it has to be forged at a workbench, requires animal fat(as sinew), wood, and leather (reinforcing limbs, grip, etc). The workbench requirement basically simulates the drying process to give a bow real power. Sinew equates to a better string than plant fiber. Of course, the downside would be making the wooden bow weaker to reflect the flimsy nature of one made on the fly.

Inventor
    The ability to copy the rotation of blocks.

Refugee
    1) Big need: Traders. The console game feels lonely without them as your only other company is Little Timmy stopping by to grief you. Wanted this in patch 10 (sigh, maybe next time)

2) Big want: Electical system (totally understand this just came out in A16 and I'll probably be waiting a long time)

3) Understandable omission: Even with draw distances set to long sniping feels like a joke as zoom cannot be done for long enough distances to be believable. I totally understand this could be a hardware limitation.

Edit: Forgot to mention the absurd amount of time I've played this game. Have only had an XB1 for a year or so and bought a ton of games for it during Christmas. (You know, for the kids) This one by far eats up the most of my gaming time. Kudos for such an amazing, buggy, frustrating, intensely wonderful game.
    Last edited by BunnyMaster; 06-30-2017 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Forgot kudos

Colony Founder
    Ok so I know everything on the PC will not be able to go on console. Some of this might not be able to but some might.

1- night vision (what pc is now)
    2- paint
    3- more pois (not sure if console can deal with tall buildings. But at least like the log cabin for rwg, prison, school on rwg, just to name a few of course as many as possible would be great lol).
    4- add a few more kind of zombies. ( I know Sony or Microsoft probably wont approve the stripper but I could careless about that one).
    5- ability to craft anything in game. ( if I wanna rebuild the book store, house ect ect... I should be able to make it or learn a skill to make it). Without goin into creative. I refuse to do creative I like a challenge.
    6- compund bow
    7- the what is it umm the way the towns are layed out now on pc. Idk lol

probably a few other things but those 7 would be really nice. Lol I have pc so I can enjoy these things anyway but most my friends don't have a pc so it be nice to enjoy this stuff on console. I don't think any of it would be to hard for the console. Maybe some poi's but like a said just a few different ones would be nice.

Behemoth,

Digger zombie madmole that blasts through your underground concrete bunker like the koolaid man

Chicken farm never ending supply of feathers, eggs, and meat

Painting

Jail cell door craftable

I'm sure I could make an endless list but just a few ideas

Survivor
    Some kind of water transport - raft, canoe, kayak etc

Fishing

Like above said electricity - if/when it comes in the distant future (I know its only just come out on A16 but it looks great)

This thread is a good idea jetZeds, it'll help keep suggestions post Patch 10 together.

I would like to remind people that in the Console area, suggestions really should be limited to things from PC you'd like to see on console, or minor adjustments to mechanics and other things.

Anything big, like a new item or new feature would need to go through TFP first and it would be best to suggest that in the main PIMP DREAMS section.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    This thread is a good idea jetZeds, it'll help keep suggestions post Patch 10 together.

I would like to remind people that in the Console area, suggestions really should be limited to things from PC you'd like to see on console, or minor adjustments to mechanics and other things.

Anything big, like a new item or new feature would need to go through TFP first and it would be best to suggest that in the main PIMP DREAMS section.
    It should maybe be a sticky thread so it don't get lost in pages and pages. At least temporary. Just a thought

Scavenger
    I would like the things that were only available through traders (steel polish Im looking at you) available as a small percentage drop from something (anything please dear god) at least till we maybe someday get traders...

Also would love to have the cool things that were teased in the new patch notes not be stuck in creative mode only (jail cell door, stainless steel)

Other than the in the patch but cruelly withheld items, I might cut a person just to get the cool painting system that Joel did videos on.

Scavenger
    Paint (been saying it for a while and truly believe it will be added at some point).

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_from_yesterland View Post
    1) unicorns
    2). Lasers for mah unicorn
    3) revamped aiming.

I know I've got a better shot at 1 &2 than 3, but a man can dream right?
    Yes better aiming! The camera is horrible on consoles in its current form

jetZeds - Nice Post! Great thinking.
    Numma 1 with a bullet - Scrap from loot container. That would be a major big plus. I've read in another post you made somewhere that it would be great for when z's are on your ass and you're trying to loot and run. Leaving behind a crappy gun part for lack of inventory space when you could just dump it in your scrap iron pile lickety-split.
    Also though, even when you're not in a mad rush. You've gotta dump a stack of cloth/feathers/whatever into a container to loot/scrap something only to retrieve the other item, just seems like unnecessary extra steps.
    I feel like I'm more frustrated by this because of the comparative unresponsiveness of a PS4 controller over a mouse/keyboard. I've got my menu sensitivity cranked just to help speed me up. But the "snap to" items in the inventory sometimes get me thrown off.

#1...b? Ability to turn off snap to in the inventory. Possibly so long as 65% of a slot is under your cursor you'll pick that slot. I'm not sure how helpful that'd be but sometimes in the heat of the moment when I'm trying to manipulate an item or two in a hurry because of whatever reason, the cursor is snapping all over the screen except (murphy's law of course) on the slot I need it to go to.

#2: Console abilities notwithstanding, and I would imagine this would have a significant impact. But the ability to toggle between vertical/horizontal split screen would be nice. I'm used to vertical playing with the wife. However, I personally wish it were horizontal. For two reasons:
    first: it takes a while to get used to playing "with blinders on", where your Field of view is about 90 degrees infront of you. If you play single player there's a lot more lateral view that you realize your missing out on. This has been made more "important" by the Dog issue. Not to get off on a tangent here but... Dogs move fast, which is fine, they're dogs and I understand that. However, when they charge you they seem to hit and move through you. They then turn (faster than I can) and hit you from behind and move through you. Now even before the 1st hit was done you've started to pivot and by the time you get all the way around the first 180 the dog is already at your back (used to be front before you turned). I feel like with the narrow FoV it's making it damned near impossible to finally center a dog before he's already gotten several "free hits" off on you. Horizontal split screen would at least increase the FoV and give a better chance of seeing your surroundings, finding loot, and dealing with those brutal dogs.

Also, the division between two screens horizontally is often non-descript. If we're both looking at similar vistas it can be difficult to see where her screen ends and mine begins. It gives this homogeneity, to the screen and almost a sensation of vertigo. I can't count the number of times we've trying to "turn into" each others screen because, well, it looked like we could. It was too fluid of a transition.
    With a horizontal split, while generally looking "ahead to the horizon" the screens would be split along the "earth/sky" line. Obviously we may both be looking up, or down, or at a wooden wall which would make it homogenous again. But that's a far less frequent similarity.

Lastly. And shortest!!

It's a console game. The finesse-ability of a mouse is absolutely lost on a controllers analogue sticks. There is far to much dead-space on the controls to allow for "fine" control over the cursor. Aim-Assist (toggle-able for those show offs who "don't need it") would be a blessing. I suck... and I need it. And it'd be better than manipulating hit-boxes on everything. My cursor already snaps to all the inventory slots I don't want. How's about it "snaps to" some zombie heads! I'm not saying "Robin Hood Men In Tights - Patriot Arrow" kind of Aim-Assist. Just a fraction of a hair... A Smidgen if you will!

Thanks for reading!