Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: [Known Issue] Terrain Rewriting (MD5 Issue)

XB1 MD5 Glitch v1.0.10.0

Glitch occurred 19th February 2017 shortly after midnight (MST).

Survival SP
    Navezgame
    Adventurer
    Never Run
    Normal
    18 hours

Character : Grace

Day 14...

My base was setup on the roof of the PASS N GAS north west of DIERSVILLE, my mining area was just a little further north up the road. The mine area is untouched, no glitches occurred. However the base is gone! All my supplies, stores, equipment, my minibike was parked out back and was replaced with the broken car and a rickety fence as per day 1.

I quit immediately upon discovering the error, reloaded, and you guessed it... the base is still gone.

I played for another half hour, trying to re-establish myself, but it is truly disheartening to try to rebuild with no supplies and no food and 6 hours from a blood moon.

I truly hope you guys can figure this out, soon.

N1knukem

Thinking back... It happened before.

After reading a few other posts on this forum I decided that my very first game also suffered the MD5 error. Being a newbie I fumbled my way through the game, lots of mistakes, the biggest being my mining efforts. I did a massive open pit concept !!! My base of operations was the Shamway Foods building on the eastern side of the Navezgane Map, and my excavation was north east of the building into the big hill. I opened up a huge hole and strip mined layers and layers down and down. Then I noticed that the grass, cotton plants etc suddenly reappeared floating in the air above where the excavated ground used to be. I didn't realize that this was an issue at the time, and it really didn't affect my game play. But it probably was the MD5 glitch happening, resetting the terrain to Day 1.

N1knukem

Time Stamp

[QUOTE=N1knukem;586025]Glitch occurred 19th February 2017 shortly after midnight (MST).[QUOTE]

I just checked the save game file and it is time stamped ... 9/1/2014, not 2/19/2017

Significant?

N1knukem

Quote Originally Posted by N1knukem View Post
    After reading a few other posts on this forum I decided that my very first game also suffered the MD5 error. Being a newbie I fumbled my way through the game, lots of mistakes, the biggest being my mining efforts. I did a massive open pit concept !!! My base of operations was the Shamway Foods building on the eastern side of the Navezgane Map, and my excavation was north east of the building into the big hill. I opened up a huge hole and strip mined layers and layers down and down. Then I noticed that the grass, cotton plants etc suddenly reappeared floating in the air above where the excavated ground used to be. I didn't realize that this was an issue at the time, and it really didn't affect my game play. But it probably was the MD5 glitch happening, resetting the terrain to Day 1.

N1knukem
    Oh wow, that's really interesting that you were able to see that, thank you for the info you've provided!

And so it continues... another terrain glitch

So once again, I restarted in Navezgane... (same rules, same character as above).

I chose to stay away from the buildings in the game, and decided to build my own "shack" and set down the building blocks on the road west of WORKING STIFF TOOLS, just before the bridge. I built a modest little wooden home, fitted it out with the usual. With it being a small footprint to fit within the width of the road so that the terrain would not need to be refreshed with new debris, greenery, trees, cars, etc, it got very crowded in y little hovel.

Next to it, I built a mine entrance and proceeded to dig down at an angle until I hit the resources I needed.

I hunted, gathered and explored in all the usual places and made it as far as 10am-ish on day 6 before I encountered ANOTHER GLITCH <sigh>.

It occurred in the same place as my second game, at the PASS N GAS north of WORKING STIFF TOOLS and the FARM.

This time however... it was very different. A "football field" size area was leveled to about a quarter or a half a block below the normal level of the ground / road I was travelling north on. It levelled all the terrain, some of the building, the far north end was still there and I could see the dead guy on the roof at the very north end of the PASS N GAS. The two gas pumps were still there too. However the rest of the building and the yard and some of the clay terrain adjacent to the south were gone. Very gone! I stepped across the threshold onto the "football field" and it froze for a second or so while it processed the error. I managed to jump back into the good terrain and carry on, but of course I was intrigued and attempted to enter again. Again it froze for a second.

I decided it was time to cease and desist, I quit the game and it took a long time for it to spool the save game, so I hit the power button.

I restarted my XB1. The save game date was correct, it did not revert to 2014 like the previous two.

I really like this game, I mean I really REALLY like this game, but I can't keep investing time into it just to have it irretrievably crash every time I get established.

Here's hoping you guys and gals figure this out VERY soon !

N1knukem

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Side note: Roland made a good point that adding a manual save also changes the design of the game and changes how it is played - Possibly one of the reasons manual save option was not added to PC. So if this was added in it would likely be removed afterward, which again is digging back into code to undo all that was done.
    I have taken a hiatus from 7DTD because I have a build with hundreds of hours in to it and I don't want to jeopardize all that work I did. As some one who is careful to back up my data, I am taken back by the dismissal of the suggestion to add manual saves. The building mechanics in 7DTD are a huge draw and if there is an issue that corrupts that data I really think it is the developer's duty to fix that 100%, if the problem can't be fixed 100% find alternate solutions that protect the integrity of your customer's work.

I would suggest save files with revisions. Sure in a game like 7DTD that could be used to exploit, but it would respect the time of your audience who create large builds. Many of these people put these creations on YouTube which help to work as soft marketing for this game.

If these videos are filled with people complaining that The Fun Pimps / Iron Galaxy don't seem to have any solutions for build resets that would mar the effectiveness of that soft marketing.

This feature would be especially for the console players. The PC guys are seasoned to move on to brand new saves with every major update. Also PC players can take their builds, export them and import them into a brand new map as if they were apart of the map the developers gave you (which would be an AWESOME official feature for 7DTD). The console players are already getting a bit short changed with this game to begin with, having builds reset on us while the developers will not explore semi-unorthodox means for people to protect their time is kind of a kick in the teeth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by N1knukem View Post
    This time however... it was very different. A "football field" size area was leveled to about a quarter or a half a block below the normal level of the ground / road I was travelling north on. It levelled all the terrain, some of the building, the far north end was still there and I could see the dead guy on the roof at the very north end of the PASS N GAS. The two gas pumps were still there too. However the rest of the building and the yard and some of the clay terrain adjacent to the south were gone. Very gone! I stepped across the threshold onto the "football field" and it froze for a second or so while it processed the error. I managed to jump back into the good terrain and carry on, but of course I was intrigued and attempted to enter again. Again it froze for a second.
    Pics or video?

Reconstructionist
    Douche vader if your on the PS4 you can do a manual save simply export your recent save file to a USB drive i do this regularly as i have had the MD5 error on multiple occasions and have since been able to rectify the loss by loading my usb save , i also take a break every two hours of game play to upload the save to my usb to keep it recent

Refugee

MD5 error....I know this is a known issue but wanted to give my issue.

Hi Clare

Platform: Xbox One digital download
    World: Navezgane day 136

Local Co-op survival
    Characters: Hank and Rayah
    Difficulty: Warrior
    Zombies run: Default
    Enemy Aggression: Normal
    Daylight Hours: 18

Drop on death: Everything
    Enemy memory: 60
    Enemy spawning: High
    Block durability: 100
    Loot respawn time: 5
    Loot abundance: 100
    Air Drops: 168
    24 hour cycle: 120

First off, I want to say that I absolutely love this game. Did my research before purchasing, and my girlfriend and I became instantly addicted, lol. We both understood there would be glitches and other issues. We have definitely got our money's worth.

We had a base set up at the farm just northwest of Diersville. Upgraded the farm house, took down the barn and iron shed. Also removed small garage next to the farm house. Removed all corn crops, built a nice size wall, and built a "horde night" tower just west of the farm house. We experienced our first MD5 (or what it seems) on day 79, and it took out just a small section of wooden spikes just outside of our wall and replaced it with corn crops. So we rebuilt. Then on day 120, it took out a section of said wall plus the spikes on the same side and also replaced half of the garage. We laughed it off and rebuilt, lol.

Then day 136 hit us. We were getting ready to go on a scavenging hunt, and the game crashed. Respawned and two whole sections of the wall had been replaced with corn crops. The "horde night" tower was half gone and replaced with corn crops. Iron shed had returned, along with the garage. The farm house went back to it's normal state, and everything we had placed in it was gone. All storage boxes, full gun safe (gun safe had originally been there but went back to original state), forges, camp fires, mini bikes etc. We had nothing left. Even our bed rolls were gone. Being that we had nothing on us but med packs, antibiotics, and melee weapons....we knew we would not be able to survive day 140 horde night. Especially since we were getting daily and nightly zombie hordes.

So we deleted the world and started over from Day 1. I do have a question...if we build a base from the ground up, not using a building already in the world, is this error less likely to occur?

We will rebuild and conquer on. I just wanted to give info if you guys are keeping track.

Thanks.

Reconstructionist
    hey Jay berg

i'm not sure if you have the option to transfer save files to a cloud on the XB1 (im a ps4 player) , but i thought some one mentioned that you can if so i would recommend doing this every so often so if an MD5 hits you again you can revert to an older saver and not lose everything, hope maybe that will help you out good luck on the restart and to answer your question building from scratch may "MAY" reduce the chance but in no ways can i guarantee that, one of the ways i have been avoiding it is after every hour or more of game play i back out and upload my save to an USB in your case i bet you can use the cloud , also cause i have had the MD5 occur on a save and exit crash i always walk away from my home base before i save so if the error is radial around the player it will reset the tree in the woods at worst

Refugee
    Hey John,

I am unsure about the cloud. I will look into this tho! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Dillinger View Post
    Douche vader if your on the PS4 you can do a manual save simply export your recent save file to a USB drive i do this regularly as i have had the MD5 error on multiple occasions and have since been able to rectify the loss by loading my usb save , i also take a break every two hours of game play to upload the save to my usb to keep it recent
    Which I do as well as Cloud Saves but the issue is my builds are kind of spread apart, I would have to check everything before I logged off and when you have 9.3km of underground tunnels that is problematic.

Reconstructionist
    last night the MD5 struck again this time my base was unaffected but i had cleared some house out around my base since the zombies get stuck in them on horde night and i end up with only a few zombies actually making it to my base , any how the house north of my base magically reappeared

Refugee

Can I get a refund?

Ok so first of all, I lost an entire base...boom..just vanished. second, I tried to build in and existing structure..boom..my mine and half the building reverted back to original. so with all the time ive put in and lost. I'd really rather not play the game. would love to get a refund and never play a game from this developer again. I don't take peoples money and hand them a pile a crap. fix it before you sell it.
    thanks for nothing

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by BobaFerret138 View Post
    Ok so first of all, I lost an entire base...boom..just vanished. second, I tried to build in and existing structure..boom..my mine and half the building reverted back to original. so with all the time ive put in and lost. I'd really rather not play the game. would love to get a refund and never play a game from this developer again. I don't take peoples money and hand them a pile a crap. fix it before you sell it.
    thanks for nothing
    hey Bobaferret i understand your upset you lost a base , but being angry , insulting and asking for a refund is a bit immature . you bought the game you obviously enjoyed enough to play it long enough to build a base and enjoyed it enough to be upset when you lost what you built , that being said the error you've encountered has been very elusive mainly due to the fact that a great many people who have experienced it rather than divulging details that would help the team identify and recreate it simply complain and ask for their money back . you have a choice in the way you react , i have had the bug erase my bases 4 times now , yet some how i took it all in stride , sure it can be annoying but in the end you chose whether or not your going to be annoyed by it . to be fair i understand you're upset , but i don't understand your negative behavior , the fact of the matter is you wont get a refund but i can guarantee that this bug will eventually be fixed. you just need to practice some patients and if you really want the bug fixed maybe help the team recreate .

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Dillinger View Post
    hey Bobaferret i understand your upset you lost a base , but being angry , insulting and asking for a refund is a bit immature . you bought the game you obviously enjoyed enough to play it long enough to build a base and enjoyed it enough to be upset when you lost what you built , that being said the error you've encountered has been very elusive mainly due to the fact that a great many people who have experienced it rather than divulging details that would help the team identify and recreate it simply complain and ask for their money back . you have a choice in the way you react , i have had the bug erase my bases 4 times now , yet some how i took it all in stride , sure it can be annoying but in the end you chose whether or not your going to be annoyed by it . to be fair i understand you're upset , but i don't understand your negative behavior , the fact of the matter is you wont get a refund but i can guarantee that this bug will eventually be fixed. you just need to practice some patients and if you really want the bug fixed maybe help the team recreate .
    He didn't insult anyone, he wasn't immature and that he wants a refund is pretty understandable.
    Recreate the bug ? Its not like this is a new bug the have been more than enough information from a dozen players to recreate the bug and tbh, normally it's the developer, publisher whatevers job to find and fix bugs not the consumers.
    Moreover because this is a "Complete game". If this was an alpha game then that would be a different story.

And no, i'm not negative, nor immature, nor insulting, just stating facts.
    And your everyone is a whiner, give information, you're negative and immature nature is annoying as f***.
    Rep power 1 ? What a pointless and useless feature.