Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [Known Issue] Terrain Rewriting (MD5 Issue)

Commenting so I know I've read to here.

Thank you for providing details on crashes and MD5 errors
    Clare

Refugee

base wipes and crashes get worse

Ya it seems to get worse the after day 100, also crashes more when i have other players in my server. Have had 3 servers wipe my base at least in 1/2 and always my best saved loot seems to go with it. As far as crashes i will try to play a nice 4 hour sesh and it will crash at least once an hour. Can't the Xboxe one handle this game a bit better?

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by IBKillingfools View Post
    Yeah, I had one MD5 error now after a hard reset as well. The odd part is that it only hit one location, as there were 2 of us on the map at the time.

Luckily, it was only at the entrance to my base, and not in a main area. Where I was clearing ground, a 36 block wide by 50 block long hole, 15 blocks deep, was not effected.
    Unfortunately my last reset occured where I had dug a hole 40 blocks long, 20 blocks wide and 50 blocks deep. All with a pick axe. 75% of it is filled back in.

Come to think of it, 3 of the 4 MD5'S occured while I was below the surface level. Not sure if that has any relevance.

Zombie Hunter
    I have been pretty good with a pick axe, and once I lay out my pits can collapse them quickly.... Last collapse I had was awesome. Wish I recorded it as it went on for about 3-5 minutes, and i was stuck hiding in a little dug out cave watching it all go down.

Would hate to have to redo a pit though, and surprisingly the game didn't crash during it.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by SaucyJack View Post
    Hello all.

I know this is a known issue, just had it occur so I wanted to add my details to hopefully assist QA.

Platform: XB1 digital download.

World: Single Player. Random Gen.

Settings: All default with two exceptions (18 hours daylight, 60 minute days

Character: Chang
    Day: 53
    Time: appx 20:00

Summary: World terrain reset to day 1 state, wiping out player made structures.

Details: While digging a 3x3 hole straight up from appx 20 blocks deep, the game crashed as I hit the surface. However, instead of just instantly dropping me, the game seemed to hitch for appx 10 seconds and as I attempted to pull up my inventory I appeared to have a UI bug where the inventory screen came up, but did not actually show my inventory. Then the game crashed. I have never experienced that UI bug during crashes before. May be a coincidence but I thought it was worth pointing out.

Upon rebooting my character was standing in the same location and the last 4 or 5 blocks I had placed were rolled back/not there. They were placeable however and I was able to complete my structure. At this point I noticed my other player made structure which stood roughly 10-15 blocks away had been essentially cut in half. Part of it stood as it had been, part of it was reset to day 1 (loot able objects had returned that I had removed, etc).

Underneath this structure was a cave I had built that had storage and this was cut in half as well. Part remained with my player made objects, part was reverted to solid underground blocks.

I reloaded the game and the world was still in the reset state.

I believe that is all the detail I can provide, if clarification is needed please let me know. Thank you for all the work you guys and gals do on this project.

I had the exact same issues, I was playing split-screen with my wife when this has happened twice on two different random gens. The one way I know when it is fixing to crash is if I open my inventory or the forge etc and the menu shows an outline only. I have started turning it off as soon as I see that to try and avoid it resetting my map.

Refugee

Surely this must be the crash solution!!!

XB1: Why can’t you patch the game to allow players a QUICK SAVE in game menu. WHEN the game does crash, as it always does, why not allow the player to continue from crash point OR revert to last quick save. At least a player has an option they would be happy to restart from, opposed to the “sucks to be you” glitches.
    This does take away from the game pressure. But at least it’s a work around until the game is finally stable

Refugee

Also having crash issues

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Commenting so I know I've read to here.

Thank you for providing details on crashes and MD5 errors
    Clare
    Is the game file no good after you lose half your base?

Can u just re build? Or should a new game be done?

Refugee

Thumbs up Thanks for reading.. I guess.

Is there no update or information you can give us?
    I'm really a bit turned off right now to this game and this development team.

I've suffered and struggled through over a dozen MD5's and still told everyone I know this is a great game and the best you can give us is "Just commenting to let you know I've read to this point"?

You could have at least let us know if it's a situation you can't grasp yet or SOMETHING.

Maybe I wasted my $30 after all, and I'll definitely quit suggesting friends buy this game. Definitely Unfortunate.

- Jedi

Refugee

Thumbs up One more question:

Is there anyone else we can lodge a complaint with, or are the consumers assed out now that you have our money?

Quote Originally Posted by IrishRedEyeJedi View Post
    Is there no update or information you can give us?
    I'm really a bit turned off right now to this game and this development team.

I've suffered and struggled through over a dozen MD5's and still told everyone I know this is a great game and the best you can give us is "Just commenting to let you know I've read to this point"?

You could have at least let us know if it's a situation you can't grasp yet or SOMETHING.

Maybe I wasted my $30 after all, and I'll definitely quit suggesting friends buy this game. Definitely Unfortunate.

- Jedi
    Is there anyone else we can lodge a complaint with, or are the consumers assed out now that you have our money?
    Wow, it's Saturday night on a holiday weekend in North America. Calm down, the staff isn't on.

You're playing on console, TellTale games publishes that version, not TFP.

Community Moderator MutilatorJuice's Avatar
    You must return it from where you bought it. Lodge a complaint? Good luck on a game still being developed.

Refugee

Creative mode

The only real way to play at this juncture is to play creative mode(cheat on) so you can rebuild at a moments notice after losing it all! I usually play creative to test new base designs, but all the terrain rewrites make playing any other mode right now not really survivable. Zeds arent the worry anymore, its a home to be safe in. Still in love with this game tho!

Hunter
    Hey Claire, this happened to me and a friend. He was broadcasting at the time. He has it on video. Would a video help at all?

Refugee
    It's been four months and there isn't a fix for this glitch yet? What kind of children are developing this game?

Vtelmo - No harm in sending the vid over.

Emo Kills Best - There have been multiple MD5 error fixes issued already. You are entitled to comment positively or negatively, but please keep it respectful.