Thread: [Known Issue] Blood Moon Horde repeats

[Known Issue] Blood Moon Horde repeats

[STATUS: LOGGED - IN PROGRESS]

If the player logs out or crashes during the blood moon (between 22:00 and 06:00 on the 7th day multiple) after defeating the horde, upon logging in, a new horde will spawn as if the first one never existed.

This can be repeated multiple times between 22:00 and 06:00

Colony Founder
    Clare? I thought hordes were supposed to spawn in waves. I didn't think the horde was defeated until about 6:00am. Is there only supposed to be a certain number of waves?

Hi Jackel,

This is slightly different, and is more noticeable on earlier nights, where the number of zombies in that horde are killed, for example Day 7 is about 30-50 zombies. All zombies are dead and killed off quickly (you might have a long day cycle too). If then the player logs out, or the game crashes while the blood moon is still active, and logs back in, the game will spawn the same horde number for that night.

Clare

Colony Founder
    Gotcha. Thanks for the clear explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi Jackel,

This is slightly different, and is more noticeable on earlier nights, where the number of zombies in that horde are killed, for example Day 7 is about 30-50 zombies. All zombies are dead and killed off quickly (you might have a long day cycle too). If then the player logs out, or the game crashes while the blood moon is still active, and logs back in, the game will spawn the same horde number for that night.

Clare
    This is like Free Loot, I would leave this bug in the game LOL.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribalkrazed View Post
    This is like Free Loot, I would leave this bug in the game LOL.
    Agreed, who doesn't want more zombies to kill? I mean complaining about more zombies is like complaing about getting too much food at a buffet. I know that I myself will be logging out after killing off blood moon hordes to take advantage of this "bug" as ferals and cops usually carry rarer and better loot. I kill ferals with my fists, people say they are OP I disagree they can't handle "the hands".

Quote Originally Posted by Dopest_Gorilla88 View Post
    Agreed, who doesn't want more zombies to kill? I mean complaining about more zombies is like complaing about getting too much food at a buffet. I know that I myself will be logging out after killing off blood moon hordes to take advantage of this "bug" as ferals and cops usually carry rarer and better loot. I kill ferals with my fists, people say they are OP I disagree they can't handle "the hands".
    LOL, I one-shot them, with my sniper rifle. been getting lvl 600 parts off of them on my map it's great.