We’ve just released Alpha 15 Experimental B78 and could really use your help finding the last remaining big issues. As always TFP is interested in all constructive criticism and feedback, but what we're really looking for in this thread are the following:
- Show stopping game play bugs (Hopefully with reproducible steps)
- Crashes (Try and get reproducible steps and post your output_log.txt files usually found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt directly in your forum post. Note: You will find all output _logs time stamped there even from old games. You can also attach your zipped up crash dump file too.)
- Game Stage Feedback (We want to know how your challenge was based on the size and levels of your group)
- Economy Feedback (How long did it take you to sell, save and buy the best items? Did you find any money farming exploits?)
- Vending Machines (How were the rented and player ones working for you? Did you find any exploits with the rented ones?)
- UMA Zombies (Please note problems you encounter with these)
- XP and Progress (How does the player progression feel now)
Here's how to opt in and play the latest experimental branch.
- Open your steam client.
- Click on Games/View Games Library
- Right click ‘7 Days to Die’ and select properties
- From the new popup dialogue box select the ‘BETAS’ Tab
- Under ‘Select the beta you would like to opt into’ latest_experimental
- The game will then update and download the latest experimental build Alpha 15 Experimental
- Switching back to the latest main stable build is as easy as repeating steps 1-4 and on step 4 choose the option ‘None – Opt out of all Beta Programs’ and you’ll revert to the latest stable build
This update has some big framework changes so starting a new game is a must. Please don’t try to salvage your old saved game. And for those of you that experience any problems please use your steam client to delete local files and reinstall the game. Also wiping your player profile data might be helpful.
Alpha 15 Release Notes Link